On fourth day of our stay I left my tween-age boys in the room while I went to the front desk to buy some ibuprofen. Shortly after I left a man entered our room, seemed confused asking if my sons knew where his friend was. They said no and the man left. The man did not knock before entering the room and had a key to our room. I immediately called guest services and they sent a maintenance person up to read our room lock to see who it was. After reading the lock The maintenance person said it was an employee but they would investigate the situation. Later that evening I spoke with the manager on duty and security who told me it was a former guest who had just checked out. Per the security guard, after watching surveillance tapes they where able to track they guy down in the restaurant and confirm he was a former guest. When I asked why a former guest who would have checked out four days ago would still be doing at the hotel both the manager on duty and the security guard seemed surprised to learn that I had not just checked in.
I'm not sure what is going on at this place but I would not stay there again even if it was free. We slept with our stroller and cooler in front of the door the last night of our stay. I didn't sleep a wink that night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Louis City Center Hotel is a beautifully appointed hotel in the heart of downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your St. Louis City Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton City Center St. Louis Hotel Saint Louis
- Sheraton Hotel Saint Louis
- Sheraton Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Sheraton