“Our favorite plae” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2,524 restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, European, Italian, Continental
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Roberto's Trattoria is rated among the best restaurants in St. Louis. Roberto's will take you on a culinary trip to Southern Italy where you will enjoy classic, traditional Italian cuisine right here is St. Louis. It's the best Italian restaurant in the metro area for fine dining. Roberto's Trattoria is the perfect answer for travelers looking for the best place to dine in St. Louis.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Our favorite plae”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We used to live on The Hill and are used to a variety of wonderful Italian options. We now live in South County and, because of Roberto's, we still have a great Italian option. We've been there at least 15 times with our kids, with extended family, and with friends. Always a delicious meal with great service. A couple weeks ago we called for a last minute reservation at 6:30 on a Friday night and, despite being busy, they accommodated us with a smile and a delicious meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

94% Recommend
Midwest
“Unexpectedly Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I made a decision to visit our family in STL for the weekend and my sister-in-law told us that she wanted us to visit a "new" Italian restaurant for dinner. She even went out of her way to find a baby-sitter for our kids, so we knew the restaurant had to be good.

While on the way to the restaurant, remarks were made regarding the general location of Roberto's. True, it is located in a strip mall, in between a Mexican restaurant and a gym. But, don't let the general location fool...the food is amazing.

Our group of six enjoyed several appetizers (toasted ravioli and calamari) and various entrees found throughout the menu. Specifically, I had the Filet Roberto with a side of pasta. The steak was perfectly cooked, covered in provel cheese and topped with mushrooms. It was delicious. My wife enjoyed Chicken Parmigiana and according to her it was "great."

The wait staff was attentive without being obtrusive, the wine list extensive, and the overall atmosphere fun. Further, the owner was present throughout the restaurant, checking on diners and ensuring the food was up to his standards.

We love visiting our family in STL, and now our trips may need to include additional stops to Roberto's to enjoy fantastic Italian food.

Affton, Missouri
“My Favorite local Italian...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

From the Apps... to the Fillet Roberto or the Specials to the deserts and House made Gelato (Pistachio) My favorite... simply the best.. Try to go when I get family in town or a craving.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Charles, Missouri
“The Specials Are Really Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The menu at this place is really good and the food is delicious, but the specials they run every day are way over the top. I don't know who thinks up these amazing dishes but they are a culinary genius. Sea Bass with panko and aioli is unbelievably good. The pesto tagliatelle with scallops is in a class by itself. Even the shrimp Lucia appetizer is good enough reason to go here by itself. I eat here at least once every two months and it's always good. Service can be a bit slow sometimes but that's because it's so busy. It's worth it anyway.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Still Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

It's been 6 months and I finally had the chance to visit Roberto's Trattoria again. A gift certificate as a Christmas present helped. Once again the food was awesome! I tried the tagliatele with lobster this time on the suggestion of my friend and it was one of the best dishes I have ever had in my life. I can't even begin to describe the complex flavors I tasted. All I can say is that it was fantastic. The service from Jeff our waiter was top notch and Tony the bar tender was very helpful in helping my wife pick a drink before dinner. Can't wait to go back and try something new again.