“Wonderful Italian Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #327 of 2,546 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: The philosophy of Bartolino's Family of Restaurants is to provide a dining experience that welcomes each guest to be part of our family. Carrying on the tradition set forth by our mother and father, our motto is: Cook good food and give plenty. Basta! (Enough said). Our guests will always be welcome in a warm and comfortable atmosphere. Bartolino's South and Bartolino's Osteria serve traditional Italian dishes, as well as fresh seafood and choice cuts of meat.Bartolino's South and Bartolino's Osteria share the same great menus for lunch and dinner, banquet and catering and our at-home menu. The Osteria features a special lounge menu with live entertainment in the bar. Both restaurants offer outstanding banquet facilities for any event. View menus, hours and more information for Bartolino's South or Bartolino's Osteria and Chris' Pancake & Dining.Bartolino's Family of Restaurants invites you to be a part of our traditions, where outstanding Italian food and drink served in a warm and friendly atmosphere is our priority.
St. Louis, MO
“Wonderful Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We took my sister and brother-in-law here for the first time to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary. The service was exceptional, and all of us enjoyed our meals. Had I known the serving sizes, I would not have ordered the house salad - which was excellent, by the way. I had three more meals from my leftovers!

Visited March 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Splendid Spumoni”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Best Spumoni Ever! Dinner was very good also, but can't get over the house made Spumoni. Returned the next night for a take out second dish it was so memorable.

Visited February 2013
Sparta
“Great dining with friends.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Met up with friends after a show at the Fox. Our table was ready and our server, Larry, was very attentive. We all ordered something different and there no complaints other than we were stuffed and had boxes for take home. Scallop risotto was perfect for a cold wintery evening.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“First and last time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are staying at the adjoining Drury Inn and deciding to dine in this evening. The appearance of the restaurant was great, however the service was less than horrible. Our waiter was rude and made us feel extremely uncomfortable, possibly because we weren't dressed like a million dollars, I'm not sure. After ten minutes of him starring at us he finally came and took our drink order. When he returned with our drinks we ordered the combination appetizer platter, he got silent and then said, " well thats actually for four people, maybe you should order the mushrooms, they are good". Why would he say that? Did he think we didn't have money to pay? I'm not sure, but I was very taken back by the comment, I didn't realize that it was a waiters position to encourage customers to purchase something less expensive that they didn't want. I ordered the manicotti and my husband ordered the medallions with crab meat. After 40 minutes my manicotti was cold when it was brought to me and my husband steak with crab was extremely small, his baked potato was so cold the butter would not even melt. We didn't eat our meals and since our waiter never come to check on us I ask another waitress to ask him to bring the check. He came to the table gave us the check took our plates and didn't ask one time how our dinner was despite taking both of our full plates away. I have been a RN for twelve years and my husband builds heavy highways. We make a comfortable living and yet I felt as though we were in a bad episode of pretty woman. Needless to say we won't be returning. Thank you, very disappointed customer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“A nice place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've been to Bartolino's several times because I stay at the adjoining Drury Inn and Suites on Sulphur Avenue when I visit St. Louis. I enjoy it; it's good; I'll go back again without hesitation.

First, the bad: there is absolutely no connection with the hotel. You can get room service from Bartolino's, but expect to pay cash or credit card. You can't put it on your hotel bill. In fact, whether you eat in or have room service, you can't put it on your bill. Just know this going in, so you won't be surprised or disappointed.

And the rest is generally good. The "back" entrance to the restaurant is at the front entrance of the hotel. It's an odd way into a fairly sizable restaurant, but there you have it. Don't just wait at the back door, as you're liable to go unnoticed and, therefore, unseated.

Once you're seated, the attention is good -- not immediate, but prompt. That's my experience with the service at all times: prompt.

Orders take just the right amount of time to prepare. It never has seemed to me as though I'm waiting interminably long. Appetizers arrive in good time, and the main course is always piping hot.

The risotto is a signature dish, but the salmon is also quite good. I've had the toasted ravioli (a St. Louis signature), the escargot (quite yummy!), and the stuffed mushroom caps (hearty) as appetizers; all were tasty.

The last time I visited, there was a singer deeper inside the restaurant; I never saw him, but I could hear him. (It wasn't overly loud from where I was sitting.) Let's just say he was OK. His repertoire was wide -- 70s and 80s covers -- and he must have had either a karaoke machine or, if he was at the piano, pre-recorded backup tracks. I'm tolerant of musicians because they face a lot of hardships in places like this, but this guy was not the reason you should go to Bartolino's.

In all, this is a nice place to relax and enjoy a pretty good meal. The prices are decent, the food is good, the service is prompt. Enjoy! Mangia!

• Visited January 2013