“Nice Room Poor Food” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Omaha
“Nice Room Poor Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was in St. Louis for pleasure and stayed here for 2 nights, Thursday and Friday. The room was very spacious and the staff was very nice and helpful. They were very helpful with getting a cab when we needed one. I liked layout of the hotel, the breakfast area was on a different floor then the main floor. Most hotels have it near an exit area which makes it cold in the winter and busy with outgoing traffic and the dinning area was very spacious. Their workout room is very modern with multiple cardio machines, weight machine, free weights, stabily ball and weight balls. The pool looked nice I just didn't use it. All areas were very clean. Breakfast was not so good. The eggs must have been from powder or something they did not seem mixed enough. The pancakes had no flavor and were hard. The muffins were hard. The orange juice was watering and coffee in your room is better then the resturant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wade T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Gypsyronin,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is the valuable input from guests like you that allow us to continuously improve the services we provide.

We appreciate your positive feedback and are pleased you enjoyed our facilities. It appears however that your breakfast experience was less than desirable and we take your comments to heart. Although many of our guests have been quick to compliment our complimentary breakfast, we apologize that this was not a highlight for your stay. We have shared your comments internally with our entire team and will strive to ensure our future guests will continue to enjoy freshly prepared breakfast each day.

Again, thank you for allowing us to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travel plans include St. Louis.

Best regards,

Wade Thompson, Director of Sales & Marketing
Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown
Phone:(314) 678-2903
Email: Wade.Thompson@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites for a business meeting. I was very please with the spacious rooms and the customer service. I enjoyed being close to activities downtown. The breakfast and lounge area was pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a very stylish Embassy Suites, the most stylish we have stayed in. It occupies 4 floors of an old department store building downtown and has been furnished in a pleasingly modern and light style. Reception was smart, friendly and helpful. Our room, a corner suite, was light, spacious and well furnished. It has the usual sink/microwave/refrigerator - but (as now with all Embassy Suites) no cutlery, no crockery, no kitchen towels, no corkscrew/bottle opener (though one was supplied on request), so this seems to be for show not useful. The coffee maker made dreadful coffee (much worse than the old coffee makers in ES) and mugs have been replaced with paper cups.
The "Atrium" bar/breakfast/restaurant is a double height area and buzzing during the management reception, but afterwards, as a restaurant and bar it was soulless, despite good service. And the restaurant food was dull. Happily there are lots of nearby places to eat.
Breakfast: the usual complimentary breakfast, but during the week it finishes serving at 9.00am, not well suited to people like us on a leisure break. And coffee service also finished at 9.00am.
I guess Embassy Suites is firmly positioned during the week for business travellers.

Room Tip: As always in Embassy Suites, the corner suites are best and worth a bit more money because they are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My 3 friends and I stayed November 1st for the Madonna concert. Check in was extremely fast and the employees were helpful. I was the first to arrive in our room (I forget which floor) and found myself pleasantly surprised at the size of this room. I didn't have any kind of special corner suite, just a regular room but it was huge! Even for an Embassy Suites. The ceilings were probably 20 ft. high and everything was gorgeous. We didn't partake in the manager's reception or breakfast buffet. We did stay on the Washington St. side and did not notice ANY noise traveling up through the windows. Great place, can't wait to stay again. Parking was $16 self-park overnight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

First of all, I have to agree with many of the previous reviews about many aspects. The main thing I neglected to do, was to ask NOT to be placed on the side of building on Washington Ave. We too agreed, the street noise rose to our 5th floor room. I am wondering if they used the wrong grade of window or if bedroom side of the suite should have been designed on the "inside" portion of the suite. It was way too loud for us too. The nicest thing about our room location, was that it was next to the pool area. I absolutely judge a hotel based on the pool and hot tub. When I first entered the pool area, I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful smooth jazz music, as I reached for the most fluffy towels I've ever used in a pool area. Nice touch ES. The pool was only a max of about 3 - 4 ft. deep. And the hot tub was so strong with chlorine smell and bubbles, it was hard to use. We were there during the week, however so I did have the area to myself, which I also appreciate.
The complimentary "happy hr" reception, which we attended only one time during our 3 day stay, due to scheduling conflicts, was great fun!!! I wish more hotels did that.
The "made to order" omelets were very delicious, but you need to get down to breakfast by 9 a.m., or you will get nothing!
The lobby is small and busy, yet convenient enough. Staff was very friendly.
I didn't care for how the TV channels had to be selected.
All in all..........we would definitely choose this hotel again, if we ever need to stay downtown St. Louis again.

Room Tip: Ask NOT to be placed on Washington Ave. It is too loud.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We checked in 10/27 for one night. We were upgraded to a corner room. I was properly greeted as a Hilton Honors Gold member. The room was spacious and comfortable. We were on the 4th floor. The same floor where the lounge that holds breakfast and the manager's reception is held. The manager's reception was a nice touch. The bartender makes pretty good drinks especially if you tip him. Breakfast was pretty good. The line at the omelette station was a little long. There was an Herbalife conference in town so this was to be expected. The only downside to breakfast was a guest who didn't speak good English proceeded to point to the toppings she wanted. Her fingers were centimeters from the food. The chef said nothing, even after she did it a third time. I guess it's not the hotel's fault. Good thing I was ahead of her in line. Overall, I had a great stay and would stay at this hotel again. Valet parking was about $20/day with in & out privileges.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is very beautiful and the staff is great!! Room was huge, plenty of space for 3 people to share comfortably. Wonderful breakfast each morning and happy hour in the evening. So close to many attractions, I want to come back as they keep putting new attractions in downtown.

Room Tip: Higher up keeps noise level down, it is downtown.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown? Share your experiences!