“Night out.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of John D. McGurk's Irish Pub

John D. McGurk's Irish Pub
1200 Russell Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63104-3944 (Soulard)
314-776-8309
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 2,590 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soulard
Lerna, IL
“Night out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is the 2nd visit to McGurks and the hubby & I were not disappointed.
This is a very comfortable bar/dinner type atmosphere and the staff are very friendly.
We both shared the bacon wrapped shrimp with grits appetizer which were delicious although I probably would have had the BBQ sauce on the side. I had a salad with chicken which was wonderful and my husband had the corned beef and cabbage. It was delicious and almost as good as our homemade. We will return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Real Irish music and stew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

old, old, old but also fun and new outside in the courtyard. I love it for the authentic Irish music--real whiskey in the jar kind of music and the food is totally adequate.

Visited September 2012
La Grange, Texas
“Authentic Irish Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We went to this pub hoping to grab some good Irish food and perhaps music. The Shepherds pie was good as well as the fish and chips. The chips are house made and very good. Service was great, just the right amount of attention to our table.
Seemed like everyone was having a good time, even though there would be no music at least until much later. A baseball game was going on (playoff) and that would take the place of the music.
Seems like a place we would return if we return to St. Louis.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atoka, Tennessee
“YUM YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had never been to John McGurk's at 1200 Russell before and hoped for the best. Boy did I get it. When I walked in, they said they were going to seat us outside. I thought, "Whats the deal? I want the pub experience!" We walked outside and were astonished. A waterfall Koi Pond, unbelieveable lighting around a garden path. Different level seating and more.
they had a large variety of beers and Irish food. I had the standard fish and chips. Oh my lord it was good. I was with a group and everyone RAVED about this restaurant. The romance, the food, the Whiskey Bread pudding! If you go to St. Louis and miss this restaurant, SHAME ON YOU! You will have missed a dining experience! I will return to St. Louis just to eat here. Well done McGurks Pub!

Visited October 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A wonderful Irish birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My cousin's family took me to McGurk's to celebrate my most recent birthday. I enjoyed a bowl of beef stew and finished off my meal toasting with one of the best Irish coffees ever. I have been a patron for many years and most enjoy the Irish music. That is the best! Shlante;!

Visited August 2012