“If we're on the Hill, we gotta stop at Shaw Coffee” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Description: On "The Hill" in St. Louis
Description: On "The Hill" in St. Louis
Quincy, Illinois
“If we're on the Hill, we gotta stop at Shaw Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just about every time we go to the Hill, we have to hit Shaw Coffee. We took friends there just last week. My wife and I usually have lattes; theirs are great. This time, I just wanted brewed, and it was one of the best I've had in a long time. One of our friends had a mocha, and he was all smiles. This is a great local place for coffee. They even do their own roasting. That smels divine on a cold winter day.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Florissant, Missouri, United States
“Great for a first date!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The coffee was exceptional, the service very good, but no words to describe the wonderful atmosphere! Very charming, not like the popular chains. Check out the photos online. The vault is so cute, with a single small low table and four big comfy armchairs. One wall of the vault is a floor to ceiling mirror, the other covered with a relaxing wallpaper. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, especially for a first date. Your date will walk away thinking you've got great taste! Next time I go, I plan to buy freshly roasted coffee beans to take home. Don't make my mistake, take extra money to buy more coffee!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“You can sit in the vault if you want..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a nice place on the Hill to go for coffee and the atmosphere is relaxed. it has a vault that has chairs. just
something to make the place unique. we like to visit our local places..come visit the City...St Louis isn't just the Arch...

Visited January 2013