On recent occasions, I've needed a place for lunch with a business colleague, then dinner with friends, then lunch the next day with other business colleagues. I go here about once a week.
Things that matter to me, and how Wasabi stacks up:
- Street parking is available. At night there is valet parking from the restaurant next door ($5). And even if you get a parking ticket ($10) from an expired meter, you can pay online quickly and easily.
- Small and charming. Not pretentious at all, as some other sushi places are becoming (e.g., the Drunken Fish -- not that there is anything wrong with that, just a different dining experience).
- Patio outdoor seating is available. Good to get outdoors and watch people if you want. Not a lot of seats outside.
- Food, Appetizers. Excellent selection. Edamame, gyoza (dumplings), shrimp tempura all great.
- Food, Main Dishes, Rolls. Excellent selection for every type of person. Cooked and non-cooked rolls. I've taken people here "who are not sushi eaters" and they lefted converted. And the serving boats are a nice touch too -- an interesting way to serve the rolls.
- Service. Great servers. Best waitors/waitresses in St. Louis, and I eat out in St. Louis a lot.
- Dessert. There is a very strange dessert, that I'd suggest you try. I don't know the name of it, but it's a kind of red bean ice cream. Yes, I know the name sounds off-putting. Give it a try.
Overall, the only place I'd go in St. Louis for sushi. And I return every week to this place.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.