“Beautiful with Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #63 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful with Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Not only is the Renaissance St. Louis one of the most beautiful hotels you'll see anywhere, the staff works extremely hard to make your visit pleasant and convenient. From the airport shuttle to the concierge service the Renaissance Grand is THE place to stay in St. Louis. Close to the convention center and the Edward Jones Arena the renaissance is where you want to be. We were there for a convention and the place was booked to capacity and the staff made sure we got dinner reservation when and where we needed them. One thing was that the food at the renaissance was a bit too expensive.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed here for a conference and I must say i was very pleased. Used very little of their services but the room was clean, nice sized (for a old hotel) and comfortable. Walked everywhere to eat. only bad experience was at the UPS store which receives all mail for the hotel. Spent two hours there trying to track down a package. I finally had to physically go into their receiving room and find it myself. Took all of two seconds.

My remote stopped working on the TV and they sent a technician up within 10 minutes. not too bad considering the hotel was at capacity. If you are staying in st. louis for a conference, its a good choice. Its across the center from the main convention center.

they have two buildings, suites and grand. I stayed at grand but they say suites have bigger rooms for same price. Not sure which is better. I did request suites but they instead put me in grand. I didn't mind because there are more services in main hotel.

Room Tip: they have two hotels. Suites and Grand.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Carrollton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is a great location, convenient to most activities downtown. Everyone is friendly and helpful at the hotel.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

The hotel is beautiful and in a great location. The arch is a short 20 minute walk and there are several restaurants and bars nearby. The area does get a bit sketchier at night, especially while you're sitting out on the patios of nearby restaurants. We were approached by panhandlers several times, though the local waitstaff usually tried to shoo them off. Cab ride from the airport is about $40, or you can take the local van service (separate from the hotel) for $22. Pros: beautiful rooms, very comfy beds, friendly and helpful staff, big workout center. Cons: no wifi in the rooms, and (at times)questionable maid service. When i first got to my room, the shampoo bottle was only half full (meaning the cleaning staff left the last guest's half used shampoo), and I saw stains on the hallway floor on a couple different levels. One night there was what appeared to be blood on several hallway walls as well. I'm sure the blood thing was an isolated event, but it still made me quesey. At all times the staff were superb and promptly attended to my issues. Everyone that worked there had a smile and was always willing to offer assistance. For that reason alone, I would definitely consider staying. Plus, I think the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've stayed in for a long time. I slept great!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Linn Creek, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

The location of this hotel is fantastic - walking distance to the Metro and many restaurants and bars. The room we had was satisfactory, although perhaps a bit dated - but really, no complaints, as this is NOT a 5-star hotel. What did stand out was the customer service at check-in and also there are always several Valets waiting to be put to work. Even when you just pull up in your car, they open the car door for you - very nice touch. When we checked in, we told the guy that we couldn't find the entrance to the hotel and we were parked across the street at the Renaissance Suites. Without hesitation, he said he'll send someone over there to get it and because of our 'problem', that we don't have to pay for the valet service ($24/day). And he made sure we got a King room instead of doubles room. Beyond that, comfy beds and fair-sized bathroom (with Aveda products) is all you need, and you'll get it here.

Room Tip: We named our own price - and it was pretty cheap!
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance Grand to attend a wedding. The wedding reception was held at Windows on Washington, which is about 6 blocks down from the Renaissance. Washington Avenue is hopping.

We thought the staff here really went out of their way to be friendly, say hello, and thank us for staying at the hotel, so that was nice. Other aspects of the stay were much less impressive.

Parking is in a parking garage across the street from the hotel. It's $14 a day, which I found really expensive.The hotel building is quite old, and our room was quite oddly shaped. No view at all. The lighting in our room was poor. A bottle of Evian water was available, for only $3. The bathroom was gigantic, but half of the space was unused--just extra cavernous tiled bathroom space with nothing in it. Our room had no views whatsoever. Appreciated the in room fridge, but it froze our cokes. The cost of internet access was also $14 per day, which just seems greedy.

Our first night, a Wednesday, the regular room charge was $150. The next nights, we had the wedding group rate, $115. The final night we were scheduled to stay was going to be $180. The hotel did not offer a CAA/AAA discount. I tried to negotiate with them on the charges for the first and last night, but they wouldn't come down. Then I found out that one of the guys in the wedding party had in fact talked them down, to the wedding rate for all four nights. I wonder if I couldn't get a deal because I'm a woman? I left after three nights and stayed with family.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

This was our first time to St Louis. The hotel is located on the edge of the downtown core and it made it easy to walk to Busch Stadium, the Arch Park and to area restaurants. The hotel is very comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel showed up a PriceLine bid and we weren't disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!