“Hilton Hotel 400 Olive Street, St. Louis” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 Hhonors pts/nt
Ranked #31 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Northboro, Mass., United States
“Hilton Hotel 400 Olive Street, St. Louis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I strongly recommend the Hilton Hotel on Olive Street in St. Louis. The rooms are clean, the bed is comfortable, large bathrooms with all necessary items, including nice, hot shower facilities. It was quiet and easy sleeping at night. The location is in downtown St. Louis. It is about 300 yards from the Golden Arch. It is about a half mile on the same street from where the Blues play hockey. It is about a quarter mile from Busch Sta- dium. The courthouse where Dred Scott first sued for his freedom is maybe two hundred yards away, if that far. Although, I did not get a chance to go there, a Lewis and Clark Museum is within walking distance also. There are many nice restaurants nearby. I strongly recommend the Hilton at 400 Olive Street in St. Louis. .

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Mark B, Thank you for your Five Star Review! We are pleased you enjoyed your time in St. Louis. We are working hard through our lobby renovations and will have a spectacular outcome when everything is finished. We hope to see you again soon.

593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
PNS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

One of the best, beautifully appointed hotel I have stay at in quite a while. Perfect for the location for both Business and Leisure alike. If I were to book a hotel in downtown St Louis, I would spend the extra money on this one. (Although if you want an Arch View... this hotel will not work for you)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear jbragg476, Thank you for your Five Star Review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we all have smiles on our faces knowing we hit a home run with you. Our lobby renovations are in full swing with our amenities at 100%. Demolition is complete and noise in the lobby is minimal with no noise on the guest room floors.
Our new look will be fresh and modern while keeping the charm of our historic building in tack.
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

When my boyfriend and I booked a room here for our romantic getaway, we had high expectations for the Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch! We just returned from serving in Afghanistan for a year together and was looking so forward to a nice luxurious hotel to stay in and enjoy its amenities. When we arrived, we thought we were in the wrong hotel! We walked up to a small table to check in... the lobby wasn't a lobby, it was partitioned off by make shift walls... there was much construction going on, with loud jack-hammering and other noises we had trouble communicating with the desk (table) clerk. They gave us our complimentary cookies in a ziploc bag that just seemed so unprofessional. When we got to our room, it was nice... different layout but nice. We're all about a view, especially of the city or the Mississippi and the Arch, and when we opened our curtains and pulled up the shade, it was literally a brick wall right in front of our windows... we saw NOTHING. That's fine if we're staying at a one star hotel, but this is a 4 star hotel... it put us in a gloomy mood and in a worse one than what we were in from all the construction and noise earlier from checking in. Still we tried to have a positive attitude, but sure enough the next day (Saturday), we were confronted with no hot water! We went down to the front table and notified them, with their answer being, "We're sorry. We called someone and they should be here in 30 minutes to an hour to fix it." We had plans and needed to be on our way, so needless to say we took uncomfortable cold showers and went on our way to enjoy the St. Patrick's Day parade and the city's atmosphere. The next day we were wanting to relax in the lounge and have a cocktail, but there was none... just a few couches and seating by a TV. It wasn't a bad hotel... BUT for the money we paid, it was NOT worth it! We were very disappointed and probably will not stay here again for the price. The staff was pretty friendly but that's not enough to make us come back. Advice to future Hilton patrons... DO NOT STAY HERE UNTIL THE CONSTRUCTION IS COMPLETE and make sure you don't get the brick wall view!!! It is NOT worth the money unless you don't care about the view or noise!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms WITHOUT a brick wall view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tracey E, Thank you for taking time to let the Trip Advisor Community know about your recent experience at our hotel. We too are upset the stress of renovations tarnished your stay. We strive for each guest to have a wonderful and relaxing time at our Hilton.
Please accept my deepest apologies for the weekend not going as planned as your time with your loved one is very important.
I would like to make things right with you and I am available to do so via phone at 314.554.7078 or email at mark.sugars@hilton.com
Our renovation is a commitment to our guests to provide the best product and by mid May the lobby will be complete.
I hope in time your confidence in our hospitality will be restored. Thank you for your business and safe travels to you and yours.
Mayfield, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was going to St. Louis for business but my girlfriend was going with me to have a romantic weekend getaway. I was looking at several area hotels and found out that this location had whirlpools. So I booked a King Whirlpool Suite. We arrived early Friday afternoon and walked into the lobby which was divided off in half for construction. Workers were jack-hammering something and employees had on filtration masks. We went up to the make-shift front desk and was informed that the room I had reserved (with a credit card and my Hilton Honors card) wasn't available. So they put me in a cheaper king size room. Did they adjust the price? NO! Could I discuss that with them? NO! Because the noise was so loud you couldn't even think. Then they gave us our complimentary cookies in Ziploc bags -- it looked like they came from a school bake sale. I wasn't feeling well and I just wanted to get to my room and away from all of this noise. The room was newly decorated but not what I expected from the pictures I had seen online -- it was much smaller. The bathroom was tiny. Finishes were nice though.

