“Good Indian food for all tastes” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Seattle
“Good Indian food for all tastes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

It's an average-style suburban place; we ordered take-out from their on- line extensive menu. The tenderest lamb you can imagine, lovely with a little rice and raita; chicken chunks in a creamy saffron sauce; a quite spicy eggplant side. Nan, naturally. A filling "different" meal that a family can enjoy at je at a reasonable cost.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

hies
“Can't order from the main menu when it's lunch time?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I don't like what they have on the buffet bar so I thought hey I will just order of the menu and let my wife eat on the buffet bar.
First restraunt I heard of that won't let you order of there menu when they are open.
St.louis still does not have a good Indian restraunt!!!
Also bring bottled water from home , it will be much better than the toilet water they serve don't belive me , take a look at your water glass in the light and tell me what you see ....

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Beachwood, New Jersey
“Extremely tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We found this restaurant by using the Yelp app on my phone. What a great choice. The service courteous and very quick. The food was scrumptious. We had three dishes, chicken Saag, lamb curry and the vegetarian medly. All were cooked to perfection with the right amount of spice. The lassie, both sweet and salt, were also delicious. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Illinois
“Home like atmosphere with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Went for a Sunday night dinner with the family, and had a truly outstanding Indian meal. I like it hot, and the Lamb vindaloo was all I could ask for. My wife likes it mild, and the tandoori chicken certainly filled the bill. In between, the kids (adults - but still my kids) had the lamb krala - and the chicken tikka masala which has to be the best I've ever had.

Next time I'm in St. Louis, I'm headed there.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Always Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We have been going to House of India for years and have never had a bad experience. Whenever we are looking for a cozy and casual dinner House of India hits the spot. The staff is always friendly and the service is great. And, if you work in the area, the lunch buffet is a great economic lunch. Just delicious!

• Visited April 2012