“Every visit is as wonderful as the first” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #139 of 2,549 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
“Every visit is as wonderful as the first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food and service is always fabulous. Frank Papa's serves better authentic Italian food than a lot of the places on The Hill. My wife and I have recommended it to a number of people, and none of them have been disappointed.

• Visited February 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Go to place for quiet business lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Frank Papa's does a great dinner service for large and small groups, but it is really my favorite for lunch. It is open for lunch Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The regular menu includes fresh salads with the tastiest light dressing, large sandwiches and some pastas. There are also always at least three "special" pastas on the menu.

Today I have the ziti carbonara-I was starving and it was a great dish for a cold day. Last week I had the cannelloni-delicious! Lunch is served with the same white table cloth set ups as dinner, making this a very nice place to bring a client or have a quiet business lunch. The service is attentive without being intrusive. And parking is free!

• Visited February 2013
St. Louis
“Amazing dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

First time and it won't be the last. Heard they had an appetizer that was a combo of two. I believe it is called the "carpini" Unbelievable. Also the fried escarole melts in your mouth. Made reservations and had a lovely table for 8. Frank walked around the whole night and our waitress picked up on a birthday in our group and brought a fabulous dessert (candles and all).What a great evening. Oh and dinner was great also. Everyone ordered something different and they all loved their entree...

• Visited January 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great family owned Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've driven past this restaurant for years and for some reason have never visited until now. I had no idea I was missing the best Italian restaurant in St Louis outside of "The Hill" area. We walked in without a reservation and the owner seated us very quickly, though the restaurant was nearly full. We proceeded through a full Italian meal and every course was delicious and very well executed. The specials they had sounded incredible, but we already had our hearts set on Italian staples. Our server, who I heard through conversation with the next table has been there 16 years, provided very good service, even dividing dishes we planned to share.

This is the kind of place you want to see thrive. A family run restaurant that gives great service and prepares an outstanding meal. We will be back, except with a reservation next time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Nice family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

A real feel of a family restaurant for families and run by a family. Probably don't want to bring my 4-y-o granddaughter here, but great for adult families. They offer 1/2 siz on the pasta dishes which is good since they're all generous (and staff gently wrapped up all our leftovers to take home).

• Visited November 2012