“Great accommodations for business at local convention center.Close to all including quality restaurants.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown

Ranked #12 of 122 hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've stayed at Embassy Suite hotels many times during business trips but this one was really nice and the location was terrific!
I visited march 2013 for a trade show at the local convention center. The place is really nice and offers nice, quality accommodations for and excellent price. It's close to local attractions like Gateway Arch, The St Louis Museum, a nice movie theater and also close to really great restaurants serving multicultural cuisine.

429 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

So I was a loyal fan of the Hyatt St. Louis Downtown until now as I was very pleased with my stay at this property. One of the greatest things about this hotel is the size of the rooms and the height of the ceiling. You definitely won't feel claustrophobic in this hotel. It has stunning decor and the ambiance and feel of the rooms are great. No way could you ever imagine that this was a department store. Decorations were tastefully made and all lines are clean and sharp. The shower is great. Very relaxing and the water pressure awesome. The location is great for what I do in St. Louis and I don't mind the cost to valet park. Its way cheaper than most cities that I visit. You should definitely consider this hotel if you are in the area traveling for business and most especially with children.

Room Tip: City Views.
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is by far the very best Embassy Suites or for that matter Hilton Hotel we have ever stayed at. From calling the hotel with a question about checking in early and having Christina help me to dealing with Brandon at check in to Curtis when we ask for late check out. The service was spectacular from each of them and the entire staff at this hotel. My wife was hosting a meeting with a few people and we have reserved the conference room suite so they would have working space. Great idea if you need a room for that type of thing, check it out. We arrived at noon and ask to check in early, I had called the day before also about this, and was told they would do all they could to make that happen. We were told the people had just check out and housekeeping was cleaning the room for us and we were in the room in about 3o minutes.WOW that was super for the group that needed to get to work. When we checked in it was pouring down rain and I have a mobility scooter because of bad knees. The valet and Bell person helped me get it out and on the sidewalk and in the hotel in a flash. Now this was at noon when the world was checking out of the hotel after a basketball game and they not once made me feel I was a bother when I knew I really was at this hour.
On Tuesday the group was not finished working and we ask for late checkout to 3pm which is extra late and Christina said no trouble in fact we had that for all the rooms we had for each person. Unreal WOW WOW WOW. I was just denied a short late checkout a couple of weeks ago at another Embassy. So this was GREAT.
Now let me tell you this Hotel is beautiful, old charming, but very modern and up to date. Huge rooms cleaned to perfection. When you walk in every drawer is slightly open the couch kind of opened to show you everything had been cleaned. I've never had that, it made you feel they went the extra mile to make you feel good. I can't say enough about how beautiful the rooms were. We learned the history of the building from the front desk and it's so cool.
We come to a lot of baseball games in St Louis and stay at the Hilton Ballpark and it,s nice but never again. This Embassy has my business as long as I can get a room. Sure it's a few blocks away from the game but It's the best. Plus you are in the heart of fantastic food places from fancy to deli it is the place to stay in downtown St Louis. Try it Please you will be back again!

Room Tip: We had an end room on the second floor huge windows on two sides and at least 11 to 12 ft ceilings.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Just stayed here last week with wife and daughter, visiting son who works for Edw Jones in St Louis. Its a great hotel (refit from department store) so rooms are large and ceilings high. Great breakfast as always, reception is salty snack stuff so not appealing (miss my concierge level since my member level has fallen due to corp travel restrictions). Anyway, all around friendly folks here (valet, desk, bell, restaurant), was staying for four days but had to leave a day early to drive east before snow. Convenient location, have to pay for parking but hey, it's a city, in NY they charge you $50 a day! Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Like all cities if you get a street facing room you will get the trash collection / EMS when it happ...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dixon, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here because it was walking distance to the convention center, but will choose somewhere else next time. The hotel sits right on the street with only a few parking places in front. You are only allowed to leave your car for a few minutes while you check in. Self parking is not available, so we paid $27 for valet parking. Again, if we had stayed farther away from the convention center, we could have parked with them for $4. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and I think it was the farthest room away from everything. It was like walking through a maze to get there. Not sure if the person who checked us in was trying to be funny or what. They hotel was not busy. The halls were empty. Yes, normally we would like to have a little separation from neighbors, but not to this extent. We ate breakfast the next morning. It didn't seem as good as what I have had in the past with Embassy Suites. There was only one person making omelets, but the wait time was short. The room was quiet and clean. The bed and sofa bed were comfortable. I asked for a later check-out time, which was granted. Upon returning to the hotel to check out, and treading our way through this maze to get to our room, our keys didn't work. So, we treaded back down to the lobby and was told that the keys automatically stop working at noon. Note to front desk: when you allow a late check-out, tell the guest that they will need to get their keys reset if they try to enter their room after 12:00.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wade T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear akerydeb,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown during your recent visit to St. Louis and for providing the review on your experience. We are sorry we did not live up to your expectations. The satisfaction of our guests is our number one priority and your feedback will allow us to improve the experience for future guests.

We appreciate your feedback on parking and I wanted to make sure you were aware that, in addition to our valet parking service, there is a self-parking option that is available to our guests in the Convention Center Garage directly across the street from the hotel. This option allows overnight self-parking paid directly to the garage attendants at a price of just $16.00 per night but this service does not allow for in/out privileges.

We sincerely apologize that we did not alert you of the key expiration when we agreed to your late check-out. We have shared this experience with our Team Members to ensure we notify our guests to have their key re-made if they will be checking out later than noon.

Again, thank you for choosing our hotel and for providing your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back during your next visit to St. Louis.

Best regards,

Wade Thompson
Director of Sales & Marketing
Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown
Phone: 314-678-2903
Email: wade.thompson@hilton.com
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

It is very beautiful inside the hotel! I wish there were more Embassy Suites like this location. The furnishings are gorgeous and the ceilings are ridiculously high in the bedrooms. There is nothing that I would change about the room itself; however, I would not order the brownie dessert unless you really desire a cake dessert. The room service was the only thing that I was not pleased with, but I would recommend this hotel to any and everyone!! Also, the breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Carmi, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I loved this hotel. The rooms are so large. We were there on Mardi gras weekend, and we never heard any outside noise during our stay. The only downside is parking. My husband drives a 4 door diesel Chevy Silverado and the valet first said he would park it for me, then changed his mind and said it was too long. I had to drive around the block and park in a garage about a block away. Then had to walk back to it in the rain the next morning. However, the price was $11 cheaper by doing that. And i have yo say the water pressure did need a little help. The shower was like a drizzle. Over all, I would stay there again just because of the location!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown? Share your experiences!