“We had a great weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue

You added Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5823 Wilson Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63110 (The Hill)   |
Ranked #62 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Rolla, Missouri
“We had a great weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My sister and I met in STL for an extended weekend to go to the Fabulous Fox and visit other "tourist" places. We chose the Red Roof Inn because of its location and prices, as we had stayed there before. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the property had been renovated! The rooms were NEW, tastefully done, and clean! The staff was very helpful and friendly! The property is just minutes from the Fabulous Fox, Forest Park, the Edward Jones Dome, The Arch, Busch Stadium, The Hill, The Science Center, Soulard, and other downtown attractions and venues. The rooms have nice beds, a flat screen TV, a safe, hair dryer, WiFi, and an Iron and Ironing board. They don't have a fridge, coffee maker, or microwave. We brought an ice chest and a small coffee maker, and made a trip to the store for other things we needed, and we did just fine! Whether for a business or pleasure trip, one night or extended stay, I would highly recommend the Red Roof Inn St. Louis-Forest Park! My sister and I will stay there again!

Room Tip: I would not really give a lot of weight to those who have posted really negative comments about this...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
i0135, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear James W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Adviosr. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof.

Red Roof Inn - St Louis - Forest Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sikeston, Mo.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Second time to stay here and was very comfortable in the renovated room. The check in person was so nice and mkved us to another room ASAP when the heat wasn't working in our room
Will stay there again

• Stayed January 2013
Dear tpipkin2 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our motel. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Nothing. No amenities in rooms - not even a coffee maker. Location is great but its only about 20 bucks cheaper per night than the neighboring motels. Stay away from this one. It's as bad as all of the day's inns I have stayed at - the difference being at day's inn, at least they're honest in their quality by their low prices!

• Stayed November 2012
i0135, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Shellybean1988,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. We are currently in the process of getting a full renovation with all new/updated rooms, with more amenities, such as hair dryer and iron/boards in all rooms.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stopped in at this Red Roof Inn after having a good experience with the Red Roof In near the Philadelphia Airport. Also, it is along I-44 and that was the road we were taking home. Talk about a tale of two cities! We reserved the room over the cell phone and with the AAA rate, the room was $79.83 with taxes included. Once I showed pictures to the manager the following morning, we received an additional $20 off of the night. Rather than be defensive, the manager was quite nice and was appreciative of specific examples of how the room was being cleaned properly. The lady that worked when we checked-in was very friendly and helpful. I wish I could remember her name so that I could give her due credit in this review.

The room has the general layout of most other Red Roof Inns, though this one still had a tube TV. The wireless WiFi worked fine and the room had a refrigerator and a microwave. We found no bed bugs or any other pests in the room, or around the property. The sheets were clean and not worn. As mentioned before, there were things about the room that were not clean upon a closer look. The bathtub was filthy. There were hard water chemical deposits in the bowl of the commode. There were greasy finger prints on the wall light fixtures. The edge of the carpet had a thick layer of dust. I have shared pictures of the things that I have described. The heating/air unit worked fine.

This isn't the worst place that I have ever stayed - that honor is shared by Super 8 in Kutztown, PA and Motel 6 In Collinsville, IL. However, it is far from the best that I have ever stayed at within the $50-$100 price range.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Salida, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

First of all, I'd like to give the housekeeping staff kudos for keeping my older motel room clean and fresh on a daily basis. I stayed four nights and selected this motel based on a friend's recommendation which, I later learned, was strictly price driven. It was definitely cheaper than any other hotel in the area and provided the basics of shelter and convenience to the area of town I was working in. But, for me, it lacked two essentials - coffee in the room and some sort of continental breakfast in the lobby to get me started before I headed out to my day's work (I'm an artist exhibiting at various art shows across the country). Finding out there was no coffee in the room was the real bummer. I found out later that you can have coffee in the room if you book one of their 'larger' rooms/suites, but I didn't know that at the time of booking through hotels.com. The good things about this motel were the low price, the friendly & helpful staff, free wireless in the room, the updated curved shower curtain rod and a very good strong shower. The negatives were the lack of coffee in the room; uncomfortable bed; very very slow wireless (albeit free); the lack of any continental breakfast in the lobby; the annoying wall light switches which seemed to nearly require a pair of pliers to operate and the pathetic little travel packet of kleenex on the vanity instead of a full box.

Room Tip: If you want coffee in your room, specifically ask for one of the few that has it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
i0135, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear RoadTripper1211,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof.

We are now undergoing a Full Renovation which should be completed in March 2013. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Ava
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is strictly a "no frills" place to stay, but it was close to The Hill with all its wonderful Italian restaurants and also close to the Missouri Botanical Gardens.
I had an accessible room which worked great for me. It was clean, but the furnishings were dated. It was right on I-44, but our room was quiet. The bed was comfortable and we both slept well.
The total cost for a room for two, including tax, was around $72. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the side of hotel away from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
i0135, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear HillbillyTightwad ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. I would like you to know that we now undergoing a Full Renovation where we will have all new rooms!!! We are so excited about this!! We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Wichita, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good location and a much lower price than other nearby hotels. On the surface the room was clean but you could tell it wasn't deep cleaned. I didn't look too hard, because sometimes not knowing is better. The bathroom was decently clean though. The staff was friendly and the location was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jenniferhogan3,

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We have some great information! We are now undergoing a Full Renovation that should be completed in March 2013. It would be my pleasure in seeing you in your future travels.

Red Roof Inn - St Louis - Forest Park

Been to Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue? Share your experiences!