“Gorgeous and breathtaking!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
Cold Spring, Kentucky
“Gorgeous and breathtaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My experience here on Friday, November 29th was perfect. My mom and I came to visit the hotel for a tour. I am getting married on January 4, so we booked a block of rooms for our wedding party and guests. Patria took us on the tour of the hotel and she was awesome. She was so nice and so funny. She made us laugh a lot and we really enjoyed the experience.
She first took us into a standard room. They were so pretty. I love the furniture and the sliding bathroom doors. These rooms are beyond "standard."
We also checked out the patio rooms. These were so cool. I have never seen any hotel room like this. I love the walk out patio. I think these rooms will be a big hit for a lot of our wedding party.
And the best for last, the Director Suite. This room is jaw dropping. My soon to be husband and I will be staying in one of these rooms for two nights. (the night of the wedding and day after) I am sooo excited to have one of these rooms. As soon as I walked in I was just amazed. The bathroom had me speechless. I have never in my life stayed in a hotel room like this before, so I can not wait for our wedding night and relaxing day after. We are not able to take a honeymoon right after the wedding, so knowing I will be staying in a room like this makes it all perfect.
Not only were the rooms amazing, but the customer service was great. We had so much fun taking a tour and the ladies at the front desk were all so friendly. I was nervous to pick a hotel I had never stayed at for our wedding room block, but my trip there Friday reassured me I made a great choice. I am so excited for our wedding party and our guests to stay at this hotel. I know we will all great treated wonderful and will enjoy our stay. Only one month away!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gerad H, General Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you so much for such wonderful comments. We are all so excited that you have chosen River City as your site for your wedding night and guest accommodations. I promise we will take good care of everyone and make sure that your big day is absolutely PERFECT!!! It is our honor and privilege to be a part of such a great memory. Please don’t forget we are here to help in any way we can.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and your family in January.

Gerad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

very nice clean hotel nice rooms great value but they do not have coffee makers in the rooms and it is a long way to go to buy coffee rooms are very well decorated very clean the only problem we had was that the housekeepers start cleaning at 7am and woke us up by being loud in the hallway this is bad due to the fact it is a casino hotel and most people that stay there are up late at nite and d not want to be woken up at 7 am

Room Tip: bring your own coffee maker
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jesstine J, Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are proud of the accommodations and service we offer our guests, and are proud to announce that we now have coffee pots in all rooms! Thank you for the feedback regarding Housekeeping talking in the hallways as well, our guest feedback is invaluable to making us even better. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you soon!
Oakville, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Kudos to River City Casino and Hotel for having staff that are amazing, helpful, courteous, and go out of their way to accommodate your needs. Our bellhop, Jerry went above and beyond his call of duty!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We live in the area and stayed while we were having work done in our home and just as a get away. We had a great time- very relaxing. The rooms are very nice and the staff is very friendly. I do thin, however, that is was a mistake to not put refridgerators in the rooms. Many travelers would like to have a coffee pot too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing such great feedback. I am extremely happy that you had such a wonderful time. Your suggestion on adding a refrigerator in each room is well taken. We do have several small in room refrigerators that are available complimentary upon guest request. On your next stay we would be happy to arrange for one to be placed in your room prior to your arrival. It would be our pleasure.

Thank you again and we all look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.

Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My daughter and I went to get a tour of the rooms, since we were interested in booking a block of rooms for her wedding. Patria was delightful and excited to take us around to the different rooms. We knew they were nice but had no idea how elegant they were. The patio rooms were beautiful and I booked mine right away. I have traveled quite often with my job taking large groups to stay in beautiful hotels, but this was beyond any luxury suite I have experienced. Sofas, beautifully decorated rooms with gorgeous floors but the bathroom with an island in the middle, the rainfall shower, the giant sit alone bathtub was jaw dropping amazing. My daughter and I were so excited to book the rooms knowing her guests would be treated like royalty. Can't wait for January!

Room Tip: Patio rooms were on ground floor, easy walk up for handicap or older guests. Patios were beautiful...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for such wonderful comments. I know Patria had fun showing you and your daughter the highlights of our property. She really cares about each guest and their experience. ALL of us are so excited that you have chosen River City for the wedding guests. We will take good care of them and I know the big day will wonderful. We are here to help in any way we can.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and your daughter again soon.

Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This property is one of the finest I have visited. The staff (from the valet attendants, to the Bell Staff, to the Front Desk Personnel are the friendliest and most helpful I have had the pleasure of dealing with. If you are looking for gaming the casino personnel are just like the hotel staff. Friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerad H, General Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving such great feedback. As you can tell, our team absolutely loves what they do! They have a genuine sense of pride in creating great guest experiences. We are all extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and certainly look forward to serving you as our guest again. Thank you again for recommending us!

Happy Holidays
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

It's really easy to write a critical review, but where do you start with a "simply amazing" hotel experience. We walked in and immediately sank into ultra plush carpet, the decor was outstanding, the people were friendly. Many places put on a 5-Star facade, but these folks did everything first class! The bellman showed us to our room after taking care of our car at the free valet service. The room was spacious, and decorated to the hilt. Even the flat screen tv was framed on the wall. They had the usual place to hang your clothes, but there was an additional armoire for our clothing with a safe for our valuables. There was no refrigerator, but he asked if we would like to have one. The bath was also "simply amazing." Thre was no tub, but we could've had a party in the shower. The lights and tv were built into the oversize mirror. There was a separate water closet room with a privacy door. I only had one complaint, no coffeemaker, but I found out at checkout that I could've requested one-so ask for it if you are a coffee drinker. We found the restaurants reasonably priced, as well as the coffee vendor in the lobby. I could go on and on. It was an absolutely delightful experience.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a coffee maker.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving such wonderful feedback. I am so happy that you found our accommodations and casino to be "AMAZING". We have tried to think of all the details - plush comfortable beds, great lighting, large flat screen TV's, and spacious bathrooms with overhead rain showers - that make a guest's stay great. Even with a great facility, it is our team members that bring it to life. They love what they do and work hard to create great guest experiences. We are all extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and certainly look forward to serving you as our guest again. Thank you again for recommending us!

Happy Holidays
Gerad

Been to River City Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!