“Air Force travel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express St. Louis

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express St. Louis to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express St. Louis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2625 Lafayette Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63104 (Lafayette Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #70 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Anderson, South Carolina
“Air Force travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was driving cross country with my son who was going to his new Air Force base in Utah. This was one of the stops on the way there, it was in what seemed to be a good location, price was average and service was good. I really have not stayed in a bad Holiday Inn Express so far, but im sure their is one out there i just have not been to one yet.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pueblo West, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a good place to stay and not far from downtown. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. We opted to park our car and take a taxi to Union Station...then set out on foot. The staff at this property was very courteous.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Ozark, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel is in an area that is in transition. Lot's of boarded up or abandoned buildings in the area, It is very convenient to I-44 though. You probably don't want to stay here without a vehicle. There is a McDonalds within walking distance, but not much else.
Standard HIE; nothing exceptional in terms of accommodations or personnel.

Room Tip: Since it's bordered on all sides by fairly busy streets, probably the best rooms face to the Wes...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

my husband and i recently spent three nights at the holiday inn express st. louis. the room was a nice size with king size bed + a sitting chair with ottoman. the bath was also large with nice towels and toiletries added. it was very pleasant. cable tv; nice breakfast with hot food; a paper at the door each morning. the front desk were helpful and kind at our requests. definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This property is conveniently located near the 44 freeway...easy access to everywhere.

The only thing that I want to mention is their shameful posting that they be rated 'EXCELLENT' in the survey that guests receive. Large framed signs by the elevators that basically say anything other than an excellent score is failing. 'Please let us know what we can do to make your stay EXCELLENT.'

just seems strange....so if you want''excellent'' from me: Hire a friendlier breakfast worker---you know,,,one that says ''good morning'', rotates the milk properly, has butter available for the biscuits, etc. Oh, and the front desk clerk in the morning NEVER looked up from what she was reading (or doing) to say ''Have a great day'' to departing guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The cleaning people seem to be doing a great job. The service was great. Employees went out of their way to help us. The rooms were large and comfortable. The rooms were very clean. We rented three rooms

However, I think management is missing details. The card reader for the back door was broken with no sign/alert. Another visitor used a rock to hold the door open. A ceiling was leaking on the first floor. We had large holes in the wall (from an old picture?) and the bath drain seemed to be snapped off (???). I thought the bath was dirty, but it was actually clean -- just a couple stains. I didn't like breakfast (no meat), and the apple juice spout delivered water. I only provide the complaints as a directon for improvement. The hotel doesn't need much for me to change to a 5 star.

The details mentioned here are only minor, and would not affect my decision to stay here again. The hotel worked out great for our group. I liked the clean and roomy rooms.

Room Tip: Consider breakfast elsewhere.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Misawa, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here one night, after flying all day from Great Britain. Having lived in England, we know about bad customer service. But after we checked out after our one-night stay, the staff went ahead and checked my parents out, too (although they had a confirmed booking). And when I thought I had left something quite valuable behind in my room (my engagement ring) I called and left voice mail messages FOR THREE DAYS and never received a response from the manager about whether it had been found. The desk staff were not able to tell me whether the ring had been located, and were not capable of ringing me through to the manager's voice mail. One desk clerk did not know the manager's extension number, and told me she was not able to give me the manager's email address. I would never recommend that anyone stay here. I like to support businesses trying to make it in a scrappy neighborhood, but this one is not trying at all. It's a terrible hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else entirely!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Louis, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Strovis,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry for the unacceptable service you received. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.
Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express St. Louis? Share your experiences!