“Convenient but not worth the money” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #64 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Brownsburg, IN
“Convenient but not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Stayed over the weekend with a group of volleyball players. Hotel is very nice, clean and nicely set up rooms. Amenities though are overpriced for I would say a family stay. Refrigerators had been removed from rooms and were available on a limited basis by request. We did not get one they were out when we checked in. Restaurants are very expensive. Internet service not included in rooms, $15 extra per day. No free parking. Concierge was completly useless, she sent us to 2 Italian restaurants that were out of business. Probably a good hotel for business travelers. But for a family stay for a weekend or ? I would recommend the Drury Inn around the corner. Rates are about the same but free bfast, wireless, parking etc. Rooms at the Radisson are although very nice, are very small. No place to really sit and relax in the room. We also had a room behind a wall adjacent to the elevator and could hear the elevator running up and down all night, not real loud just enough to be annoying. Again, it was not that it wasn't a nice place, just again wouldn't recommend it for families or group travel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

We stayed here for a short family vacation in February and loved it. It was very easy to get to the hotel from the airport using the Metro. The best Metro stop for the hotel is the Convention stop, only two blocks away. The hotel is very close to the Arch and the Lacledes Landing area of restaurants. Great location. The hotel was very clean and well kept. The lobby especially was beautiful. Our room was very large but the mattresses were old and sunken. Sleeping was not good. Overall, a great stay and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

We stayed in the suites and it was in a great location, easy to get to and from. We parked the car and walked everywhere. The bed was amazing, I felt like a princess sleeping in this bed with plush down comforter and pillows. The decor of the room was beautiful. I found it on special on expedia at the time for $99 a night!

Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

This is a typical business hotel. Everything functions properly, but nothing to write home about. The hotel is very well located in the gentrifying area of downtown St. Louis, and very well located for rail connections from the airport (the station is two stops away). The breakfast buffet was bountiful, and well priced. I really appreciated being given the option to purchase the "healthy" buffet, when all I wanted was a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
FreqSETraveler
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

Stayed here during the annual NSDC conference during the first part of December 2009. Woke up on the 3rd morning with "bumps" all over my chest and legs. Thought it might have been an allergic reaction to the laundry detergent, so just started taking benedryl. Only stayed another day or two and figured it would clear up after I left the hotel. After I was home for 24 hours and the bumps seemed to be getting worse, I went to the doctor. Unfortunately, she let me know that I had been bitten by bed bugs. Had to strip everything off my bed, wash all my clothes, etc. I am a very clean person and have never even had lice. This was a very traumatic and expensive ordeal to go through. I know hotels have a lot of people going in and out of them, but there must be some way to deal with/prevent this?!?

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Fortuna, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

My wife and I had a great time for our first trip to St. Louis. One reason was the friendliness of the staff at the Renaissance. The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant in the hotel was wonderful as was the bar. We plan on returning since we enjoyed out 3 nights there. Thank you staff at the Renaissance Grand!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

This hotel was amazing. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are nicely appointed. I also love the Aveda bath products..they're the best! Breakfast at Capri was great and filling. They unfortunately were not offering the buffet during our stay, but the menu choices were still great. There is a nice bar that had a full house after the Sunday night football game and the Starbuck's is great too. The concierge was quite helpful with directions when we were about to head out of the wrong door for where we were going. The only thing I didn't like was the check in agent's sort of "annoyed" demeanor. He just wasn't overly friendly or smiling like all the other employees. It sort of rubbed me the wrong way as we had just arrived, but the other staff made up for it in time. The staff in the bar was great. Even the manager came over to bring our sodas. We had small kids with us, but were allowed to sit in a smaller section for appetizers, etc. The only other thing to keep in mind is that the parking garage is across the street from the hotel. My husband didn't like this. You can pay for valet and not worry about it, or use self-parking for $14 a day and have to walk across the street up to the garage to get your vehicle. We would've preferred a garage attached to the hotel, but it was no big problem. I was also concerned about traffic since we arrived on the day of a football game at the arena just across/down the street, but it was not an issue at all. There were police everywhere to watch the crowds and assist with traffic.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!