“Fantastic Place to stay for Residency Interviews” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4550 Forest Park Boulevard, Saint Louis, MO 63110   |
Special Rate
Free Parking Call Direct
Ranked #28 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
“Fantastic Place to stay for Residency Interviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Parkway the evening before my interview at Wash U. The department I was interviewing with paid for my room, so I really cannot comment on the value.

The hotel has an excellent location, in the Central West End of St. Louis, adjacent to the beautiful Forest Park. The hotel is connected by skybridge to Barnes-Jewish Hospital, which is connected to St. Louis Children's Hospital.

My room was excellent: spacious, clean, comfortable bed with ample pillows, and a nice bathroom. The hotel staff was very pleasant, and helpful. Everyday at 5 pm the hotel serves delicious cookies in the lobby (definately get one!).

Overall it was an excellent stay, I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Once again The Parkway Hotel shows their superior service after our recent stay! Not only did we again enjoy the complimentary popcorn, fresh baked cookies, and breakfast buffet, but were treated like part of the family!! After a 3 day stay for medical reasons, I unfortunately forgot my pillow that travels with me. Upon returning home and discovering my mistake, I called the hotel and was quickly transferred to the security office that handles lost and found. They did indeed have my pillow and when I asked if they could ship it to me, they informed me it would be their pleasure. When I tried to give them a credit card number to pay for the shipping, I was told there would be no charge! I received my pillow by FedEx in only 2 days!! The Parkway Hotel goes above and beyond what I consider regular service and I won't stay any where else on our next trip to St. Louis!!!

Room Tip: If you prefer a room with a view of the street activity, ask for the north side. If you want a more...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
parkway2, Director of Sales at The Parkway Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello to you in Joplin MO.
Thank you for taking the time to review the Parkway Hotel.
Not charging people for items left behind is one of the many wonderful things we do for our guests at the Parkway Hotel. We all forget things now and again and we will be happy to get your pillows, very loved stuffed animals, important phone charges and that favorite blouse back to you at no charge.
We hope that during your next trip to St. Louis and the Parkway Hotel you can forgo the Hospital and just get to enjoy all of the things the Parkway Hotel has to offer and all of the places our complimentary shuttle can take you for a fun and exciting day.
Have a safe winter and we look forward to having you visit our Parkway family soon.
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel was in a great area near local train transportation that takes you to main part of the city. Always very friendly (awesome hot cookies in the evening too, get there early! Nice touch folks!) staff and clean hotel and room. Anything we needed we asked and it was promptly attended to. The complimentary breakfast was better then most that I have seen. Has an Applebee's restaurant in the hotel, great service too! Once again, thanks to the staff for making our stay awesome!

Room Tip: We had a room next to the parkade, its good that we were only there for a convention, ask for a room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello Sarbeau in Canada: thank you for your review :O) I agree, our complimentary fresh baked cookies are AWESOME! Guests that have stayed with us in the past, begin waiting in our lobby at 5:30PM to catch the first batch of cookies that come out of the oven for the evening. They are indeed one of the many things our guests love to talk about.
Our hotel management and staff loves talking about what we can do to always take care of all of our hotel guests by giving them a relaxing stay and the comforts of home atmosphere.

Keep us in mind when you make your way back to St. Louis and feel free to bring your family and friends (it won't hurt our feelings)
Thanks again for taking the time to review our Hotel. Stay warm and safe travels.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We visited St. Louis for the parents' weekend last October. Due to Hurricane Sandy, we had to cut short our stay by one day. Since we prepaid for all three nights through an online intermediate, we asked for a refund when we returned to New York. However, the hotel insisted that we stayed all three nights and that we had no checkout receipt even though we produced boarding passses to prove the date of departure. We never had this sort of experience staying with the national chains. By the way the free breakfast was horrible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello W.C. and thank you for your review... time has sure flown by since you were here in October 2012.
What everyone should know when making a reservation through a Travel site, rather than calling the hotels directly is the fact that you are "their" customer. you make your reservation with the travel site, your confirmation is from the travel site, and you supply payment to the travel site, not the hotel. Therefore, when needing a receipt, the hotel would not have this, all of your transactions were with the third party. You need to contact them. After your conversation with them, and in your case, it had to do with not staying your third night, the third party then contacts hotel to discuss.
In your case, due to the fact that we read the computer programed lock to the guestroom doors, it showed that you stayed 3 nights. Possibly you did not stop at the front desk to let us know you were checking out early. Rule of thumb for everyone out there, If you depart before hotel is expecting you to, you must go to the desk and physically check out. If you do not do this, we assume you are still in your room, we would have no idea that you have left. When the third party calls the hotel with issues such as this, after it is investigated with lock interrogation , we will agree with the 3rd party to give refund and it comes from them not the Hotel, once again, the transaction was not made with Hotel.

