“New St. Louis favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Majestic Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1019 Pine St, Saint Louis, MO 63101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #23 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Hallsville, Missouri
“New St. Louis favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Check in is different as it is done with a standard level desk with guests seated in wingback chairs. A nice touch from others. This hotel is an historic building with fabulous woodwork throughout. Grand hotels such as this glow with a patina that just keeps getting better with age. The service staff is also from that bygone age from the concierge to the bartenders and servers, who actually want you to be happy. I was happy enough to join the rewards program.

Room Tip: Bathrooms may be a bit tight for handicapped guests.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

It is the staff that makes this historic hotel. I am a black level GHA member and they upgraded me to the boardroom suite. Huge room with comfy king bed, mini fridge, 2 bathrooms, couch and 2 televisions. Every staff member always called me by name, were fun to chat with and offered great advice on the area. The car service is awesome. They will take you anywhere within 3 miles, so you do not have to keep pulling car out of valet. The bar had some cool woodwork in it, a pool table and the tendets pour a good drink. If you can appreciate a hotel with history and a staff who aims to please, this is for you. I highly recommend and will definately be back the next time I go to see the Cards.

• Stayed December 2012
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thanks for being a loyal GHA member. We greatly appreciate your comments about the Omni Majestic and are so glad your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when baseball season starts.
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had a very nice stay at the Omni Majestic. The room was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful when we had questions. The bar pours a good, strong drink! The bed was large and comfy, I felt like Goldilocks. We opted to do our own on-street parking and our vehicle was ok all weekend. I had joined their loyalty program (which was free to sign-up), so we had free wi-fi and morning drinks delivered to our room. There were just a few things that were not great about the room. The bathroom (especially the toilet/shower area) are pretty small, but I do understand that the Omni Majestic is a historic hotel, so that can't be helped. The tvs were ok, but the reception was fairly poor. Maybe I'm spoiled by HD at my own home, but ugh! We were in town for an NFL game and the walk to the Edward Jones dome took only about 5 minutes, which was really nice. I was a little concerned when I saw our room was by the elevator, but we never had any noise issues with that. Overall, we would probably book a room here again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Became somewhat "stuck" in St. Louis for Thanksgiving and found a jewel of a hotel ... The Omni Majestic Hotel. The property itself is amazingly beautiful and it feels like stepping back in time to the luxury hotels of a day long since passed. The rooms are well maintained, very clean, and make you feel welcome. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel in its enitirety is very quiet. It sits in the heart of downtown but you feel very removed from the city, in a good way.

The breakfast skillets are very tasty and the staff at the Mahogany Grille in the lobby are amazing. Jacqueline was our server several times and she is friendly, professional, and just an all around nice person. I would recommend the grilled cheese sandwhich with bacon and the hot wings are also very good.

Staff here are amazing. Many thanks to Matthew, Emily, Michelle, John, Pamela, and everyone else. Staff here go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. They are very courteous, friendly, professional and willing to assist no matter what hour of the day it might be. This Omni knocked Omni CNN Center down a notch for me and has now become my absolute favorite Omni location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're glad we could make you comfortable during your stay. We'll pass along your comments to the whole team, and we're happy to be your new favorite Omni. Come back soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Sometimes businesses have to deal with situations where regardless of their best efforts, things go wrong. The key is how the business re-acts when these situations occur. This was my case in my recent stay at the Omni Majestic. I did everything right... I made my reservation weeks in advance, my flight into St. Louis was going to be late...so I called and my file was updated to reflect a late arrival. All set... I arrive at the hotel at about 11:45pm and was informed at that late hour (after a full day of travelling)... something went wrong with my reservation and the hotel was completely booked and my room for the first night of my week's stay was gone!
They were trying to call me all day (but I had spent much of the day in flight)... However, they were very apologetic and determine to make it right. They had made me a reservation at the down town Hilton. They got a cab to take me to the Hilton and I was surprised at the efforts they took to show their regret for what had happened. I was picked up the next day and returned to the Omni where I was hosted like a king for the remainder of the week. Upgraded room, fresh fruits in my room, water, (I had the option for wine but I don't drink), complementary breakfast everyday. It was like every staff in the hotel knew what had happened to me and everyone was doing everything to show their regret. So they got something wrong but I was truly impressed at the efforts that went into making up for their error.

I will definitely be staying again...

Room Tip: Sign up for the Select Guest program for extra benefits...especially the complementary Wifi.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We apologize for having to relocate you for the first night of your reservation. Thank you for being so understanding, and we're glad we were able to show you the service we're capable of delivering despite the initial error. We'll see you on your next visit to St. Louis.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while attending Joyce Meyer conference at Edward Jones Stadium. The hotel was beautiful and the staff super friendly. It had the old world charm decore, wooden floors and beautiful rugs, lobby didn't really have a check in desk but an antique table with staff sitting there to check you in kind of homey .. we did the valet parking package and that was perfect, the car is really in lot right behind the hotel .. so it was easy access if you needed anything .. the bar/resturant was like being in an old Enghish Inn .. we didn't eat there except for the breakfast which was included in our package. Well, we did have a chocolate martini one night and it was the best ever.. The first morning of the conference breakfast was a bust ..way too many people for the staff to handle and replenish the food and you had to wait for drinks .. it was a mess and alot of people were not happy .. the staff maintained their composure and did the best they could .. remaining calm and friendly .. well the next morning what a difference, the staff must have told their managers about the fiasco .. OMG lots of staff extra cooks .. it was very smooth and very good .. nice to see the hotel management listen to their employees and made the necessary adjustments to handle everything, next morning breakfast was wonderful .. the room was large and very clean .. and the beds were sooooo comfy ... it was a short 6 block walk to the conference and we walked back and forth each day .. only one down side was that the resturant/bar closed from 2-4pm each day .. that was a little inconvienant as that was usually break time from the conference but there were other resturants nearby so it wasn't all that bad .. my room was $179 a night which included the valet parking and breakfast so i was really pleased with the price .. it was a great deal for the luxury hotel and close to where i wanted to be .. i will be staying here again next year ..

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor .. no street noise .. i don't think there could be a bad room in the pl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We really appreciate your review. It's great to hear that the adjustments we made to staffing for the conference breakfast made the next morning much more enjoyable. Thanks for choosing to stay with us this year, and we look forward to seeing you again next year.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Clean; comfy and great staff. Used the complimentary shuttle and they couldn't be nicer. Had trouble finding the train station because so roads were closed and our driver Ben would not give up until he found the entrance for us. What a nice guy! Great location; only about 6 blocks to the arch; 2 to the metro. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you had a safe trip back to Orlando. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in St. Louis.

Been to Omni Majestic Hotel? Share your experiences!