Hilton St. Louis Downtown is what it is. It's not a spectacular experience but is good for the business traveler. The hotel appears to be a renovation of an old bank in downtown St. Louis - which looks really nice. The vaults have been converted to gift shops and the foyer and main area of the hotel are very regal. You are a 5 - 10 minute walk to the St. Louis Arch and there are a number of places in walking distance. Quite honestly though, the area is a little run-down. It's sad. If you have a rental car you'll need to get a red access key from the front-desk upon check-in and then park your car in the garage across the street. No big deal. It was nice to have a garage so close and not incredibly expensive. No free WIFI when I stayed - but most Hilton Hotels require you to be a certain status as far as the Hilton Honors goes for free WIFI. No complimentary breakfast - also a negative. The buffet was depressing, but I stomached it. The workout facility was probably the best part of the hotel. Lots of equipment, nice weights, and big facility. Not much of a pool/spa though...
You're no more than 30 minutes to and from the airport - traffic doesn't appear to be too much of an issue in St. Louis. I'd honestly compare the area to Buffalo, Detroit or the like. Like I said, good stay, dated a little, and not much else to say.
Q: Would I stay again?
(but it would be nice to have complimentary breakfast and free WIFI)
- Also Known As:
- Hilton St. Louis Downtown Hotel
- Hilton St. Louis Downtown Hotel Saint Louis
- Hilton St Louis Downtown
- Hilton Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Heart of Downtown St. Louis, Missouri is the historic Hilton St. Louis Downtown hotel at the Arch, a boutique hotel in the city. The Hilton downtown Saint Louis hotel is situated at the corner of 4th and Olive Street within walking distance The Gateway Arch, America's Center and the Historical Laclede's Landing . Also just blocks away is Busch Stadium – home of the St.Louis Cardinals , as well as The Edward Jones Dome , where the NFL’s St. Louis Rams play their home games. Our Saint Louis hotel's location is less than 15 miles from Lambert International Airport and central to many of the city's premier attractions. This guarantees the perfect location for business meetings, weddings, social functions or a simple urban getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.