“Best full slap in America” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bogart's Smokehouse

Bogart's Smokehouse
1627 S 9th Street, (Soulard area), Saint Louis, MO 63104 (Soulard)
+1 314-621-3107
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Soulard
Thailand
“Best full slap in America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

To begin with I flew from Bangkok thailand to the USA for done personal business for two weeks. Yes, I have been reading so much review about Bogart Smokehouse that I bought my family the try it.
The server was friendly and pleasant when I placed my order. I got there at 4:30pm and they are out of their burnt ends and wings. The full slap tasted fantastic. Mike has four different house sauces and I thought the sauces were very unique and they actually increased my appetite.
The cole saw was full of favor and so delicious.
The crispy pork skin was very crispy and yummy and it almost taste like the crispy pork skin that we have in Bangkok.
The baked bean actually has real BBQ pork in it.... So yummy.
The brisket was a bit plain.
I definitely recommend Bogart smokehouse if you are in Missouri.
The restaurant service is 1000% satisfied. Mike and his team always come by to check on us.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Best Ribs I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

After seeing a "Pitmasters" episode on TV listing the USA top ten Pig diners, I listed it and another place in my "essential" book. My wife and I took our daughter and grandkids (living in St Louis) to lunch (we live in Idaho and were visiting). The first place on my list looked deserted and had my grandkids crying to leave the area. The second place, Bogart's Smoke House, was fantastic. I had the baby backs and beans and everyone else had pulled pork (plates or sandwiches) and beans/ cole slaw. It was a total hit with the entire family. The absolute best ribs I've ever had (and I love my ribs). We all also raved about their pit smoked beans.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“As good as BBQ gets in St. Louis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Been to a few BBQ places in St. Louis, this is better than the rest (though the 'rest' isn't bad either). Ambience is what you would expect of BBQ joint, cheap tables, cheap chairs. Service was fast, we just beat the crowd at 11:30 am on a weekday (lined up out the door by noon). Choice of sauces from hot to mild and sweet, and vinegar. When long line was forming, a cook went through those waiting with a basket of delicious wings to sample! Order taker insisted we dip our potato chips in the beans; great suggestion!

Elkhorn, Nebraska
“YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

You know any place you eat at, that is small and you have to wait in a line that goes around the block, is going to be good. I'm not a huge fan of St. Louis barbeque but the food was delicious! I suggest the rib tip sandwich with pit beans and deviled egg potato salad. Cool atmosphere too - even with the mid-day lunch rush, there were tables outside we could sit at with plenty of seating. Lady came by quickly and picked up our baskets when we were done.

Columbia, Missouri
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

When a co-worker suggested we try bar b que in St. Louis I was skeptical. But I've got to say I had one if the best brisket sandwiches I've ever had.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere