“Beautiful, in the center of everything!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #60 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Des Moines
“Beautiful, in the center of everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is easily the go-to hotel in the STL area. It's huge, beautiful and couldn't be more conveniently located. Walking distance to the river, arch, convention ctr (right across the street), football and baseball stadium and lots of restaurants.

There were several large groups coming in and out while we were there (750 people checked in the first day for a conference; then there were 3 weddings that we saw on Saturday) and the staff was friendly the entire time. The front and information desk attendants were very helpful; the bar was great too - packed the whole time we were there.

If you're there on a weekend and are a light sleeper, I'd recommend asking for a room with a street-side view; the courtyard view room was within ear shot of the wedding music until midnight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable. They had charged me twice for parking and when I went to the front desk to inform them it was corrected, no questions asked. Very happy with our stay.

Northern, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was a bit worried when we pulled up to the hotel and it was flooded with guests attending different wedding receptions, but we were checked in quickly by a very professional staff and settled into our room in a jiffy! The hotel is in a great location. Just a few steps from the Arch and all of the activities that were taking place July 4th weekend. The lobby is well-appointed, as are the rooms. I really didn't notice whether the tv was a flat screen or not, to be honest. The room was very clean and fresh. I love the Aveda products, nice touch for Marriott and the service was impeccable. We had a great night sleep and were back on the road again well-rested. Thank you St. Louis staff!

Room Tip: The staff are very accommodating and friendly. Don't be afraid to ask them for advice, direction...
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel was absolutely perfect! Everyone that works there is so nice - from the front desk to the bellman that gave my kids a Capri Sun! We stayed with 2 young children - the room was beautiful and cozy. Beds were amazing. No flat screen tv, but who cares when the bed is as comfortable as it was. Aveda products in bathroom. Hotel was super busy with business travelers, not many kids, but we enjoyed our stay so much. Will stay there again and would recommend this hotel to anyone going to St. Louis.

Ames, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have been to St. Louis many times before, but I mostly stay closer to Busch Stadium. This was the first time I had stayed at this hotel and probably will be the last. As others have said, the hotel is historic and beautiful but their other areas need some work. I could deal with the small rooms and old TV, but I disliked the slow housekeeping and the lack of care from some of the employees. For example, someone had left the remnants of their breakfast outside the room and once of the glasses of juice was shattered all over the carpet. That stayed there for the entire day. Breakfast was ok but you have to wait in line just to be seated.

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance Grand hotel as part of a wedding group on July 6th, 2013. I checked into room 1428 around 4pm on Saturday night and quickly got dressed for the wedding. I was out of the hotel room until midnight attending the party. I was not outside and therefore could not have been bitten while out that evening. I woke up on Sunday morning around 530 am with my right arm feeling like it was on fire. I turned on a light and looked and there were three huge welts on my wrist and forearm. One of the welts had three small bites in a row and the others had single bites. I also had one additional bite on my other arm. I sleep with my arms under my pillow towards the top of the bed. Immediately and disgusted, I packed my bags and went downstairs to complain. The lady at reception looked at my arm and called her boss. I could hear their conversation and the receptionist told her boss that it looked like bed bugs to her. I fully intended to keep this experience quiet between the hotel and myself, but the way it was handled has caused me to share my story. I was brought to a quiet corner of the lobby and spoke with a security guard who took down my information. He agreed that it looked bad and advised me to seek medical attention if I needed. I explained that I understood that sometimes there are bed bugs in hotels but that I did not feel I should have to pay for my night staying in the hotel, considering the experience I was enduring. My arm continued to swell all day on Sunday and when I woke up on Monday morning there was a clear red line running up my arm along my vein. I was forced to postpone my road trip and go to an emergency room to be treated. The doctors in the ER confirmed the bites and told me that I had a "strep" infection from the bugs that bite me. As a result, I have to be on a strong antibiotic. I calmly spoke with Marriott claims about my experience and they promised me it would be looked into by a "third" party. Marriott claims called me back a week later to inform me that they did not find bugs and therefore was nothing they could/would do for me. I find this service to be deplorable. A hotel must be responsible for what occurs in their hotel rooms and Marriott has completely shirked responsibility in the face of medical proof. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Galesburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I need to quit reading other peoples reviews..almost cancelled this reservation, so glad I didn't. This is a "grand" hotel, beautiful lobby. I can't believe people are so picky about a TV set, no we didn't have a big flat screen, but the TV did its job. The rooms may not have been updated, but the decor fits the hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable..what more do you need? The lobby area is beautiful. The front desk was very nice and helpful,actually everyone that I dealt with was terrific, from the bell boy to the concierge. The bar is also very nice and we went there after returning from dinner. After checking out and getting on the road, I discovered that I had left my phone and iPad chargers in the room. I called the hotel, they sent someone to check, called to tell me that they found them and sent them to me UPS. I have only good things to say about our stay. I guess when you stay in an old hotel in the big city, you should expect that parking will probably not be on site and it just across the street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!