“Magnificent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Magnificent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Embassy Suites is in the heart of St. Louis. Walking distance to Edward Jones Dome, Home of the St. Louis Rams and Blues, Gateway Arch and Busch Stadium, Home of the Cardinals and the conventions center. The services is fabulous and the rooms are excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

483 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I've been here many time before and have written about this hotel before on tripadvisor all good. We have not been back in over a year and stopped in for a several night stay, It's still wonderful. The staff from Valet, to bell persons to the front desk remembered us and welcomed us back. It was honestly like coming home and you don't find that kind of friendly service at many hotels now days. What I really like is this hotel must be well managed to keep so much of the staff this long. Most of the staff has been here a long time, Helen who cooks your eggs or omelet, to perfection, has been with the company over 30 years and still smiles and makes you feel good each day. The front desk staff is very good, Nick, Christina and all of them make you feel welcome.
Yes parking and unloading is a little difficult on the street but the guys out there make it happen and work hard to get you out of the car and in the hotel. Yes you must valet but it's a downtown hotel and parking is hard. I'm just glad they take care of me.
The food here is very good and if you don't wait to get out you won't be disappointed. But there are some GREAT places to eat all around you just ask the staff and they will help you find what ever you are looking for. The managers reception is always fun at most Embassy Suites but this one is the best because of Robert the bartender. He is the best, never misses a step, no matter how long the line he is smiling and talking to everyone. Never gets upset even when people get mad over the only one drink per person rule. Just one of those people who make you happy to be around and makes the evening fun. Oh yes and after a year still remembered what we drank.
Only negative is housekeeper could use a little boost. Our room cleaning each day was not good, didn't even empty our trash or take out empty water bottles or food stuff. Plus the common areas could have used a little dusting. I'm betting this will get better fast with this management team. Over all Great hotel and a must stay when in downtown St Louis.

Room Tip: For a real treat book a corner room WOW huge and beautiful, with high ceilings and floor to ceilings...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed with my husband and four children. We had a fantastic stay. Things we loved:

Spacious rooms, within walking distance to The City Museum, great hot breakfast and "happy hour", fun pool for the kids.

Would definitely recommend.

We actually left my sons special "lovie/blanket" in the room, called 48 hours later and housekeeping had it and put it aside for us to pick up a week later. Great service.

US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had stayed here before right after it opened and the hotel had a hipster vibe, this time it was full of families. No problem, was traveling with family myself. First impression was bad, asked doorman/valet where I could self park and was answered with a thumb pointing down the street "There" was all he said.
Check in was fine but noticed dirt and dust in common areas, OK breakfast and night reception although I had to have my wife come to the bar and get her glass of wine because "embassy limits us to 1 drink per person at a time".
Next day after arriving back at hotel at 5:30 room was not made up, I called front desk and asked it to be made up and we went out for supper. Arriving back at 10:00 it was still unmade, by this time I was disgusted and called front desk again just to get towels, finally housekeeping provided them.
Not what I expected for the price, as a honors gold/diamond member for the last 10 years I will avoid this place in the future. Shame that a few bad apples spoiled it for us.

Maryland Heights, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We decided to choose the Embassy Suites Downtown during our trip to Saint Louis. We visited St. Louis to go to a Rams game. When we got to the Hotel, we realized we were less than 100 steps from the Dome, so it was a terrific location. You were also in walking distance to the casino, which is small but nice if you want to get a some gambling in. The rooms were very spacious, nice décor and comfortable. Great restaurants all around the area and in walking distance to the Arch. Staff was friendly-- our only complaint would be breakfast. It was complimentary, so we can't say much, but it needs a little help.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My time spent at the Embassy Suites was excellent: clean rooms, great breakfast, good restaurant with attentive service, and very clean in all aspects. The water wall was memorizing as you sit in the lobby relaxing. I was here to celebrate a wedding and it made the experience outstanding.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is by far my favorite in downtown St. Louis. I am from St. Louis and for the past two years I've celebrated my birthday there. Why? A. Location B. The room is spacious and are suites C. BREAKFAST(the best free hotel breakfast (word omelets!) AND FREE HAPPY HOUR (its not just beer and wine..make sure you tip well :)!! Need I say more? Yes, the valet is expensive, but breakfast and happy hour make up for it. In addition, if you have a room with 2 queens, you can sleep 6 because the sofa turns into a queen bed. (Which is actually quite comfortable and I've slept on a many horrible sofa beds before). The management and staff has always been polite and courteous to me and this year, they wrote a thoughtful handwritten card and left a delicious platter of strawberries! If you are a Hilton member, definitely stay here! Also any families or couples or groups celebrating special occasions, this is your pick for sure. I didn't have a problem with the cleanliness of the room at all so I'd have to disagree with other reviewers. I always try my best to tip housekeeping.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown? Share your experiences!