“Steak that tasted and cut like shoe leather” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Dining on a budget
St. Louis, MO
“Steak that tasted and cut like shoe leather”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went there for my birthday. What a disappointment. Steak was so dry and burnt it was inedible. Hamburger was just average.

Lancaster, California
“Bland Steak and Service, Sorry!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

*Re-post*.. previously posted on the wrong Tuckers Place location*

Just let me start by saying when we walked in this place, we did not feel welcomed. We should have known we were in for it when we overheard the owner/manager's conversation with a waiter about how busy they were and if they needed help, he would help. To start, we were sat in a corner and waited long periods of time for service from our waiter (whom we would later learn, lacked experience in customer service).

To start we ordered the lemon pepper chicken wings appetizers, they were sweet ??? huh(when did lemon pepper become sweet) and not cooked thoroughly, there were pink juices in the plate after I took a bite. When the waiter finally returned he did ask if we liked the appetizer, we both said that we didn't like it, but in a nice way. The waiter said nothing, but just picked up saucers and walked away... awkward.

He returned, when ordering our food, we noticed how confusing the menu was, most the of the meals were only served on certain days, not the day we were there. But I saw other tables getting those "only served on other days" items. Never was it explained to us that we could order those items, but no worries, I wanted the steak anyhow. I ordered the rib eye special, medium well. I kindly asked the waiter if the cook uses seasoning on the steaks, he responded, " I'm not the cook so I don't know, but I mean I could ask." I was offended, but tried not to show it.... I responded, okay ( i just wanted to ask for more of it) ... it was the last I would hear of it, he never inquired. Next, he returned with the steak, it was tender in a couple of spots, most of it was not. It seemed to be overcooked/well on one side and medium well on the other and my salad was watery at the base.

Oh yes, I must mention this.... there was a large party just to right of us.... seems someone was celebrating a birthday. The owner/manager that I mentioned earlier... he personally helped wait this table,,, and was very talkative and friendly with them, smiling and even gave them a drink on the house-with celebration in fact, very warm, kind and nice... "TO THEM". But he never, never, never even looked our way.. not a smile, a nod, hello, how are you folks, not so much of a look ... and we were right there next to them. See my fellow Tripadvisorians, I understand being busy and all.. I do..... but getting totally ignored.. now that's harsh. We're spending our money too, not as much as they did, but come on .. just look our way and smile or something!

Well, there was a highlight of this visit. It was a couple of bus boy like guys (this is the only way I know how explain who these people were) ..you know the people that only bring the drinks and clean the tables? ... okay, they were fantastic ... kept our glasses full and keep asking if we were okay..we tried to ask them questions since they were the only ones paying us any attention but they'd say, I'm sorry I don't know, ask your waiter :)

But overall, not a good experience. PROS: excellent, excellent bus boy guys
CONS: bland steak, bad customer service

Maybe the Soulard Tuckers (I think its near down town) is a bit better, after accidently posting this review with them.. the GM responded right way... very concerned, I think he knew this could not be his location....I'll try the Soulard location next time.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, Maryland
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Food was ok but nothing special. I am not a fan of their house seasoning for steaks, but I guess many are.

Visited July 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dined here with some friends, to be fair to the restaurant I'm not a steak person, ordered some chicken--it's nothing special, it's some dish anyone can cook at home and the salad is wilted greens, not crunchy as it should. I rate it average since we didn't have to wait long for our order & the staff''s decent just happy to serve.

Visited December 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Children are not welcome.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I wanted a great steak and a friend said to go to Tucker's Place. I took my 6 1/2 month old baby girl with me and wanted a fun night out with a girlfriend since our husbands were at work. I asked for a highchair or sling for her car seat and they stated that they don't have any (which is fine I put her seat on our table). I ordered my food and it was under cooked and asked to have it cooked more and it seemed to be an issue. Still not that bad of a time. The issue was when I needed to change my baby they stated that they do not have changing areas in any of the restrooms. They put 2 chairs together in a hallway by the restrooms and said that was all they could do. People eating and others walking passed me could see me changing my baby girl. I was so upset that I did not have any privacy for my daughter. People did not pay to see me change my baby. When I calmed down and called the next day and talked to the manager that's when I hit the fan. He stated that they don't want kids there and they will not get seats for them nor will they get changing stations. He stated if they did that people would stop coming because they would have to raise the prices of their "cheap steaks" to pay for the cost and it would look like McDonald's and that's not what they want there. I asked are kids not really welcome there and he stated that this is a restaurant for adults to come and have drinks and cheap steak and there is nothing that he could do. Thank you for letting me know that KIDS ARE NOT WELCOME!!!

• Visited June 2012