I needed to bring my mother up to STL for medical reasons; I chose the Pear Tree Inn Union Station because it's a Drury Inn hotel, plus it's close to the hospital.
Our room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the beds were nice and comfortable. There was sufficient room to hang up and store our clothing. We had a small coffee pot, which we didn't use. There was no microwave in the room; it was my understanding that these days, a microwave is standard. Our refrigerator was very small, stored in a cabinet and it was a bit of a challenge to stoop down and get in and out of the refrigerator. Thankfully the water bottles I had purchased were small and not too tall for storage; however after we went out for a meal, we had to shuffle quite a few things so that our leftovers would fit. We ended up throwing out a couple of items that wouldn't fit.
My only true complaint is about the parking. There is an underground parking garage with security codes to get in and out, which is nice. However, the parking garage is NOT attached to the hotel, so I would drop my mother off at the hotel door and then go park the car. After parking and locking up the car, I would then have to hike up the sidewalk to get back to the hotel.
Maybe this wouldn't bother me in the spring or fall but in the extremely cold January weather, it was not comfortable.
- Also Known As:
- Pear Tree Inn Union Station Hotel Saint Louis
- Pear Tree Inn Union Station Hotel
- Hampton Inn Saint Louis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few blocks from the wonderful shops and restaurants of Union Station, this historic renovation puts you right in the heart of St. Louis. Walk to the Scott Trade Center, Busch stadium, the Citygarden or any number of attractions in the area. Pear Tree Inn offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free breakfast. We serve free continental breakfast, which includes pastries, toast, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and juices. Enjoy a refreshing drink to end your day with free drinks from 5:30 to 7 pm. Pear Tree Inn also offers free wireless Internet and free long distance calls ensuring you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Drury Hotels Company, LLC and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pear Tree Inn Union Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.