My wife and I stayed here the first three nights in October to watch the Cardinals play the Reds in the season ending series in which they clinched the wild card spot in the MLB playoffs. It is about 6 or 7 blocks to the ballpark but it was an easy walk and we felt safe as we returned from each nights game. It I had known the Rams played in the Thursday night NFL game we would have stayed another night and gone to the game.
The Hampton is in a convenient location to get on the Interstate and to access downtown. Parking is plentiful and was reasonably priced. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for restaurants. There is a large breakfast area in the basement. It contained a good selection of items for breakfast although my wife made waffles for us each morning with cinnamon sugar, walnuts and dried cranberries added.
Next to the Westin which is a half block away from the ballpark, this was an excellent place to stay in downtown St. Louis. The rates are much better here at the Hampton than the Westin. We will probably be returning here on our once yearly trip to St. Louis for some Cardinal games and Italian food on The HIll. We also like to stop at Trader Joe's where we stock up on unique food items and their selection of coffees.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown At The Gateway Arch Hotel
- Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown At The Gateway Arch Hotel Saint Louis
- Hampton Inn Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our modern, award winning Hampton Inn hotel is located in the heart of downtown St. Louis, just one block from the Edward Jones Dome, one block from Laclede’s Landing and three blocks from the historical Mississippi Riverfront. Our guests can enjoy a wide variety of restaurants, nightclubs, and historical sites all within walking distance. The famous St. Louis Gateway Arch and the new downtown casino are just steps away! Access to all major interstates is just blocks from our entrance. Busch Stadium, Home of the St. Louis Cardinals is only a short walk, or a quick trip on the Metro Link.The Metro link, St. Louis’ light rail transit system is only 2 blocks away, allowing our guests a short ride to and from the airport, as well as all key destinations in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Otel, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.