“Relaxing, to say the least.” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Majestic Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1019 Pine St, Saint Louis, MO 63101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #18 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Relaxing, to say the least.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Although the view was a bit disappointing, the hotel service made up for it. The Concierge service was excellent. We stayed in RM 808 in the Presidential Suite. Even though the Hotel had some age on it, the room seemed very modern and up to date. We were here for my Wife's, Uncle's 40th year Anniversary celebration and was a bit worried that it would be crowded and noisy, it being a holiday weekend and all. It was very quite except when the heat and air unit would kick on, but it was easy to ignore and eventually was forgotten. They do have a shuttle service, though we didn't ask about or use it, but found out later that they will take you anywhere within 3 miles of the Hotel. Would I recommend this to others? Yes, most defiantly. You can't please everybody, I know that, but they do offer many amenities, they will even press up to two of your shirts if you become a member. I'd still recommend this place because you see history in the building, you get great customer service and you feel at home. What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Ask for upper rooms on the Pine Street side of the Hotel for a slight better view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thanks for choosing to celebrate his 40th anniversary with us, and thanks for recommending us to other TripAdvisor readers. We’re glad you were able to all relax and enjoy your time in St. Louis. We hope to see you back again in the future.

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Omni Majestic using Name Your Own Price on Priceline. I am once again disappointed with Priceline giving a hotel 4 stars that doesn't deserve them. The only positive at this hotel is the guest service. Apparently, the rooms were renovated, but I'm not sure what was renovated. They are still outdated, particularly the carpet, which looks dirty. The tv is ridiculous, as it's not flat screen. The picture is mediocre at best, and the channel selection is lacking. The fitness room has three machines and no weights, also lacking. There is no pool, which is another negative. This is a 3 star hotel at best. I will avoid it in the future.

• Stayed February 2013
We’re sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay, but glad your team provided excellent service. While our rooms may not be as modern as other four star hotels, we will always make sure they are as clean as possible. If you feel your room hasn’t properly cleaned, we are happy to send a housekeeper to freshen the room. We do not have a pool, but only a few downtown hotels do have them. While we understand you probably won’t be staying with us in the future, we welcome you to come back if you don’t find another hotel that better suits your needs.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I booked this hotel blindly on Priceline, only paying a little over $70 for a "4 star hotel." I'm glad we only paid that much. The hotel has its pros, but the cons outweigh them.
Pros: big comfy bed
Soft toilet paper
Full size bath towels
Service (although we were told there's no pool because it attracts the kind of people they don't want coming there."
Noon checkout
There's an iron and ironing board, laundry and shoe bags, real drink glasses and a walk in closet. If u need one.

Cons: $25 valet only parking, literally 8 steps from the door.
Peeling paint
Absolutely no view. We saw into other rooms and a brick wall
The tv is atrocious. It's seated 10 ft from the bed and its 20in and 15 yrs old.
Internet is $10 unless you become a rewards member
The bathroom is only twice the size of the closet. My fiance couldn't even open the door if I was in there.
Hard to get to, especially with all the construction around the city.
$50 incidental fee. We budgeted this trip and ended up having to borrow money to make it to the next day so we could eat dinner.

Maybe I'm just being picky but if I had to pay $150 for one night here I would have been seething.

• Stayed February 2013
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We’re sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. Our valet is the same price as other 4 star hotels in the area, but there is street parking available at various spots near the hotel. Some of our rooms do have views of the city, but unfortunately not all of them. Wi-Fi is $10 a day, but if you join our rewards program (free to join) we will also deliver morning beverage service and newspaper each morning during your stay. Our $50 per day incidental charge is in place at all our hotels and we’re sorry for any inconvenience it caused. We charge the fee to cover any incidentals during your stay and refund at check-out.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was able to get an incredible rate on this hotel for two double rooms during Mardi Gras weekend. I had been told the hotel is a little out of the way for downtown, but I didn't mind much since the rate was so good, and the TripAdvisor reviews of the hotel seemed generally very positive.

