“Not safe- stay elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars
Review of St. Louis City Center Hotel

You added St. Louis City Center Hotel to your Saves list
St. Louis City Center Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South 14th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Formerly Sheraton City Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #74 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sauk City, Wisconsin
“Not safe- stay elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

On fourth day of our stay I left my tween-age boys in the room while I went to the front desk to buy some ibuprofen. Shortly after I left a man entered our room, seemed confused asking if my sons knew where his friend was. They said no and the man left. The man did not knock before entering the room and had a key to our room. I immediately called guest services and they sent a maintenance person up to read our room lock to see who it was. After reading the lock The maintenance person said it was an employee but they would investigate the situation. Later that evening I spoke with the manager on duty and security who told me it was a former guest who had just checked out. Per the security guard, after watching surveillance tapes they where able to track they guy down in the restaurant and confirm he was a former guest. When I asked why a former guest who would have checked out four days ago would still be doing at the hotel both the manager on duty and the security guard seemed surprised to learn that I had not just checked in.

I'm not sure what is going on at this place but I would not stay there again even if it was free. We slept with our stroller and cooler in front of the door the last night of our stay. I didn't sleep a wink that night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Again, I am sorry for all of the inconvenience that this caused. I also appreciate your feedback while we were responding to this problem while you were still at the hotel. Should you like to discuss this matter further, please reach out to me at the email address below.

st.louis@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I was recently in town to visit a friend and stayed at this wonderful place. I walked in and was immediately greeted by the most exuberant and lovely young lady named Kim Robinson. She had the most outstanding personality and a smile that lit up the place. She was knowledgeable, patient and eager to please. The entire staff was this way, however, Kim stood out above the rest. I will definitely be back to stay with customer service like this.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your Sheraton St. Louis experience. I am glad that such great associates like Kim at the front desk made a difference in your visit. I will make sure she sees your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Maplewood, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Check in was confusing and overcrowded, not well organized in the lobby. We had some problems immediately after check-in, but to their credit they were corrected. But there is NO excuse for not having enough towels in a room, and even after requesting, we were supplied with the exact minimum number requested. Internet was "down", and I had to call a couple of times to be connected. (And why are chains like Sheraton STILL charging for internet??) Then had to call to have a missing remote replaced, and the other remote supplied with new batteries! Room itself was nice, no problems there. Nice televisions, good shower, and comfortable bed (too soft for me, most seem to prefer this however). Location was a bit far from some attractions, but is close for hockey and acceptable for baseball. It is not in a good location for a lot of choices in restaurants, nightlife, breakfast, etc.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
I appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent stay. I am glad that you found value in the room however I do regret the small mishaps the occured during your stay. I have addressed you needs with my operations team so that things like this do not happen again. We are correcting the internet issue as we speak. While there was a delay in connection, you should have been able to connect. None the less an inconvenience that we regret. The next time you join us I am sure all will be working as usual.
Again, we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts.

Bettendorf, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Left room around 11am for day downtime and a game. Room had not been cleaned. When we returned around 10pm to find our clothes removed from our suitcase (located in closest) and spralled on top of made beds. Daughter's bill fold was left open and cash removed. Thankfully we had most of money on us and it was only approx $50. Manager offered to take care of cost of parking (approx $55) however, this was not done. Internet service is from the lobby only and real inconvenient. Will look for a different place next time we visit.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
We take these matters very seriously. A representative from the hotel will be contacting you shortly.

Manito, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Maggie and all guest service people were great. We asked for directions Friday morning from the valet staff and they were perfect. The man who gave us directions was on duty at 0930-1000. He had worked close by Bass Pro Shop before and we could not remember his name. He went the extra 10 miles to help . Always helpful and smiling. What a great crew you have on staff. We will be back. My daughters wedding was wonderful. Deb and Robin St Clair

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
First and foremost, I am glad to hear that your daughter's wedding was enjoyed by all. I appreciate how you have taken the time to share your thoughts about our associates. I will share your comments on how they made your stay with us memorable.
We hope to see you back soon.

Channahon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Rooms were comfortable and clean. Service at the 8th Floor Club lounge was great. Kudos to Fred Montgomery. Very polite and helpful. Always greeted you with a smile and accomodated your every request. Very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the club lounge. I will share with Fred your comments. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

The main reason, beyond being SPG members, we selected this hotel was because of its proximity to St. Louis' fantastic MetroLink system. If you plan on being generally within the immediate vicinity of downtown and fly into the city, there is almost no reason for renting a car. We just hoped off of our flight and jumped onto the MetroLink system, and after around 30 minutes or so we arrived at the foot of the hotel. The staff outside delightfully welcomed us, and we proceeded to a swift check-in. Since no rooms were available at our 9:30 AM arrival (understandably), the staff was happy to hold our luggage.

Beyond the hotel's proximity to the light rail system, the hotel is within walking distance of virtually anything notable downtown, although beyond the JNEM and Busch Stadium, downtown St. Louis doesn't seem to have too much to offer. Unfortunately we didn't explore too much downtown as we were busy with other commitments and exploring other parts of the city (including the huge Forest Park with all of its museums and zoo - highly recommended), so I could be wrong.The hotel was packed with Lady Gaga fans, so a major concert venue must have been close.

When we did check in to the hotel, we were welcomed with a massive room. Lots of room for all three of us. Opening our blinds, we were quite surprised to find that our view was of the ground floor of an indoor courtyard. A little disappointing. The room didn't seem like it had completely received the Sheraton face-lift, but overall the room was very nice, including Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds.

The athletic facilities were very adequate, lots of machines in athletics and a spacious indoor pool and whirlpool. The restaurant was, well, a hotel restaurant. Way overpriced breakfast, but there didn't seem to be any alternatives close-by.

For the price we paid, this hotel provided everything we needed, and more, but if you can afford a few extra bucks, the Westin a few blocks down the street might be a little bit better choice.

• Stayed July 2010
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad that you found value in both our location to all of the sights of St. Louis as well as our spaceous rooms. I also apprecaite your comments about our friendly associates. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

St.louis@sheraton.com

Been to St. Louis City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!