“Great Place at Great Prices” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 2,524 restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Mexican, Californian, Bar, cuisine.name.191
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Servin' up Mexi-Cali street food, craft cocktails and local beer in the Delmar Loop.
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Place at Great Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Duck Tacos, Cactus tacos, etc at very reasonable prices. Good selection of craft brews on draft with a nice atmosphere on the loop. Would highly recommend. The corn tortillas are made fresh daily and are a nice wrap. My only wish would be they double wrap the tacos. They are building an Washington University apartment complex across the street which makes parking a little more difficult.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
“Great atmosphere but mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I was really pleased with the dim lighting and superb 'date-night' feel to this place. My boyfriend and I ordered queso dip and chips, I got the house margarita and he got a beer. Everything from the apps to the drinks to the main dishes sounded amazing to my palate. I couldn't stop reading about everything that was in them- salsa in the margarita, arugula in the tacos. But when it came down to it, everything was very bland. My margarita was weak and had nothing special to it and had more ice than drink it seemed after a few sips. I'll pay $8 for a margarita, but if you tell me it has salsa in it I expect it to wow me--or at least get me tipsy enough to think I'm wowed...

The queso was good, but nothing to remember. I can't remember all the specific names of the tacos, but we got duck,steak, beef, fried fish and cacti. Again, even with a few drinks in us (I switched to beer) and excitement over cactus and goat cheese spiking our tacos, nothing really stood out. I've never had duck before and I couldn't tell the difference between that and the pork that it was mixed with. The best for me was the steak tacos, and the fish tacos weren't too bad either.

Service was ok, our waiter was really cool and extremely honest. He left us alone for a good half hour and explained he didn't really know how to work computers and messed up an order pretty bad. He said he didn't know anything about the beer because he only drank Busch, but he'd tried it all and it was all good. Aside from being left alone for a while which we only really noticed when we wanted Churros and then to pay, he was great.

Overall, I'd say go for the experience, throw back a few beers and enjoy the unique set up- just don't set your taste buds expectations too high.

Visited May 2013
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Super!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I saw a favorable critic's review of Mission and put it on my list to try out. Wow, what a great place to explore and stretch the limits of tacos!

I had the beef, duck, carnita and fried fish tacos. All were my favorite. Service was very friendly and good.

Very good selection of beers also.

You have to try this "Joint" out...located in the eclectic Delmar Loop.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Cool place, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

In short, the place a good vibe, good food, only an OK drink selection. (They were out of the first 2 beers I asked for off of an already short list.) I would suggest the crab taquitos and any of the tacos but pass on the quinoa side dish. I will be visiting again soon!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Danvers, Illinois
“Mission Accomplished!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stopped by this place for lunch while we were exploring the Delmar Loop. We ordered several different tacos a la carte which was a fun way to try the many different flavors they had to offer. The made to order guacamole was wonderfully fresh and topped with a little pico de gallo and cheese and was served up with hot chips. Good vegetarian options including my favorite which was the Nopales (roasted cactus, poblano, caramelized onion, goat cheese, roasted jalapeno salsa). So so SOO delicious!

Excellent service and a fun place to hang out!