I have to unfortunately admit that I was a little disappointed with my stay here. I'd say what ended up being the most disappointing, and rather painful, was the bed. Through the night, I seemed to sleep relatively fine, but the next day, both the person who stayed with me and I woke with fairly severe back pain, which didn't even start subsiding until the afternoon. We had rooms 401 and 402, the former being mine and at the end of the hall. The rooms were particularly drafty, and in mine, one of the beds sits directly next to the window, where I slept, and where I was feeling gusts of wind throughout the evening. The vent, as well, when the heater would click on, sounded like a helicopter. It was awkwardly shaped, but considering how old the building is, there is little that I think could have been done. The window in the bathroom of 401 was very drafty, and the water pressure was just so-so.

For the most part, the staff is very friendly. We arrived late on a Friday night. Now, this is NOT a big hotel. Registration is a small desk with a person sitting behind it. When we arrived, the woman in charge was off handling some problem, so the bartender on duty was manning the desk. He was super-friendly, nice, and fun, which I suppose a good bartender always is, but was unable to help us. After about 10 minutes, the attendant returned, and helped us out. Servicewise, the hotel did a great job - the employees were fairly sparse, but generally very accommodating and friendly. The only real kink in the service was at checkout. I had maybe 10 minutes earlier accessed the internet from the room, which is free if you're a rewards member. However, when I gave the attendant my account number, he was willing to take $10 off the apparently $15 charge, but not the full amount. When I persisted, explaining that over the whole weekend, I had signed on for the first time about 10 minutes earlier just checking email, he eventually relented, and took the charge off, so as a rewards member, I did get my ten minutes of free internet. He ended up driving a group of us to the train station and everyone thought him very friendly. They were very nice in letting us stay about an extra hour and a half past checkout time.

The hotel in all was for me a bit disappointing, maybe just because I expected more. It is a small hotel with few amenities. (Craving a 7-Up at about midnight, the only option was a gas station 5 blocks away, ie., no vending machines and no room service.) Sadly, I wouldn't choose this hotel again. There a lot of hotels downtown that are very affordable in better locations with greater amenities. If you're looking for a smaller, quieter hotel, slightly out of the way, this may be the right fit for you. The folks I was traveling with voted 2-2.5 stars, but I'm rounding it up to 3. It didn't work for us, but might be better for others.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are strangely configured - so you may want to avoid them.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We’re sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. We have Serta double pillow top mattresses in our rooms, and while we rarely hear complaints about them, from time to time they don’t suit people who are used to a different firmness. Unfortunately our size limits us on how late we can provide room service for our guests. While we understand that you probably won’t be staying with us in the future, we would love to have you back as a guest if you don’t find what you’re looking for at another hotel.
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We recently stayed at the Omni Hotel while visiting STL. The staff was extremely accomaodating. The hotel shuttle was convenient. WE had the presidentia suite and the room was fantastic, and the jet bath rocked. Also the lcoation could not have been better. Our event was at the Thaxton, and we could walk to the hotel.. I highly recommend the Omni..

Room Tip: get the Amassador or the Presidentila suite. Worth the extra bucks!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Majestic Hotel in downtown St.Louis. It is a beautiful hotel with an old-style feel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. You will check in at a desk (this enables you to sit) which makes it much more personal. The location is great--it's close to restaurants, the Arch, the Stadium...We were delighted to find that there is a staff member that will drive you to any place you want to go within 3 miles. We got a ride to BB's Blues Bar and then also got a ride back. I'd love to stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked the Omni Majestic on Hotwire and so stayed there by sort of chance since you do not find out the name of the hotel until after you confirm. It turned out to be the Omni Majestic, to our pleasure! Upon arrival the staff from the front desk (not really a front desk but a desk with chairs where you sit down to register...a very nice touch) immediately opened the front door for us. They were very friendly and most helpful as we asked questions about navigating the city. We used their complimentary Lincoln shuttle which was very helpful and handy. The young driver was knowledgeable too about the city. Our room was small but very clean and nicely furnished. We will definitely stay here again upon our next visit to St Louis.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not streetside.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Omni Majestic Hotel? Share your experiences!