“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carmine's Steak House

Carmine's Steak House
20 S 4th St, Saint Louis, MO 63102-1809 (Downtown)
+1 314-241-1631
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 87 Dessert in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Walnut Street
Description: Carmine's Steak House, located in the heart of downtown St. Louis in the new Drury Plaza Hotel, promises and delivers the finest in aged steaks, hand-cut chops, rack of lamb, chicken and seafood entrees, as well as Lombardo's signature toasted ravioli. With private rooms that can accommodate up to 170 people and nightly complimentary valet parking, Carmine's offers convenience for tourists, business meetings and local diners alike.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to Carmine's on Saturday night and first sat at the bar and watched college basketball. I liked the large TV at the bar, and the drinks were great too! Came back later on for dinner and it was well worth it. Food was cooked perfectly, the drinks and wine were again real good, along with everything else. For dessert I would recommend the lemon cake, it was very smooth. The staff at the restaurant is exceptional. The bartender is very polite and was fun to talk to, and so was the manager. They were both friendly and took good care of all of the customers. I will be back without hesitation.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Prestwick, United Kingdom
“Great steak and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were recommended Carmine's by the Hilton staff and found it quite easily, only three blocks-walk from the hotel. The setting was great, and a mixture of business groups and couples were seated when we arrived at about 6pm. The service was excellent throughout the evening and the waiter made a great recommendation for the Syrah red wine, of which we had a glass each. Portion-wise, huge - if you're from the UK you will struggle to eat all the available sides as well as the main course. We had scallops starter, excellent. My steak was a gorgonzola covered fillet of sirloin (8oz) and my colleague has a 16oz New York strip - both cooked to perfection. We had sides of risotto and a shared plate of onions and mushrooms. Overall price was about $120 but as the last meal at the end of a successful trip well worth it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
missouri
“Awesome Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great Service! Great Food! Mixed with Illni fans and had a great time. The lobster risotto was to die for.

Visited December 2012
San Diego, CA
“Flexible menu and a really good dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was in town for a conference and someone recommended Carmine's (it is a short walk from where I was staying). After a day of snacking on conference treats, I didn't want a full dinner but I didn't just want a snack. The waiter recommended combining the two appetizers that I mentioned (crab cakes, toasted ravioli) into something of a sampler plate, and it worked really well. The food was very tasty, and there were plenty of refills of my ice tea. This seems like a spot that would be an easy walk for most people from the arch or the ballpark, and if your waiter is as helpful as mine you should do fine here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rock Hill
“Not bad spur of the moment decision”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

At the last minute during a business trip to St. Louis I found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. Luckily, we did not need a restaurant considering it was a Saturday night. There was complimentary valet which was helpful considering that I am on crutches. The atmosphere was okay, I thought some of the tables were a little too close for my comfort. The lighting was low and there was not a lot of background noise. The food was great, I had scallops and my friend had a steak. The price was comparable for other steakhouses I have been to. Overall a good experience.

• Visited October 2012