“Worst customer service ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express St. Louis

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express St. Louis to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express St. Louis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2625 Lafayette Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63104 (Lafayette Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #70 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Misawa, Japan
“Worst customer service ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here one night, after flying all day from Great Britain. Having lived in England, we know about bad customer service. But after we checked out after our one-night stay, the staff went ahead and checked my parents out, too (although they had a confirmed booking). And when I thought I had left something quite valuable behind in my room (my engagement ring) I called and left voice mail messages FOR THREE DAYS and never received a response from the manager about whether it had been found. The desk staff were not able to tell me whether the ring had been located, and were not capable of ringing me through to the manager's voice mail. One desk clerk did not know the manager's extension number, and told me she was not able to give me the manager's email address. I would never recommend that anyone stay here. I like to support businesses trying to make it in a scrappy neighborhood, but this one is not trying at all. It's a terrible hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else entirely!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Louis, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Strovis,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry for the unacceptable service you received. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.
Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Zelyn N

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Pretty average for a Holiday Inn. Rooms were clean. But the first room we stayed in had a broken hair dryer and then we discovered after a day that the door was not locking. Moved us into a second room with a very noisy air conditioner that rattled. Was happy to leave after 2 nights. I've stayed here before and had a better experience.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The staff was very helpful and the room was very quiet. This hotel is near Lafayette Square and near the interstate. It was very convenient to everything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chandler, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This did not meet our expectations for Holiday Express. It is a bit weary. The quirky room was clean and presentable and food was good. However Internet access was less than marginal on the second floor and the problem was not my computer - since everything worked in the lobby. Other annoying rooms quirks were blinking telephone message light for two days, defective lamp, conduit hanging outside the window and non-working second floor ice machine.

The hotel location is great for downtown access and the old-town surrounding buildings are interesting to see.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor but plan to access the Internet from the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Louis, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear dalichandler,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased you liked your breakfast and found your room clean and comfortable. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced regarding the room amenities and hotel facility. I truly value the comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your review.

Zelyn N.
IHG Care
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

I asked for a holiday inn express because I am a priority club member and wanted a hotel close to my business location. It is not a great location for anything else. Hotel is older with some new finishes. The shower handle was loose from the wall. Okay rooms and clean. I would not stay again or recommend it, but it worked for one night.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Louis, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Fordmouse,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!! I normally do not write bad reviews but I would NEVER recommend this hotel and will NEVER stay with them again. Management is rude and unprofessional. They have terrible customer service and do not honor their deals. Do not waste your time/money/efforts here, there are plenty of other nice hotels in STL where you can get good service.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Louis, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear KDHADH,

Ben J
IHG Care
burnsville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

check in was fine, When i went to check out had a few complains and i was letting the Indian speaking lady know , she dismissed everything i said and had the attitude of if you don't like it don't stay here. She didn't care. The rooms where over priced, if i wanted to pay what i payed i would have stayed in the city at a nicer hotel, the rooms where just standards rooms nothing special. The 3rd flood is hot and smells nasty. The Pool looks like it is under construction. One more thing the location on this place is bad, my buddy that lives here said i was lucky no one broke into my car. I will never stay here again due to the prices, location and poor staff. I will stay in the city where the location is better and prices are the same but nicer hotels

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Louis, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear s w,

I am deeply sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your comments and feedback are very valuable as they help us determine what areas need improvement.

Katie J
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express St. Louis? Share your experiences!