“Friendly staff, fine stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #64 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Philadelphia, PA
“Friendly staff, fine stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This was the host hotel for a convention I attended in April. So convenient to the Convention Center. Two minute walk, if that!

Starbucks in lobby major plus - and a real actual Starbucks, not a satellite stand.

Lobby and room were clean. Sleep was quiet until the tornado warming! (All was well!)

Fitness center was fine. On the small size for that size hotel, but still had no wait for a treadmill. Machines are lacking, but there are free weights in the adjacent "stretching room." There is also an indoor pool.

Had a late night snack in lobby bar which was comfortable and fun. Food served there til midnight. Staff was helpful and smiling all the time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Executive O, Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay! I am pleased that you found our hotel location to be convenient, staff friendly and the amenities to your liking.

We are looking forward to a future renovation that will include a rooms renovation and an upgraded workout facility. I certainly hope that you come back and visit us when the renovations are completed.

Thanks again for providing us your comments. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Mesa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Lovely hotel; however, some of the staff is adding small amounts onto your credit card when you eat in the restaurant !!! The amount that they put through was more than the amount of the original ticket with the tip. I called them and informed them about the problem, they said they would get back with me......that was a week ago, still no word. While the amount of overcharge was small and most people would not pick up on it......just think how many times they might be getting away with it in this busy hotel!!!!! Be careful, and be sure to leave no room for them to alter the ticket.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Executive O, Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay at our hotel and your dining experience in our restaurant! I am happy that you were satisfied with the decor of our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service failure that you encountered with the tip being added incorrectly to your credit card receipt. I understand that you spoke directly with our Director of Restaurants who has personally followed up on your concerns and processed the adjustment to your credit card.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. If you would like to contact me directly to share any additional concerns, I would be happy to speak with you. I can be reached directly at 314-621-9600, ext. 5832.

SALISBURY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Renaissance is a little worn. Much like a elderly Madame. Still with a lot of Style. The people working here were great and made the stay very comfortable. My room had a great view of Washing ton Street over looking City Museum. Several great Pubs are in the area. I would go back.
This could have been only average if not for the people who work here.

Room Tip: Ask to see rooms, during our stay, over 300 people had different type of rooms.
Wichita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Thank you for the great stay! Everyone was so friendly at the hotel! Our room was great (huge) and the bed was comfortable! When we were loading the car we left one of my bags by the front door. We didn't realize this until we drove over 6 hours home. I called and they had my bag! Our friends that were still in town picked it up for us. Thank you to all the staff! The bag had expensive makeup and jewelry and it was all returned safely! I was so grateful!!!

Stayed March 2014
Belmont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Our annual sales conference was held at St. Louis, Missouri for the first time. Altogether, we are a total of 1500 guests for this hotel. It was a very hectic week and on the eve of our departure I requested a late checkout since we still have meetings/trainings in the morning until 11:00am. I am suffering from osteo necrosis in right hip joint and in extreme pain everyday, my co-leagues have been helping me carry training materials, merchandise, my purse and have been aiding me in going up and down the escalators. I am also walking with a cane. I explained my condition to the front office manager but she refused to allow me to have a later check out. Instead she instructed me to check in my luggages at the America convention center which is located across the street. I also informed her of the boxes of materials I have to dropped off at the UPS. She still insisted for me to haul my luggages, boxes of items and printed materials across the street. I told her I walk with a cane, she responded she will have a bellman bring a bell cart and asked me if I want it tonight. I said tomorrow at 7am. I asked how about the boxes I need to drop off at the UPS, the bellman will help me take it there. At 7am? I have arranged for other sales reps to help me after our meeting which is after 11:00. With this no compassion FOM, I will be rushed to haul my luggages across the street before our meeting starts. I have been selling to hotels for more than years and have interacted with GMs, AGMs, FOMs, DoO, DoH, EHK, DoE and CEs. By far, this front office manager is the only unaccommodating, no compassion and inconsiderate I have encountered to-date.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Executive O, Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear TheresaM:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the treatment you received from a member of our team. The treatment displayed is certainly not indicative of the type of service that we are known to provide.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you. I can be reached at 314-621-9600, ext. 5832.

Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend of wedding dress shopping.

The hotel is gorgeous, it's in a great location, the rooms are huge, the bathrooms are huge, and the staff is very kind and helpful.

Also, check out the Rooster for breakfast - it's delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed at the Grand Renaissance for the weekend and what a great Hotel. We were there for a wedding and it was so fun because of the location. The crystal Ballroom is so impressive. We had a room that made us feel like a king. The breakfast was great with all sorts of choices and lots of space. Never had to wait the staff was helpful and the room was so clean. The only down side was the parking. It was a block away and the last day it snowed. Was kind of a hassle to move bags and such to the car when we checked out. Other than that it was a great weekend.

Room Tip: Corner suites are nice and spacious.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!