You added Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch to your Saves list
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Washington Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63102 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Kentucky
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a great hotel! It's within walking distance of the arch and Edward Jones Dome along with shopping and restaurants. The downtown area is a lot of fun. The service and hotel bar were also very nice.

Room Tip: Get an arch view room, it's totally worth it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I am a Hilton Diamond member for years and have never written a review but wanted to this time.

Reception staff were great and demonstrated professional attention and gracious hospitality.

Cece was very friendly and Portlan was GREAT with his attitude, professionalism and customer service was very high (STAR).

Hotel is clean and surrounded with lots to do.

Room Tip: view over interstate and water is nice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hugo, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel was outstanding from the moment we walked into the door. The reception people were happy and eager to please, the decor was inviting and cozy,the breakfast was more than expected, a workout room and a pool area, the room had everything one could need. It had a desk, mini fridge, flat screen tv, the most comfortable bed, and nice decor. We were so lucky to have a room with a full view of the arch. I booked this room about 3 months ago and asked for a view. Also, the staff had to call me a taxi to take me to the ER and the receptionist told the taxi driver where to take me. I thank her for doing that for me and taking control of the situation. I have traveled extensively(40 countries, over 250 cities in 6 continents) I definitely know a good place and this place was flawless!

Room Tip: Any room facing the arch. We had room 1708
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel had great customer service from check in to check out and even upgraded us to an arch view room for free! The parking is only $12/night and it is very very secure, covered parking which is nice if the weather isn't cooperating. It is close to the convention center metro line, it's right next to the football stadium, and it is walking distance to the arch. It has a fun pub attached and a lot of restaurants in the area. The breakfast is great -- oatmeal, eggs, sausage, and seasoned potatoes on top of all of the typical continental breakfast items. I will say that, as someone who travels to a lot of large cities, St. Louis is NOT a walkable city. It is easy to walk around but it does not feel safe outside of the immediate area around the hotel & arch. Also, even riding the metro late didn't feel comforting except for the seeing security stationed at the stops. We had some interesting characters on our short 4 stops and it was a ghost town otherwise. Great hotel but I wouldn't wander too far. I'd stay in this hotel again, I just don't know if we would travel to St. Louis again. Great value for the money.

• Stayed November 2012
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here same time last year and liked it so much we returned. Private, secure indoor parking eliminates worry about the car. Front desk staff friendly and helpful and treated us like VIPs. Our room was very comfortable. The curved shower curtain in the bathroom was roomier than most and it made the shower feel larger. The style of the vanity gave us lots of room to lay out our "stuff." And finally - the lighting over the sink was great! Lots of it so I could see to put makeup on. Other hotels need to watch and learn when it comes to bathroom lighting. The bed had a sheet and comforter with a duvet. There was a sticky note on the headboard telling us the duvet covers and sheets were clean for our arrival. I assume the sheets are clean, but since more hotels are using duvets...I wonder about them. I think of them as sheets, so it was nice to know this one was clean. The bed was comfortable with good bedside lighting to read. The breakfast buffet that is included is the best I've seen anywhere. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, real oatmeal, fruit, pastires, juice, and coffee. The breakfast area is also the best I've seen. Modern, clean, spacious, with additional private areas available. Newspapers available at no charge to catch up on the news and weather. This hotel has been such a great experience for us that we look for Hampton Inn's now when we travel.

Room Tip: Rooms on one side have a view of the arch that is lit up at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had some issues the last time i was at this hotel and the hotel contacted me regarding my complaints immediately on my return home.The hotel kindly offered me a complimentary visit and upgraded me on my return and even allowed me to park for free.The staff here are as fantastic as always.I left some Rams flags from the NFL game in London England and they were delighted with them.The hotel is always spotlessly clean and has a great pool on the 5th floor with a view of the arch and Mississippi river.The breakfasts are good with a large area to enjoy your morning repast.I think the hotel is perfectly situated to explore St Louis.My family loved it.The hotel has an Irish pub/restaurant attached for convenience which i did not use as being Irish myself the last place i want to visit is an Irish pub when abroad.Many thanks to the hotel who really care about there customers.I will definitely be back i might add if you are in the area and like BBQ Pappys Smokehouse is the place to go

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed hear on 11-2/11-5 and had the best experience ever. Rooms were very nice and clean modern. The view to the arch was amazing! Lobby is warm and welcoming. Superb service and they even have fresh cookies baked out for guest. Breakfast was awesome, I got an awesome deal directly from their website and it was def. an under priced with everything we got! Loved, loved, loved it and believe me, I am a picky hotel guest and pick and chose my hotels very wisely. I actually cancelled another hotel just to stay here. One block away from Edwards Dome and one jump over to the arch. Everything is within distance. Would come back and stay here again a million times!!!

Room Tip: Get an arch view room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch? Share your experiences!