The next morning (Saturday) my girlfriend started to get a shower and found that we had no hot water. There's nothing like an ice cold shower to get you going in the morning. We attempted to VERY quickly bathe and check out. When we got back down the "front desk" the jack hammering was still going on. I handed my keys to the clerk and she handed me a copy of my statement. She didn't even ask how my stay was. I guess she didn't want to hear any of my complaints.

My advice would be to not stay at this location until sometime after May or June when construction is completed if you like hot water. Maybe they'll give you the room you reserved.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Jeff R, Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We want every guest to feel welcome and cared for and during your stay we missed the mark. We are truly disappointed our improvements tarnished your weekend. Please accept our sincerest apologies as we will do everything we can to make things right.
Demolition is complete with little noise impact in the lobby and the hot water issue was a logistical error during demolition.
All of our guest room renovations are complete with new photos on our website at www.stlouisdowntown.hilton.com and construction noise has no impact on the guest room floors.
We are committed and will provide the very best product and service you have come to expect from Hilton Hotels.
If I may be of assistance to you please contact me direct at 314.554.7078 or mark.sugars@hilton.com
Thank you for your business and we hope to regain your confidence in our service here in St. Louis. Safe travels to you and yours.
St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Although the lobby is currently being remodeled, the hotel room was beautiful. All new furnishings, lovely granite tops, great amenities, refrigerator, and very comfortable bed. The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. Located in the heart of the city where you can walk almost anywhere. Took the MetroLink from the airport, too, just blocks away.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Susan D, Thank you for your Five Star Review! We are pleased you enjoyed our new look and had a great time in St. Louis. The lobby renovations have areas blocked off but all of our amenities you have come to expect from Hilton are operational.
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in St. Louis. Safe travels to you and yours.
DuQuoin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed for the night back in february. I thought it was very nice. Staff was prompt and friendly....Hotel was nice and clean. Rooms were setup a little different but nothing to complain about. Bathroom was spacious and breakfast was good although a little overpriced in my opinion. Overall would definitely go back

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear brian w, Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent visit to St. Louis. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and like our new rooms. The lobby is currently under renovation but all our amenities are still available to best serve you.
St. Louis Hilton - By the Arch, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a great hotel for a good price. Prompt service; clean and quiet room; professional service. Keep up the great work! I arrvied to friendly valet service. Check in was a breeze. My room was really nice and clean and well kept. The bar/resturant service was great and enjoyed a good time.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Aaron Peter F, Thank you for your Five Star Review! We love that we hit a home run with you during your recent visit to St. Louis. Our new stylish rooms look amazing and the lobby and restaurant will be complete by mid May 2014. We can't wait for you to check us out again.
Thank you for your business and safe travels to you and yours.

Been to Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch? Share your experiences!