“Downtown Jewel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Des Moines, Iowa
“Downtown Jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The downtown Embassy Suites was a surprise!
Excellent location next to the football stadium
and just 7 blocks from Cardinal 's Busch Stadium.
Walk down 7th right to the stadium or Mike Shannons Steak

Water sculpture, in lobby
High impressive ceilings, throughout, including in the rooms
Very clean settings, Lobby, breakfast area, halls and the rooms.

Pool and fitness center on 5th floor. Managers reception on 4th floor.
Made to order Breakfast with a "good morning" and "a smile", on 4th floor.

Parking very close by, or valet park. Valet daily rate, is kind of pricey, but it takes all the worries out of find a place to park and going to get the car when you are ready to leave.

Enjoy the downtown area of St. Louis with a great place to stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights for a business Trip and it just so happened to be Mardi Grass weekend. The hotel was completely sold out and it was crazy but kudos to everybody who works at the hotel for keeping things in line and being professional. The rooms were spotless, the breakfast was great (lady at omlette bar needs to smile a little bit more) the fitness center was top notch and the bartenders were excellent. Thank you for making my trip enjoyable and I will be back for sure! Hotel is in a great location.

• Stayed February 2013
woodbury, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just completed a four day district sales meeting at the hotel. The hotel was superb, the meeting facilities excellent and the staff was attentive and professional. An overwhelming success at a great location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Very nice and newer hotel in this chain. Very friendly staff and nice rooms. The lobby is very strange and could use some new decor. The bar and breakfast area were very nice but they need to have more bartenders working during the manager's reception. The rooms were very comfy and the beds were very nice,

Room Tip: Corner suites are nice and roomy. Try to get a room on the west north or south side to limit sun co...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I think the location is great and the service is even better . The staff was very proffessional and friendly . They treat their guests like they are family and like they have known you forever, noone is a stranger to this fine staff of Embassy Suites Downtown. Please keep up the good work because I have and will definitley reccommend this facility in the near future.

Room Tip: I don`t think that you could go wrong with any room that you choose because everywhere it is peacefu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mattoon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hotel is beautiful and clean. Room was great and spacious, bathroom was a little small. Check in was a breeze. Great breakfast including cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, muffins, cooked to order omlets all included. Hotel also has a nightly happy hour with drinks and snacks. Staff was friendly up until the last night our car was not valet parked. After sitting on the road several hours we asked and were told they were just busy. We went to our event came back four hours later and it was still on the street asked again and was told it was too big to valet (even though they did the night before). I made the comment I shouldn't have to pay $27 to valet park and the desk clerk said "it's not free to park on the street you know". After about 30 minutes one of the girls in my group went down to talk to a manager and he told her it wasn't parked because the keys were lost. He did credit the valet fee for us. My husband went down and the valet told him the ticket they put inside the car was flipped over so they didn't know what keys went to it. We were told 4 different stories! That was my only complaint. At breakfast the next morning the lady behind us said she couldn't leave because they had lost her keys!

Room Tip: We had rooms that faced the Edward Jones Dome so we could see when the line went down and walk over.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Henderson, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just returned from a two day stay at this renovated hotel. It is very unique and has many good aspects to it. The suites are very spacious with plenty of moving around room. The ceilings are very high and it is pretty neat to have such huge windows in the sleeping area to view downtown.

Everything still looks pretty new. I always check a room when entering and found no problems at the time. However, I will say that when we went to bed--all the bedding had a few of what looked like gnats on them. They were not the dreaded bugs people worry about when travelling. I goodled for pictures to make sure. I found 4 in the sofa bed and one each in the other two beds. This did make me a little leary so I called the front desk to inform them and asked if we could be moved. They were very accommodating but didn't really seem to know how to respond to this situation. I had saved the "gnats" on a kleenex and the gentleman that came to our room to give us new keys looked and agreed they were some type of bug he just didn't know what. The main thing he told me was that they don't usually have this type of problem with their hotel.

In our original room I had noticed something odd in the shower on the tile that looked like something should have been there but wasn't. I found out in our new room that it should have been a soap holder in the shower but apparently had been broken off and not yet replaced.

I am happy to say that our next suite did not have any of these issues and I felt comfortable staying there.

Pros:
Nice, spacious rooms
Clean rooms (except for the first room with the "gnat" looking bugs).
Free Breakfast
Close proximity to where we were going
Nice price

Cons:
-Issue with the first room
-Valet parking --somewhat confusing and not nearly enough workers or area. During checkout we had to wait quite sometime. They seemed understaffed. There is only valet parking unless you want to utilize public parking down the street and lug your stuff to the hotel.
-Breakfast area on the second day was way understaffed. We noticed people waiting at least 30 or more minutes for food. They couldn't keep up. It was a very poor set-up. We skipped that line and went over to the made to order omlet station. Much quicker but only one poor lady working the area for hundreds of people.

Overall we would stay again but they really need to work out the breakfast situation as it was very troublesome. You had to be there. I haven't EVER seen a line like that anywhere I have stayed before.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to get a better view of downtown :).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown? Share your experiences!