“France in St. Louis” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Central
Longboat Key, Florida
“France in St. Louis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

If the waiters spoke French you'd think you are in Paris. The menu is classical French fare, expertly prepared and served. Prices are St. Louis, not Paris. Great place for lunch or dinner, with and/or without kids. The trout is superb!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

52% Recommend
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

Hands down one of the best French restaurants you can go to. As far as French goes, this is a great place for a good price. That does not mean it's cheap, but it's a deal compared to Chicago. The escargot is the second best I've had and I travel worldwide. I can't say enough good things about Chez Leon!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Louis, MO
“Sorry to say it's gone down hill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I've eaten a few times and the last time will be my last. It's supposed to be a pretty classy place but when the owner drips the red wine he's pouring all over the white table cloth, my paper menu and bread plate and doesn't apologize or get me replacements.. really?? We were totally ignored by the bread guy even tho we flagged him down 3 times. I ordered a souffle and when dinner came out, our waiter tried hard to convince me to change my mind to a different dessert.. I'm thinking he forgot to put the order in. The food was tasty but small portions for what you pay. I won't go back due to the poor service, I expect more with these prices, even with the fixe pix menu.

Liege
“Ideal for a celebration of some sort.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The restaurant is relatively quiet, a bit somber with its black walls, but it is perfect for a celebration of some sort. The menu is very French oriented. We had sweetbreads that were outstanding, followed by an unusual sauerkraut. A small minus point for rather dry smoked pork. One regret the wine list typically starts at $40.00 which is steep for a bottle of wine. The restaurant should offer a house wine in the $25-30 price range.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Dreaming of Almond cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012 via mobile

I admit that I generally plan my selections from a menu based upon the dessert that will complete my meal but last night I was completely taken by surprise when I savored my first bite of the delicious, anassuming almond cake paired with a dense, smooth French vanilla ice cream! Alas, I could not consume it all as the meal beginning with shrimp in bacon cream sauce had left me profoundly stuffed. Thankfully Jared tightly wrapped the crisp on the outside, tender and rich inside cake as I awoke this AM thinking of nothing but that cake for breakfast- I was not disappointed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere