“Romantic Dining Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 2,562 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Roberto's Trattoria is rated among the best restaurants in St. Louis. Roberto's will take you on a culinary trip to Southern Italy where you will enjoy classic, traditional Italian cuisine right here is St. Louis. It's the best Italian restaurant in the metro area for fine dining. Roberto's Trattoria is the perfect answer for travelers looking for the best place to dine in St. Louis.
Hillsboro, Missouri
“Romantic Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015 NEW

My wife and I had dinner here (with reservations) on a Friday night. The atmosphere here is up-scale and was romantic. The service was excellent. The food is very good. I highly recommend the lobster bisque for an appetizer, as it is some of the best I've ever had. I had a ribeye and my wife had the filet, both of which were great. My only regret was being too full to try the desserts, as I'm sure they're fabulous.

• Visited February 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Elmhurst, Illinois
“Very good food, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

My son and I are foodies from Chicago and therefore have access to lots of good Italian food. The fried calamari was super fresh, appropriately breaded and lightly fried. Yum! The caprese salad had a most delicious fresh mozzarella - better than anything we've had in Chicago and was beautifully presented. The main pasta entrees were very good and huge - enough to either split or bring home for another meal. The home made gelato was to die for!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2015

My wife and I had dinner at Roberto's and it was quite the dining experience. Great romantic atmosphere, and wonderful service. The portions of our entrees were very generous and quite good. The true pearl was the lobster bisque, it was the best I've ever had, definitely try it out!

St. Louis MO.
“Awesome Chilean Sea Bass!!! - The Best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

Roberto's is a wonderful place to dine and experience GREAT Italian food! Upon entering you will be greeted by Roberto himself who will seat you to the perfect spot in his restaurant. Upon starting your dining experience you must indulge in the famous Marconi bread with some olive oil. then sample an appetizer like stuffed shrimp, flash fried spinach or calamari, all are delicious. Your waiter will tell you of all the specials, but the one to try is the Chilean sea bass. Ask for a center cut. This is by far the best I've ever enjoyed. It has amazing flavor. You will be satisfied. Get the pasta in white sauce on the side too. If you can find the room I also suggest trying the homemade gellato the Roberto makes. It is awesome too! My friends, come hungry and let your pallet enjoy as you fill your stomach!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“'Italian Gem' - First Class Italian Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015

My husband & I dine frequently @ Roberto's. The ambiance is just perfect for superb dining.
They offer a diverse menu and the fresh pastas are delicious. I had the stuffed shrimp appetizer & the filet mignon stuffed with lump crab meat. Absolutely DECADENT!!! The service is outstanding & you never have to wait to get refills. Roberto is the most gracious restaurant owner & always strives for perfection. His Italian sauces are superb which we feel elevates his restaurant above others. This is the best 'Italian' restaurant in St. Louis!!!
We celebrated my husband's 60th birthday party last year & the comments were endless from our guests. We had 24 guests & the food & service were superior!!!
John & Megan