“Great night out!” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Coco Louco Brasil
512 N. Euclid St., Saint Louis, MO 63108-1604 (Central West End)
(314) 367-1600
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central West End
Description: authentic Brazilian cuisine.
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Great night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This corner bar/restaurant/lounge is in the Central West End section of St. Louis, west of downtown and just east of Forest Park. We had a group of eight staying at the Chase Park Plaza Hotel, and we wanted a close by place. The owner was there and greeted us at the door and let us know our table would be ready soon. We had some local beers from Urban Chestnut on tap and some cocktails from their cool list. A three-piece band was playing, drums, congas, and bandleader on vibes and cornet and trumpet and vocals. The music was easy listening and you could talk over it now prob. The place had a nice mix: from young people to Baby Boomers like us to a table full of oldtimers who were very interactive with the band. We felt like we were in a timeless non-touristy bar in The Quarter. All of our food was tasty and nicely presented. I had the shrimp Creole and a Caeser salad that was excellent. My friends all told me repeatedly that they were glad I picked it out and that it was just what we needed. Two couples walked back to the hotel and hit a whiskey bar en route.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

St. Louis
“We won't be going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visted Coco Louco Brasil on a Saturday @ 7 pm. The decor was interesting, but things like the ricketty booth I sat it could be better. To begin with I ordered a salad, as they had about 5 listed on the menu. The waiter said they were out of lettuce. So I asked for a spinich salad, and they were out of spinich too. So, I ordered a mojito. The mojito was ok, but it didn't have any mint leaves. What a bummer, isn't that one of the main ingredients? My husband order mashed potatos as a side dish. After 50 minutes the waiter came out and said they were out of mashed potatoes (this was the only potatoe dish on the menu). We were finally served our meal at least 1 hour after we ordered. I thought the meal was tasty. We did wonder though, whether the wood block they have on the table that they stick the kabob skewer into is sanitary. Price wise, I don't think you really get what you pay for as far as the meal goes. Not much meat, and way too much onion on the kabob.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis, MO
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We saw a deal on Groupon for restaurant. Thought we would give it a try. It was very good. Somethings were not available on the Groupon but overall everything was good. Service was great and food was pretty good. Had the Combo Brasil. Little too much sauce but overall was satisfied.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent service, great Brazilian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I ate at this restaurant for the first time this week and it was excellent. The waiter was extremely attentive. He also gave us a salad on the house because I had an old menu that listed an item that was not included in the dinner anymore. A great selection of Brazilian dishes including grilled meats, kabobs and seafood - all reasonably priced. Would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri
“BEST BRAZILIAN CUISINE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant is by far the most fun and lively scene at Central West End! Great ambiance for a girsl night out! I especially loved the live brazilian music! It made me feel like I was back in Rio again. The food was also a slam hit! Every bite was an explosion of exotic flavors in my mouth! Can't wait to visit again!

• Visited June 2013