“Some of the finest on the hill” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Favazza's

Favazza's
5201 Southwest Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63139-1444 (The Hill)
314-772-4454
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: The Hill
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Some of the finest on the hill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is great if you're looking for good old fashioned italian on the hill. Great service and food!

Visited August 2013

Edwardsville, Illinois
“Tasty Food, Fun Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We visited Favazza's on the hill for the first time last night and overall had a great experience. The service was great. My husband ordered one of their daily specials, sirloin tips, and loved it. My fettuccine alfredo was spectacular and the garlic bread they served before dinner was also delicious. The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because I wasn't thrilled with their toasted ravioli that we ate as an appetizer - not the best I've ever had (and I've had a lot). We sat on the heated patio and even on a chilly October evening, it was comfortable, although a bit loud. This seems like it would be a great place for a larger family or friends gathering, as there were many large tables for accommodating larger groups. One of the best things about this restaurant? Off-street parking not too far from the restaurant!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's like familia!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The food is delicious and generous. It's like eating in someone's home. The house salad is the best I had in any restaurant, ever. Appetizer calamari was crisp and hot. The veal piccata was tasty, the sauce just slightly too thick. Lasagna very good. The only restaurant that serves garlic bread without a charge! Good service. What's not to like???

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Favazza's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were invited to a wedding at Favazza's on the Hill. I am allergic to garlic-- kind of a problem in an Italian restaurant. I was so worried about what I could eat, so I called and talked to John. He told me he would make me my own plate and just let them know where I was sitting when I came in. I did not want to make a big deal about it and he assured me that they do this all of the time. When my table went up to the buffet, a waiter came over and set a plate in front of me and even my own salad. Noone even knew I was eating anything different than they were.
I was very impressed with the way this was handled and we will continue to come here for dinner.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Overland Park, KS
“Fabulous Italian food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Loved this place! The food was heavenly -- from salad, to soup to entrees! The staff was wonderful, courteous, helpful and the wine was perfectly paired. I know garlic bread should be easy to make but gosh do they make the best bread I've ever tasted!

Really great and can't wait to take my husband there. He'll love the food and ambiance!

• Visited September 2013