“Just got back - loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #63 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Lexington, Kentucky
“Just got back - loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Super nice for a historic hotel! Every single member of the staff I encountered was wonderful! Friendly, accommodating, professional! Kelly in housekeeping - 11th floor - give her a raise, she was great! Front desk, concierge, bar and restaurant staff, bell staff, parking - all super! Room was clean and nice - beds are very comfortable, but could use a thinner pillow option, they were a little too fluffy for my taste. My only issues were that you can only get a handicapped roll in shower with a king bed room - no rooms with 2 beds. And the rooms with 2 beds are only full size beds due to the smaller size of the rooms. Granted they are very comfortable, but I would hate to have to share one. My other issue was with the conference center and public areas - COLD! No, actually ARCTIC would be more descriptive. It was fine in the morning but I think they turn the air conditioning on later in the day. A/C in March? Very unpleasant! The ballroom off the bar is beautiful! Stick your head in if you can!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I Needed a good clean place to stay for a business trip. I have stayed in some horrible places, and needed something by the airport.
This one was clean, and very nice! Bed was comfortable, and it was the best place I have stayed in, in St Louis.
It is very upscale, and they really worked with me on the price!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is in a great location and they often have packages that include parking. The rooms were nice. However, we had rooms on the opposite side of the hotel from the elevators. If you can't walk that far, I would suggest requesting rooms closer to the elevators. All the staff we encountered were really nice. Pool area was ok. The hot tub was a little small.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the opposite side of the hotel from the elevators. If you can't walk that far...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here for an anniversary trip. The hotel was in a great location to all of the things that we wanted to do in the area. The staff was friendly and our room was nice. It was a nice stay although we did not spend much time in our room this trip. I loved that the hotel had a history, but was still very well appointed. Even the gift shop attendant was helpful and kind.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed in a room with two full beds on the sixteenth floor from 3/4/13 to 3/10/13. The view was spacious. Each bed was comfortable. There was a mini-fridge, a spacious closet and mammoth bath room with upscale fixtures. The television was not a flat screen but of good size and able to jut out into the room from its armoire. There was a nice view of the convention center and downtown St. Louis. The hotel has parking but we didn't use it at $14 per day.

We made use of the large hot tub and shallow swimming pool on the third floor but did not use the fitness facility which was compact but nice enough. We notice there were no vending machines offering snacks only soda and just two kinds on our floor. The front desk offers free whole fruit bowls by reception and chilled lemon water by the front door. No WiFi in rooms yet, only in common areas but we brought our mobile hotspot for our iPads and it worked in room just fine.

We ate in the hotel restaurant every morning and it was decent quality but incredibly over-priced with a Russian staff. I would say something that might cost $4 or $5 in a nearby cafe would cost $15-25 in the restaurant and that is after getting a 20% discount for being with a convention.

There was a pricey resort fee equal to one nights lodging that was added to our bill for a week's stay. The hotel did allow us very early check in at ten AM and late check out at one pm for no additional cost. The staff was very friendly, helpful and knew my name by the end if my stay.

Although I wouldn't eat in the hotel again due to the exorbitant prices, I will definitely stay here again at my next convention due to the walk-across-the-street convenience.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the MVC Arch Madness basketball tournament. This is a very swanky property. The lobby is gorgeous. Starbucks attached. The rooms are very nice. The bathrooms are great with plenty of incidentals provided like toothpaste, shampoo, etc. We had a large room fridge. There's a good fitness center with cardio and weights. They have a strange but very nice swimming pool and hot tub. Both are long and skinny, which is unusual especially for hot tubs. The jets weren't working the greatest on the hot tub when we were there, but that may have been fixed. Limited TV choices, but they do have pay per view and free HBO. The breakfast buffett is absolutely worth the $20 - crepe and omelette station and excellent coffee. The walk to Scottrade Center wasn't bad at all. Close to restaurants and bars on Washington Street.

PENFIELD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I went for some business and spent a night there. The friendliness of the staff was overwhelming. I couldn't say enough about how friendly and helpful they were. The cleanliness of the room was outstanding. Athough the hotel was old....it wasn't outdated. It served my needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!