On the breakfast topic, we actually get awesome reviews on our complimentary breakfast, not only on line but on our comment cards that fill our basket daily. one negative breakfast comment out of hundreds of thumbs up isn't too bad. We have all the basic items that the chain hotels have and so much more!

Stay safe this winter and enjoy your future travels.
Carterville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have to come to St. Louis every 6 weeks to visit Barnes Hospital, and The Parkway Hotel is the only place we will stay. Every time we stay there we are treated like family. The entire staff is friendly and courteous. The rooms are clean, and I can't think of a better place to stay. I really love how the hotel has coffee and assorted teas for the guests. The chocolate chip cookies that are offered in the evening are phenomenal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and the staff is wonderful. The front desk, management, housekeeping, bell staff, shuttle drivers all greet you with a smile and treat you like family. The rooms are comfortable. I prefer the upper floors. The breakfast buffet in the morning is tasty and free! I have received better service at this hotel than I have received at a 5 star resort. I like the convenience of the Applebee's and the chocolate chip cookies and popcorn at night. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The shuttle will take you to the zoo or anywhere near the hotel. I've taken the metro to see a Cards game. Overall the Parkway Hotel is wonderful and a great value. Even though we visit St. Louis for medical reasons, it is nice to know that the staff cares about our stay. I am looking forward to our next stay at the Parkway Hotel this summer!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
parkway2, Front Office Manager at The Parkway Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the Parkway Hotel. So happy that you had gotten to enjoy all of our delicious and complimentary goodies. The managers do take pride in the wonderful customer service skills. of our staff. They honestly do enjoy taking the time to talk to our guests and making them feel like family. Our staff is like a little family and we enjoy all of the visitors that stay in our home. :O)
The Metro link is definetly the way to go to quickly get to downtown (and many other locations) to cheer on the Cards to avoid paying for high priced downtown parking .
Thank you for selecting the Parkway Hotel and we look forward to having YOUR family visit OUR family again.
Bedford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was our second stay at The Parkway Hotel. My daughter had surgery at the adjoining hospital, and you couldn't put a price on the convenience of being able to walk back and forth between the hospital and the hotel via covered walkways. It helped me keep my sanity to be able to go back to the room for a shower or snack without having to drive or take a shuttle!

The staff is incredibly understanding of guests who are at the hotel for medical reasons, and they couldn't have been more accommodating. I would recommend The Parkway for anyone needing treatment at the medical facilities without hesitation.

Our room was nice, and we loved the convenience of the microwave and mini fridge. We used the hotel shuttle to go to Walmart and stock up on drinks and snacks for our nine day stay. The only negative to our room was that the bathroom was showing some wear and tear. The shower rod was starting to fall off as was the one towel rack that was located in the shower. It only took one phone call, however, and these items were fixed the same day. More towel bars would be useful.

Housekeeping for our room was exceptional. I was surprised to see that the hallways were not kept very clean. There were piles of food crumbs outside our door that stayed there for several days. We did not witness this on our previous stay so I think this had something to do with the timing of our visit as our stay encompassed New Year's Eve and the preceding weekend.

I will definitely stay at The Parkway if my daughter requires follow-up visits.

Room Tip: The hotel is between a busy street and a parking garage. We prefer the parking garage so that there...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Parkway Hotel? Share your experiences!