“Sugarfire is a sure-fire choice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 2,590 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Eclectic
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Come on in a try some of the best BBQ in St. Louis!
Maryville, Illinois
“Sugarfire is a sure-fire choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I know a lot of people think Pappy's and Bogart's is the best BBQ in the area and I disagree. I tried Sugarfire for the first time last week and it is now my favorite BBQ place. It's more of a southern BBQ with some twists. I tried the Carolina with the beef brisket. The beef brisket was one of the best briskets I have ever had. The mustard BBQ sauce was yummy and went great with the coleslaw they top the meat with. The portion is very generous. The baked beans were a little different than "normal" kind. I really liked them. The pork belly hush puppies with jalapeno jelly is a must try. I would eat a ton of them. I also had the purple cow...which I don't think many places offer. To order it's like a cafeteria. You order the food at the counter and they hand it to you on a baking pan with butcher block paper...then you move down to order drinks and pay. It's as messy as BBQ should be and they have rolls of paper towels on the tables.Give Sugarfire a try...I am sure you will find it yummy too!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mike J, Owner at Sugarfire Smoke House, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
One of the best briskets you've ever had? I can't think of a better compliment than that! I'm pumped to know those Pork Belly Hush Puppies hit the spot, too -- they're one of my personal favorites. Thanks so much for taking the time to let other reviewers know what we're all about. It means a lot to have made it to the top of your list for local BBQ -- there's plenty to choose from! Can't wait to welcome you back at our table before too long.

Cheers,

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Best Brisket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Was visiting family in St. Louis in April and decided to take out from Sugarfire Smokehouse. The smell alone as we walked up to the restaurant was unbelievable. We had a large order and some got the brisket sandwich while others ordered chicken and a veggie burger. The first bite of the brisket was truly mouthwatering. I said immediately I had to go back at least one more time before I left. The hamburger I was told was fabulous. Our vegan family member was satisfied with the veggie burger. We had a variety of sides from coke slaw to French fries and we're very pleased with our meals. The second visit was just as good. Wish they'd open one in West Palm Beach Florida.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mike J, Owner at Sugarfire Smoke House, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Nothing quite compares to the smell of BBQ, so I am stoked that you were able to experience the great scents -- and more importantly -- the tastes of some brisket when you were in town. And two meals at our place in one trip?! That's awesome.

If we ever set up shop in Florida, we'll let ya know, but for now you'll just have to meet us in Saint Louis.

'Til next time,
Columbia, Missouri
“Good above average bbq”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Ive tried a few things here and its been a bit hit and miss. The pulled pork is just average in my book and the brisket just slightly above average. Where they excel is in their turkey which is a bit unusual for a BBQ joint. However, if you love turkey this is the place for you.

The lines can get long and IMO it is not worth waiting half an hour or more for. However, if you can get through the line in 15 or less definitely stop in.

They have daily specials which are usually very good. Check in before visting to see what they have that day.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mike J, Owner at Sugarfire Smoke House, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thanks for spreading the word about our turkey, Andrew. When people think about BBQ, turkey usually doesn't come to mind first, so we're happy that you're making sure it gets some respect. This town sure loves some BBQ, so we tend to get busy around the traditional meal times, but we're always working on ways to keep the wait times down and the line moving. Thanks again for your feedback and hope to see you around!

All the best,
Clayton, MO USA
“Best Smoked Meat in St. Louis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Best smoked / BBQ meat in St. Louis. Save room for an adult shake! Get there early because there is usually a line for lunch or dinner.

Visited May 2014
Mike J, Owner at Sugarfire Smoke House, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
You're our kind of guy, John! Thanks for spreading the word about those milkshakes -- a meal just isn't complete without one.

Hope to see you around,
Hutchinson, Kansas
“Great barbeque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The barbeque was as good as advertised on BBQ Pitmasters, but come early because they tend to run out of some items. Be prepared to stand in line and seating is limited. Some of the food items are priced a little high.

Visited May 2014
Mike J, Owner at Sugarfire Smoke House, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thanks for making it down, Pat! The Pitmasters spot we had was great -- glad we lived up to our billing! Sorry you felt a few of the food items were priced a little high, but getting high quality meats means it costs us a little more to make, so we price everything as fairly as we can. Looking forward to seeing you back in soon!

Cheers,