“Not terrible, not great, but a little disappointing...” 3 of 5 stars

Omni Majestic Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1019 Pine St, Saint Louis, MO 63101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #18 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Chicago, Illinois
“Not terrible, not great, but a little disappointing...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was able to get an incredible rate on this hotel for two double rooms during Mardi Gras weekend. I had been told the hotel is a little out of the way for downtown, but I didn't mind much since the rate was so good, and the TripAdvisor reviews of the hotel seemed generally very positive.

I have to unfortunately admit that I was a little disappointed with my stay here. I'd say what ended up being the most disappointing, and rather painful, was the bed. Through the night, I seemed to sleep relatively fine, but the next day, both the person who stayed with me and I woke with fairly severe back pain, which didn't even start subsiding until the afternoon. We had rooms 401 and 402, the former being mine and at the end of the hall. The rooms were particularly drafty, and in mine, one of the beds sits directly next to the window, where I slept, and where I was feeling gusts of wind throughout the evening. The vent, as well, when the heater would click on, sounded like a helicopter. It was awkwardly shaped, but considering how old the building is, there is little that I think could have been done. The window in the bathroom of 401 was very drafty, and the water pressure was just so-so.

For the most part, the staff is very friendly. We arrived late on a Friday night. Now, this is NOT a big hotel. Registration is a small desk with a person sitting behind it. When we arrived, the woman in charge was off handling some problem, so the bartender on duty was manning the desk. He was super-friendly, nice, and fun, which I suppose a good bartender always is, but was unable to help us. After about 10 minutes, the attendant returned, and helped us out. Servicewise, the hotel did a great job - the employees were fairly sparse, but generally very accommodating and friendly. The only real kink in the service was at checkout. I had maybe 10 minutes earlier accessed the internet from the room, which is free if you're a rewards member. However, when I gave the attendant my account number, he was willing to take $10 off the apparently $15 charge, but not the full amount. When I persisted, explaining that over the whole weekend, I had signed on for the first time about 10 minutes earlier just checking email, he eventually relented, and took the charge off, so as a rewards member, I did get my ten minutes of free internet. He ended up driving a group of us to the train station and everyone thought him very friendly. They were very nice in letting us stay about an extra hour and a half past checkout time.

The hotel in all was for me a bit disappointing, maybe just because I expected more. It is a small hotel with few amenities. (Craving a 7-Up at about midnight, the only option was a gas station 5 blocks away, ie., no vending machines and no room service.) Sadly, I wouldn't choose this hotel again. There a lot of hotels downtown that are very affordable in better locations with greater amenities. If you're looking for a smaller, quieter hotel, slightly out of the way, this may be the right fit for you. The folks I was traveling with voted 2-2.5 stars, but I'm rounding it up to 3. It didn't work for us, but might be better for others.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are strangely configured - so you may want to avoid them.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We’re sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. We have Serta double pillow top mattresses in our rooms, and while we rarely hear complaints about them, from time to time they don’t suit people who are used to a different firmness. Unfortunately our size limits us on how late we can provide room service for our guests. While we understand that you probably won’t be staying with us in the future, we would love to have you back as a guest if you don’t find what you’re looking for at another hotel.

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We recently stayed at the Omni Hotel while visiting STL. The staff was extremely accomaodating. The hotel shuttle was convenient. WE had the presidentia suite and the room was fantastic, and the jet bath rocked. Also the lcoation could not have been better. Our event was at the Thaxton, and we could walk to the hotel.. I highly recommend the Omni..

Room Tip: get the Amassador or the Presidentila suite. Worth the extra bucks!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Majestic Hotel in downtown St.Louis. It is a beautiful hotel with an old-style feel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. You will check in at a desk (this enables you to sit) which makes it much more personal. The location is great--it's close to restaurants, the Arch, the Stadium...We were delighted to find that there is a staff member that will drive you to any place you want to go within 3 miles. We got a ride to BB's Blues Bar and then also got a ride back. I'd love to stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked the Omni Majestic on Hotwire and so stayed there by sort of chance since you do not find out the name of the hotel until after you confirm. It turned out to be the Omni Majestic, to our pleasure! Upon arrival the staff from the front desk (not really a front desk but a desk with chairs where you sit down to register...a very nice touch) immediately opened the front door for us. They were very friendly and most helpful as we asked questions about navigating the city. We used their complimentary Lincoln shuttle which was very helpful and handy. The young driver was knowledgeable too about the city. Our room was small but very clean and nicely furnished. We will definitely stay here again upon our next visit to St Louis.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not streetside.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

First impression was very pleasing, lovely lobby with a beautiful grand piano in the centre. It was surprising not to have a front desk - but we soon got used it. Our room was comfortable and the staff were very nice. A plus for us was having the complimentary shuttle service - where a staff member gladly took us wherever we wanted as long as it was in a certain range and picked us up again.
Quite satisfied with this hotel and would stay again if we went to St Louis again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Our guests love the complimentary shuttle. For those who want to use the service, please inquire on availability at check in and schedule a time in advance. We are happy to provide transportation within a three mile radius of the hotel. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you next time.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

It is the staff that makes this AWESOME hotel. Every staff member was fun to chat with and offered great advice on the area and who actually want you to be happy. The car service is awesome. They will take you anywhere within 3 miles, so you do not have to keep pulling car out of valet. The bar had some cool woodwork in it. If you can appreciate a hotel with history and a staff who aims to please, this is for you. I highly recommend and will definitely be back the next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here while attending a meeting downtown at the recommendation of a friend. I usually stay in Hyatt or Marriott. They ran a great rate and I decided to try it out and was glad I did. The staff were really extra attentive opening doors and ready to assist in whatever was asked with a smile. There were lots of restaurants in walking distance and a full market a few blocks away The only downside for me was breakfast quality although I only ate one day and then just had the complementary coffee delivered to my room the rest of the time there. others that were there at the same time said they thought the restaurant was fine but the menu limited. There was a shuttle service that was very nice. It was clean and comfortable. I would stay again if I attend a conference there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We’re glad you decided to try us out. We try to provide more personal service that the larger hotels have a hard time delivering. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in St. Louis.

Been to Omni Majestic Hotel? Share your experiences!