“Great Place & Greater things to come!” 4 of 5 stars

Pear Tree Inn Union Station
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2211 Market St, Saint Louis, MO 63103   |
Ranked #25 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Illinois
“Great Place & Greater things to come!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed three days. You can't hardly beat the price. You get three complimentary drinks every night between 5:30 and 7:00 and a hot breakfast each morning. The staff (Alicia, Kevin and Teresa) are the greatest A +. The only complaint I would of had was the furniture, tv and carpeting in the room were in desperate need of replacement. We did find out that the whole hotel is going to be updated to all new carpeting, new flat screen TVs and all new beds. A major overall is going to take place. I did ask if the prices were going to go up and they told me they were going to try to keep the price around the same.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this property while meeting with friends in St. Louis, and to see a Rams game. With the AAA discount, we paid $281.21 for three nights. Unlike most other hotels in downtown St. Louis, the parking is free in a secured garage. Unlike many hotels, there were numerous luggage carts to move luggage to our room. The young man that worked the front desk on the evening of 11/16/12 was quite helpful and very friendly. We had a room on the 9th floor and were pleased with the room (see pictures). The room had a refrigerator and a microwave (not common at Pear Tree Inns). As a comparison, we stayed at the Drury Inn across the street last year and we like this Pear Tree Inn from a value for the dollar aspect. We didn't eat any of the evening offerings, but the breakfast offering was quite nice for a Pear Tree Inn. I did find the discussion of personal problems by the breakfast staff to be undesirable. All of us have our things to deal with - but there is no need to speak about it loudly enough for the guests to hear all about it.

We experienced a few minor problems. One, there was a vibration that caused a sound in the HVAC unit. I put a shor on the unit to stop the noise each night. I reported this at the end of our stay. After our first night, the cleaning service did not clean the room the next day. This resulted in no tip left for the maid service. Finally, our room was near the elevators and near the scenic view of the Arch - this resulted in numerous early loud conversations that woke us earlier than we would have liked. I reported the hall noise by other guests on an online survey. The manager called to speak with me, but since I wasn't at home, he left a message. I appreciate the attempt to follow-up.

There is a sports bar and restaurant attached to the hotel called Syberg's. We ate a meal there and I recommend it. I'll post a separate review of Syberg's. Several bar& grills, as well as Union Station are within two blocks of the hotel.

A few hiccups, but overall, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east end are near the elevators and near a full window view of the Arch. This results i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lone Jack, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Staff was awesome.Easy to check in/out.Printed directions for nearby places to eat and the arch.The extra s were very nice,pop,popcorn breakfast with biscuits and gravy,bagels,scrambled eggs and more even had free beer in the evening up to 3.Location was great near arch and downtown St.Louis . We only stayed 1 night for a concert we attended but would stay here if we go back to St.Louis Marilyn and Carolyn Ascencio

The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at the Pear Tree Inn Union Station during a visit to SLU just prior to Thanksgiving. We booked through priceline but the front desk said we could also have booked a special (SLU) rate that is always offerred. The location was perfect as it was less than a 10 minute drive to the center of campus. The free parking in a hotel located in the city was a definite plus. Also appreciated was the comprehensive hot breakfast buffet and evening snacks and (three) drinks per night. We were on the 10th floor and while the hotel seemed to be busy, it was very quiet at night. The only issues that kept the hotel from being rated a 5/5 was that there were some signs of wear in our room and a faint musty smell. I have some allergy problems and felt as though I was coming down with a cold when I was in the room. Strangely enough, I always felt better as soon as I left the hotel. Still, I would probably stay there again due to the value and very pleasant, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Higher rooms seem to be quieter in addition to offerring better views. Ask for a SLU rate when book...
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I'm always hesistant on choosing a hotel for any trip so I always read reviews first. I read several good reviews on this hotel and I'm very glad we chose to stay at this one! I was very satisified with the staff, the hotel itself and all of the extras. We went on a Thursday and stayed until Sunday morning. Myself, my husband and our son who is 6 years old and our daughter who is 17 months old. It was just a family trip, we've never been to St. Louis before. My son loves popcorn and coke so that extra was definitely a bonus for all of us. We stayed in room 727 which has an excellent view of the arch right outside the room. It's at the end of the hallway. The free parking was definitely a plus considering you have to pay to park pretty much everywhere else in that city! It's not too far from the arch and the City Museum which were two reasons we went on this trip. The hot breakfast was very good and the pool area was very clean as was our room. We had a room with a king size bed and a couch bed so we didn't have lots of room to move around but it was sufficient for our needs. The pillows were very soft and fluffy so if you like a firm pillow, I'd recommend you bring your own! All of the staff members were very friendly. One thing I did not like very much was the fact that you had to go through the front lobby to get to the swimming pool. It wouldn't deter me from staying there again, but I just didn't care to walk through the lobby in my swimsuit:) It was a very quite place and I felt very safe. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, clean place to stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 727, great view of the arch and Union Station right outside the room! (its at the...
Lakenheath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Price was great because it included parking. Breakfast was great - and you get three free drinks at night (along with popcorn, chips and pretzels). Room was great. Do not listen to people saying the Arch is within walking distance (it's a good 2 miles and the area right outside the hotel is not that great, especially at night). Now saying that, the hotel is gated and parking is gated as well. The closer you get to the arch the nicer the area. Would definitely go back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodstock Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Ok place, decent deal on price otherwise I probably would be bashing the place. Staff was super, always dig a smile when checking in. Room was fair, nothing over the top. Again, at the price I paid it was cool, otherwise I wouldn't have been impressed

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Pear Tree Inn Union Station? Share your experiences!