“The Ultimate St.Louis Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 South 4th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63102   |
Ranked #8 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Fond Du Lac, WI
“The Ultimate St.Louis Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2007

If you want to book to best hotel in the whole of St. Louis book this one now. Everything is perfect. The Gateway Arch is right outside your window.

• Liked — the awesome view of the Gateway Arch which was right outside our window
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

962 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

We stayed at the Drury Plaza to celebrate our Grandson's 7th birthday. We've stayed in about 10 Drury hotels now in 4 states and this one is now our favorite!!! The hotel is perfect and the downtown location simply can not be topped. We had an Arch view room and just happened to be there the night the power went out at the Arch and all of those people got stuck. Our grandson stayed at the window with binoculars until his little eyes wouldn't focus any longer and he just had to go to bed!!! Definitely an exciting night. We took at buggy ride around the city and rode the Metro to Forest Park. We went to the Live on the Levee celebration on both Friday and Saturday nights. The shows were great but the fireworks were amazing. The second night we took a blanket, laid on the grass beneath the Arch and watched the fireworks from there. Breathtaking is the only word for it. The kids loved it. Our Granddaughter danced until her little legs were too tired to hold her up!!! We took side trips to Grant's Farm and went to see the home of Big Foot Monster Truck. But, the hotel really made the trip great!!! Like I've said many times before you can not beat a Drury!!!!

• Liked — Location and beautifully restored historic features!!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Sapulpa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews on this site. I also cancelled my original reservation at another hotel after reading this. All I can say is I'm glad I did it! The hotel was excellent - they had the NICEST front desk clerks I have ever encountered - everyone was friendly - as you were walking down the hall people that worked there would ask how you were, etc. The room was large (great view of Arch), bathroom was excellent, the entire hotel was exceptionally clean! The breakfast buffet was also amazing - and it was FREE. Will only stay here now in the future when we travel back to St. L!

• Liked — Location, amenities, price, staff!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
South Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

Not familar with Drury hotels before, I had made a cautious reservation for a conference at the Convention Center. AFter my arrival I had realized I had picked a great hotel. The amenities really helped make my stay better.
I really appreciated the "happy hour" in the lobby in the evening. I was travelling alone and just going to the lobby for a drink and some snacks took away the munchies after a long day in seminars. The free hour of long distance made my calls home to my family much less "hurried" than if I had to pay for them.
Also, the use of the internet and printer was great for the confirmation of return trip home.
I had requested a king room and no smoking, which I received. I did ask for a view of the arch, which was not given. My viw out my window was another hall of rooms, so I did not open the drapes during the stay. That was a bit strange not seeing the outside world from the room ,but i got used to it.
Overall, very nice staff. Very personable housekeeping which assisted me with some requests.
Would go again.

• Liked — nice amenities
  • Disliked — the room view
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Niskayuna, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Drury Plaza July 25-27 to attend a Cardinals game and do some St. Louis sightseeing. The Drury is in a great location- you can walk to the ballpark, arch, places to eat, or the light rail stop (next to the ballpark) to get to anything else. We took the train right from the airport to this rail stop-you don't need a car at all to get around.
This hotel was fantastic! Our room was large and very nice. the lobby was gorgeous-lots of small tables scattered about the victorian decor. It was a great setting to enjoy both the terrific breakfast (eggs, pancakes, bagels, fruit, cereal, sausage, etc.) or the complimentary happy hour provided each night. They also offered free soda in the lobby from 3-10 each day.
On top of all of this, the staff was amongst the friendliest and most helpful we have ever encountered, and we have traveled a lot. Everyone went out of their way to be courteous and helpful. This hotel had it all-great location, rooms, staff, and extras. I would definitely stay here the next time we come!

• Liked — location, quality, value, service
  • Disliked — nothing- it was terrific!
  • Stayed July 2007
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

Stayed at the Drury Plaza for a 4-day conference. The hotel is very convenient to the conference center, about 7 blocks away. The St. Louis Arch is directly across the street. The view from the top of the arch is spectacular. Baseball stadium 2 blocks away, football stadium 8 blocks away. Historic Union station about 12 blocks or 1 mile away.
To get to the hotel from the airport I recommend the airport shuttle service to downtown. It's twenty-five dollars round trip vs. thirty-five plus one-way to take a cab. If you have your own car, parking is $15/day.
The hotel offers complimentary high-speed internet, they provide the ethernet cable. Each adult gets a card for 2 complimentary alcoholic beverages which are served from 5:30-7 pm. For the kids there are free sodas, fresh popcorn and snack mixes. The free hot breakfast included: pancakes, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. In addition to coffee, tea, fruit, cereal, milk, yogurt, pastries, toast, etc. Sixty minutes of free long distance also included in the price of the room.
My room had adequate space for the king bed, work desk, armoire w/ tv, fridge, microwave, and reclining chair. No problems with water temperature or pressure. I could sometimes hear noises from the other bathrooms.
The hotel gym only offers 6 pieces of cardio equipment, no weights of any kind. The pool and hot tub are located on the 8th floor and are indoors.
Booked the hotel directly through the Drury website and chose the e-saver rate. For most nights that was one hundred fourteen and for Friday night it was ninety-five, can't remember how much the additional taxes were.
Had to check out in the morning, but was still attending conference events. The have a luggage room where I checked my bags and I didn't have any problems.
I would definitely choose to stay w/ Drury again.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Effingham, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

We stayed at this hotel after attending a Cardinals game. The location is great, as you can easily walk to the stadium and back(at night - with your children) without worry.

Lobby is huge, lovely and a great place to meet up with friends for a board game or a cup of coffee.

Our room w/ 2 queen beds, though very small, was very clean and well appointed. Great Arch view! Vanity outside the bathroom was convenient. Also, the air conditioning worked perfectly(even during 100+ degree outside temps) without being noisy.

The indoor pool was great and the pool room was air conditioned which was nice for those not wanting to swim but needing to keep an eye on their kids.

Hotel staff was very freindly and helpful - they answered any questions with a smile.

Elevator system is somewhat of a hassle. There is a main elevator and an elevator that goes to the parking garage and to some floors - strange and a pain.

Hot buffet breakfast was good with lots of choices. Great for families on a budget.

We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again when in town for a Cardinal game. Hotel is clean, convenient, and family friendly.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch? Share your experiences!