“Hit the spot.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of J F Sanfilippo's Restaurant

J F Sanfilippo's Restaurant
705 N Broadway, Saint Louis, MO 63102-2106 (Downtown)
314-621-5307
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Hit the spot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We always stay in the hotel next door but never went down to try it. I'd say the prices are average but the food is great. It's kinda hidden away. We've now gone after baseball games when I've seen it get pretty crazy and just because we wanted a nice place to relax. There is also a nice bar that you can stop at for a night cap. It's all kinda tiny but it's just enough space. It has definitely become one of our favorites. We've alway been treated well and left stuffed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Columbia, IL
“Top notch Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have been going to JF Sanfilippo's for years and the food is always amazing and the service great. I can't imagine the bad reviews listed on this site. I can only say they must have been disgruntled customers for some reason because the food is great. The bread is home made by mama and the person who said it was stale is better off at the Olive Garden, because her bread is to die for. Salads and appetizers are wonderful from the wings, to the fingers and everything in between. Every sauce is made from scratch and pasta is cooked as the order is taken. You won't find a huge pot of overcooked pasta in the kitchen. So if you have to wait, and you will if you have over 10 people ordering 10 different dishes because they cook to order. Reasonably priced and a wonderful place to go for dinner for a special time before an event or after a game of any kind. If you are downtown, trust me this is the place for Italian food. Glenn is an excellent server and family cooks in the kitchen. Warm and welcoming.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
st.louis MO
“Great Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here a few times and always are very impressed with the food and service. We believe the food is a notch above the many Italian restaurants on the Hill with great service to match.
The restaurant is attached to the Drury Inn next to the Edward Jones Domein Downtown St.Louis. They offer free covered parking which is nice on a winters evening.
Try the Pollo Supreme which has a creamy white wine sauce with mushrooms. You will love the sauce I cleaned my plate using the complimentary hot rolls in order to eat every last bit!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great food, moderate prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

A foodie's paradise, They have an extensive Italian menu and everything the four of us fad for dinner was absolutely superbly prepared! The veal dishes were top notch.,

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cary, Illinois
“Slow service. Out of food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We were there on a Saturday night at 8:30 p.m. I ordered lasagna and was told I am too late. I don't know if they are known for lasagna, but to be out then? Restaurant was not crowded. Five tables were occupied one waiter for all. He worked hard and hustled, but why did the lady who sat us not help at all? She stood by bar? Wait was incredibly long for just dinner salads. Forgot my sons Pepsi. Long wait for the rest of our food, which wasn't worth the wait. Nothing exciting and we all had different meals. Even the rolls lacked flavor. Wish we went to were the hotel recommended first, but chose this as closer walk.