“Nice room ... No free Wifi!?” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #59 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Washington, Illinois
“Nice room ... No free Wifi!?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The room was very nice, the was bed very comfortable, and the parking deck was close and easy to access.

But what year is it!? Why are we still paying for Wifi access in 2014? That is a ridiculous add-on cost that this hotel needs to reconsider immediately.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Executive O, Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Emiller86:

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel!

I am pleased that you enjoyed our guestroom and found our parking to be easily accessible.

Complimentary internet access is available in all of our public space areas. However, it is not complimentary in our guest rooms. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Every year we do a trade show at this hotel. I find that the hotels are a tad smaller than most we stay at. Though, the beds are comfy and it is across the street from the convention center. That makes it very convenient. Room service is expensive though isn't it everywhere!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hanover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here for two days for a company conference. This historic hotel is completely restored to its original grandeur. It attached to the convention center. It was a little bit of a walk to the meetings through an underground tunnel. The meeting staff were very friendly and helpful. My room was really huge with high ceilings and very clean. My walk to the elevator was a country mile but other than that this was a great stay for a business trip.

• Stayed February 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!! They don't show room pics for a good reason.

I called them and they said the rooms had all been redone recently, that the rooms had large flat screens and free wifi. Based on that, I made the reservation. ROOMS ARE A TOTAL DUMP. Carpet is in bad shape, desk has warped wood from all the water damage, flatscreen TV is super small. Internet access costs each person $10-17 per day. Parking is another $18/day.

When you call them, good luck understanding them. This is an inner-city hotel with inner-city residents running it. It has the look at feel of the local bus station.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel !!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Executive O, Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Than you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to be a horrible experience at our hotel. We take all feedback seriously and I sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

I apologize if you felt our room product was outdated. We are looking forward to future renovations of all guest rooms which will include new amenities.

I would be remiss, however, if I did not mention that our hotel is not located in the inner city but is conveniently located downtown adjacent to the Convention Center and close to many of the fantastic sights and restaurants that St. Louis has to offer!

Thanks again for sharing your comments with us.

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was very disapointed with my stay at this hotel. I was given poor information when I made reservations - which led to complications when I was trying to check in. The hotel did not apologize for the inconvience it placed on myself or my family. The hotel staff at the front was not friendly and when I asked for certain receipts for my business trip, I was given attitude and told that they could not accommodate my needs and were unwilling to listen to an explanation of what and why I needed what I did. The communication from the staff to the customer is awful -- there were multiple times that I was charged for unexpected items or the amount was different than what my receipt said or what I was told. I am upset that I paid the money I did for a very bad experience!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Shannon L:

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback. We deeply regret that your experience at our hotel was not a pleasant one. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further as I would like to personally address the service failures that you encountered.

I can be reached directly at 314-621-9600, ext. 5832.

Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This was the host hotel for a convention I attended in April. So convenient to the Convention Center. Two minute walk, if that!

Starbucks in lobby major plus - and a real actual Starbucks, not a satellite stand.

Lobby and room were clean. Sleep was quiet until the tornado warming! (All was well!)

Fitness center was fine. On the small size for that size hotel, but still had no wait for a treadmill. Machines are lacking, but there are free weights in the adjacent "stretching room." There is also an indoor pool.

Had a late night snack in lobby bar which was comfortable and fun. Food served there til midnight. Staff was helpful and smiling all the time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Executive O, Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay! I am pleased that you found our hotel location to be convenient, staff friendly and the amenities to your liking.

We are looking forward to a future renovation that will include a rooms renovation and an upgraded workout facility. I certainly hope that you come back and visit us when the renovations are completed.

Thanks again for providing us your comments. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Mesa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Lovely hotel; however, some of the staff is adding small amounts onto your credit card when you eat in the restaurant !!! The amount that they put through was more than the amount of the original ticket with the tip. I called them and informed them about the problem, they said they would get back with me......that was a week ago, still no word. While the amount of overcharge was small and most people would not pick up on it......just think how many times they might be getting away with it in this busy hotel!!!!! Be careful, and be sure to leave no room for them to alter the ticket.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Executive O, Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay at our hotel and your dining experience in our restaurant! I am happy that you were satisfied with the decor of our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service failure that you encountered with the tip being added incorrectly to your credit card receipt. I understand that you spoke directly with our Director of Restaurants who has personally followed up on your concerns and processed the adjustment to your credit card.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. If you would like to contact me directly to share any additional concerns, I would be happy to speak with you. I can be reached directly at 314-621-9600, ext. 5832.

Director of Hotel Operations

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!