“Great as Always” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 2,565 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great as Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We love this small, neighborhood restaurant in the city. The service is always superb and the food comes out hot and quickly. I had their house cassoulet which was full of duck confit and tasty sausages. My wife had the duck breast which was perfect and presented nicely. Our friends had the Mahi Mahi special which they enjoyed. Our server suggested a nice cab and we all liked it. I also had one of their house Manhattans - great. Maybe we'll go back tonight.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Delicious dining in an intimate setting, perfect experience !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Came to St Louis on a special anniversary trip and wanted to find a special place to dine that was not overpriced and had a great menu and boy did we find it ! This little jewel is tucked away in a quaint little neighborhood, has an intimate atmosphere and terrific food and service.I chose the fish special which was a pan seared walleye,cooked to perfection with a delicious sauce and my husband chose the steak and fries, simple but expertly cooked.For dessert I tried their butterscotch pudding which was utterly amazing! If I could have it shipped to me once a week, I would it is that good.The service was not rushed, they appeared exactly when needed and did not hover.All in all it was the perfect end to a perfect day and would return again anytime !

• Visited November 2012
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Saturday Evening Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had 8:30 supper at Atlas. Food and service were terrific. I had the pork tenderloins ... absolutely enough for two meals ... took half home. My wife and one friend had the lamb shank over risotto. And another friend had the fish of the day - Walleye. All were great. And a super bread pudding for dessert to share.

• Visited November 2012
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Great food, intimate setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The food never lets me down at this quaint, out-of-the-way restaurant. Had visitors in town from Washington, DC and they loved it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Above average quality BUT above average prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The atmosphere is very New Yorkish with an open kitchen and an open seating area that is a bit on the small side. The service was prompt and patient...they did not push you along so they could turn the table quickly. Menu has something for everyone, but is not overly broad on options. We had cocktails and appetizers first, then ordered our salad and main course later. The Atlas Manhattan was well worth the $9.00 price. I ordered the fish special, which was seabass with a nice sauce and caper topping. The sauce was excellent but the quality of the seabass was just average; a little tough, not light and flakey like I have had it at other restaurants. Overall it was a good dining experience, but I would not rush back next weekend.

• Visited October 2012