“LOVE the service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Omaha, United States
“LOVE the service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Great great great service ....stay there all the time and the staff is amazing and they have very little turnover!! The fitness center is very good and even though the hotel is in a busy downtown area of St. Louis, it is VERY easy to park OR valet, near the Stadium, and such a great atmosphere all around.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Patricia Shille...C, Thank you for your five star review! We are delighted you enjoy your stay with us when visiting St. Louis. We are committed to excellent service as we renovate the hotel and elevate our Hilton to a new stylish look.
We look forward to your next arrival and we thank you for your business. Safe travels to you and yours.

593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel appears to have undergone a recent room renovation, as the room we were placed in was very stylish and comfortable... Not like the pictures show on the website. During the duration of our stay all the employees from the front desk to the restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. I can't wait to come back this summer for a Cardinals game and stay here!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JBeazyB, Thank you for your five star review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and like our new look. We are getting close to the completion of our room tower renovations. I can't tell you how excited we are to have stylish new rooms for our guests like you.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next arrival. Safe travels to you and yours.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stay here for business, it is convenient to the highways. Nice perks for diamond members. Super friendly staff. Breakfast is ok in the morning, but not much to choose from. Always had great experiences here. Nice rooms. Lots of restaurants and activities in walking distance.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Boejina, Thank you for taking time to review our hotel during your recent stay in St. Louis. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and were understanding about renovation logistics. We are very excited to have an entire new look in 2014 with our guest rooms almost complete. The biggest transformation will be our lobby, restaurant and bar. It will be fantastic!
We hope you will be able to enjoy our stylish look once complete.
Thank you for your business and safe travels to you and yours.
Wimberley, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We checked in the night of January 2nd. It had been a long, hard, travel day... The occupancy was at best 20%, possibly because of the snow storm that had just blown through... I desperately wanted a glass of wine to take to the room as we proceeded up after a hard 12 hours of travel getting here... I was immediately harassed by a drunk man at the bar, as I walked by... He proceeded to attempt to follow me and my 12 year old daughter as we approached the elevator.. I dealt with that, and we moved on... Then, when we returned downstairs for dinner, the same drunk man, an older veteran, (possibly off the street, but loitering at the bar, continuing to drink..) continued to harass me and my 12 year old daughter as we tried to have some dinner..l not one single staff member did anything about it.... We finally had to take our food/drinks up to our room it got so uncomfortable ... At most, there were 7 guests downstairs where we were, and 2 staff members (if you include the front desk gentleman)... We were the only female guests (my daughter and I)... And we're we're continually harassed by one single older drunk man, and not a single person choose to intervene... But, rather look the other way... I was super disappointed, and I felt completely unsafe the remainder of the stay... After all, if this was out in the broad open, and no one would intervene, how safe we're we in the rest of the property... It was shameful... And, btw, the bartender continued to serve him one shot after another...

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear sarakkd, Thank you for taking time out of your day to bring this matter to my attention. I would like to first apologize you had a poor experience in our hotel. We take all our guests concerns seriously, especially safety concerns. We strive for all our guests to feel welcome and cared for and we definitely want this for you. I have started an investigation to re-step the evening you have detailed to eliminate any further concern from our hotel. I will ensure you this matter will not be taken lightly.
If you wish to provide any additional information you are welcome to contact me direct at 314.554.7078 or mark.sugars@hilton.com
Again, please accept my sincerest apology and I will have this matter resolved immediately.
Thank you for your business and I hope in time you will regain confidence in our service and security.
Respectfully, Mark Sugars
Springfield, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I paid right at 200 dollars for my stay at this hotel. I am not one to complain about much. However, this hotel or maybe it was just the room I was in, 607 is not worth the money at all. This room is Tiny it smelled like paint the view out of the window looks directly into an office building. It would have been better if there were now windows at all. The front desk was friendly. The lady at the bar was friendly. The breakfast was fake eggs. It was nasty, Comparable to a Sizzler. The server was unprofessional. Parking is off site. The lobby is nice. And did I mention the room was super small. lol. The good thing about the horrible view was the fact that it is still dark in the morning with no sunlight coming through.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Chris M, Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology for the unpleasant stay. We want all our guests to feel welcome and cared for and with you we missed the mark. Explaining the paint smell, 607 is a newly renovated room and you were the first guest to stay in it. We may have placed the room back on market to soon as it was a major factor during your stay.
I shall address the service and quality in the restaurant so we may better serve you and our guests. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Our hotel is downtown and with only eight floors many views from the guest rooms are other buildings. We will be delighted to select a larger room with a non-alley view given the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.
If I may be of personal assistance to you in regard my hotel please feel free to contact me direct at 314.554.7078 or mark.sugars@hilton.com
Thank you for your business and Happy New Year to you and yours.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Downtown St. Louis for one night, in two rooms. The location is great, and the hotel is very good overall. The rooms are clean and the staff is nice and helpful. My only observations are that 1) our room didn't have coffee and there were some toiletries missing - as though they hadn't made up the room fully, but otherwise the room was clean and nice; and 2) the lobby looks a bit dated, in need of a facelift. Both rooms were on the 8th floor; one of them was all the way in the corner, right next to the service room, which is understandable, since I had a dog. There was no noise, however, and except for the missing coffee and shampoo (in the other room), all was well. We got a great rate, similar to what one would pay in a motel or a cheaper hotel. The pet fee ($50) felt a bit steep, but it's not out of the ordinary.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Trip Advisor Member, Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the travel community. We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay in St. Louis and I am pleased to announce the hotel is under renovation. We have started with our rooms’ tower , scheduled to be completed by mid February. Our lobby, restaurant and bar are will begin a facelift in March.
We hope with our new improvements you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to St. Louis.
Thank you for your business and safe travels to you and yours.
st.louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

i really enjoyed my stay here at the Downtown Hilton hotel my over all experiece was exellent , I got what I was looking for a very quiet, private and relaxing stay.The comfort of the beds were awesome and very inviting, so satisfied with my stay!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Michelle T, Thank you for your Five Star Review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to get the rest and relaxation you were seeking.
Our renovations are on pace and we hope you will visit us again and enjoy our new stylish look.
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon in St. Louis.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch? Share your experiences!