“Great hospitality!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Oakland, CA
“Great hospitality!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The staff here is great, they are really what makes it shine. The place is a little dated, but it does the job. The front desk staff was so friendly and helpful, they were fun to talk to and joke around with when we were checking in and out, and they held on to our bags on the last day when we had time in St. Louis but a late flight. The room itself was just fine - we made a late reservation and were stuck with a sort of odd room by the elevators. Long bathroom with no fan but LOTS of windows - strange, but it worked. Fridge and microwave in the room was a bonus, that's not as common now in basic rooms and we appreciated having it. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our Route 66 trip. It is an excellent value for the price. Free parking. Free breakfast. Free reception in the evening with wine, beer, and snacks, as well as free popcorn and soft drinks. The wifi was fast. It is located a few blocks west of Union Station, so it's a bit of a walk to the Arch, but well worth it given the price and amenities. The room was large and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I currently work for Wingate Hotels and had originally booked a super 8 for our stay, since I got a discounted rate through my hotel. Well let's just say I will NEVER stay at a super 8 my entire life!! It was the worst hotel I had ever seen!! So I was on the search for a new hotel and since I had previously worked for Drury they were the first hotels I looked at. Luckily we found this hotel for the 4th of July at the last minute! Everything was great! Everyone is extremely friendly and very helpful!! My only disappointment is that I wish you had the dinner like Drury does. But I understand you're a Pear Tree :) so thanks for a great stay!

Stayed July 2014
swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Liked this Hotel immediately. Polite, friendly, helpful and happy staff in a good location. Good clean room, bathroom and very comfortable beds. We spent two nights and enjoyed the facilities and this friendly city. Its relatively near to the St Louis Arch, Busch Stadium and the wonderful Schlafly Tap Room. There were freebie evenings with beer, wine and snacks. Very good. This Hotel met all my expectations but one. My partner and I were driving Route 66 and needed to be on the road by 06.30 at the latest. Unfortunately, the Breakfast didn't start until 07.00 on a Saturday so rather than delay our journey we went without Breakfast until later in the day. it was the only small "fly in the ointment". A minor one that wouldn't deter me from staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had trouble finding it at first. Our sat nav took us to Market Street in the middle of a getto. A little scary.They were doing a lot of road works on the motor way and a lot of the exits were closed. So trouble all round. We stayed in 17 hotels on our holiday doing route 66 and this was one of the better hotels. We were able to walk into the center and to the arch and walked back so it is a very convenient location. You can see the arch easily from the hotel. The room was very comfortable and spacious. Free soft drinks and snacks are available at 5.30pm, which I thought was a nice touch. Ask at reception for a free safety deposit box. Really great microbrewery within a 5 min walk (Schlafly Brewery, great food).

Room Tip: We had a room on the 9th floor, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife found this place for our trip to St. Louis to see Busch Stadium in our little adventure to see all the Major League Baseball stadiums. The hotel is located less than 2 miles from Busch Stadium and Gateway Arch both of which you can see from hotel. About 20 mins after we checked in, my wife dropped her cellphone on tile floor breaking the screen. We went down to front desk and asked what was the best way to get to TMobile store that was about 2 miles away and it was raining cats and dogs so we didn't want to walk. The Assistant Manager, Jason was at the desk, over heard our plight and said he was finishing his shift and headed home and he could drop us off. What? Are you joking? No he wasnt. He took us and gave us info on where to eat and where to get great BBQ. We didn't get new phone but the info and suggestions Jason gave us really helped us out.
The ENTIRE hotel staff were friendly and helpful. All their help and suggestions was spot on. If you are going to be staying in St Louis and want to stay in a nice, clean hotel with super friendly staff, this is your hotel. Side note- Great Italian food is close by at Lombardos and the best BBQ I ever had is at Pappy's (ate here 3 days in a row!) also close to hotel. After this trip I have 9 stadiums left and my wife has 5. But we are going to be staying here when we return to St Louis (For the BBQ at Pappy's! Yes! It's that good).

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Freeport, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great hotel! We got a 2 room suite and it was so nice!! Clean, up to date, comfortable! Great! Evening snacks in the lobby, which I have never seen before (nachos, drinks, etc), popcorn machine all day, which the kids just loved! Nice pool area. Not a single complaint. I would definitely stay here again. Nice and quiet; great place to sleep!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Pear Tree Inn Union Station? Share your experiences!