“Nice but overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of St. Louis City Center Hotel

You added St. Louis City Center Hotel to your Saves list
St. Louis City Center Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South 14th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Formerly Sheraton City Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$70 (USD)
Ranked #74 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maplewood, New Jersey
“Nice but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Check in was confusing and overcrowded, not well organized in the lobby. We had some problems immediately after check-in, but to their credit they were corrected. But there is NO excuse for not having enough towels in a room, and even after requesting, we were supplied with the exact minimum number requested. Internet was "down", and I had to call a couple of times to be connected. (And why are chains like Sheraton STILL charging for internet??) Then had to call to have a missing remote replaced, and the other remote supplied with new batteries! Room itself was nice, no problems there. Nice televisions, good shower, and comfortable bed (too soft for me, most seem to prefer this however). Location was a bit far from some attractions, but is close for hockey and acceptable for baseball. It is not in a good location for a lot of choices in restaurants, nightlife, breakfast, etc.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
I appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent stay. I am glad that you found value in the room however I do regret the small mishaps the occured during your stay. I have addressed you needs with my operations team so that things like this do not happen again. We are correcting the internet issue as we speak. While there was a delay in connection, you should have been able to connect. None the less an inconvenience that we regret. The next time you join us I am sure all will be working as usual.
Again, we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts.

st.louis@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Bettendorf, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Left room around 11am for day downtime and a game. Room had not been cleaned. When we returned around 10pm to find our clothes removed from our suitcase (located in closest) and spralled on top of made beds. Daughter's bill fold was left open and cash removed. Thankfully we had most of money on us and it was only approx $50. Manager offered to take care of cost of parking (approx $55) however, this was not done. Internet service is from the lobby only and real inconvenient. Will look for a different place next time we visit.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
We take these matters very seriously. A representative from the hotel will be contacting you shortly.

Manito, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Maggie and all guest service people were great. We asked for directions Friday morning from the valet staff and they were perfect. The man who gave us directions was on duty at 0930-1000. He had worked close by Bass Pro Shop before and we could not remember his name. He went the extra 10 miles to help . Always helpful and smiling. What a great crew you have on staff. We will be back. My daughters wedding was wonderful. Deb and Robin St Clair

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
First and foremost, I am glad to hear that your daughter's wedding was enjoyed by all. I appreciate how you have taken the time to share your thoughts about our associates. I will share your comments on how they made your stay with us memorable.
We hope to see you back soon.

Channahon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Rooms were comfortable and clean. Service at the 8th Floor Club lounge was great. Kudos to Fred Montgomery. Very polite and helpful. Always greeted you with a smile and accomodated your every request. Very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the club lounge. I will share with Fred your comments. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed for two nights, and absolutely loved the amenities, the room, and the serenity of this hotel. Magnificent and well-equipped hotel gym, with treadmills overlooking the Gateway Arch. Fast in-room wireless, and clean bathrooms with plenty of hot water in the remarkably LARGE rooms - truly, my entire family would have been very comfortable in it. The bed was superb too. When in the room, I couldn't hear a peep from the outside world - darkening curtains aided much needed sleep, and the barman knew his trade. I'd stay here again in a pinch - a great Sheraton. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Truly enjoyed the hotel! Checked in, front desk clerk very pleasant. Got up to the room, was very impressed with the overall cleanliness and layout! Enough room for 3 ladies to put all their items away. The wet bar area was definitely a plus. Only bad comment I had was that I called down for toiletries, and the clerk said "it would be better if you come down because you may not get the items". It wasn't an issue to go down, but I was taken back by the answer. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding the friendliness of our associates and the cleanliness of the hotel. I appreciate you you have taken the time to share your thoughts. I will definately address the response you receieved when requesting toiletries.
We hope to see you back soon.

NW Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Man, oh man, this was an AWESOME hotel. Quite honestly, this is the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've been to some nice hotels. Okay, I've been to some real dives, too. But this place is second to none.
First of all, it was spotlessly clean. While it may be an older building, the upkeep was very good. If I had to get nit-picky, there were a few black scuff marks on the wall, but nothing bad. Our linens were fresh and very clean. The tub was clean. Even the cloth shower curtain (which if you've read my other hotel reviews, I can't stand) didn't smell funny.
The front desk staff was beyond friendly. I guess when staying at a hotel of this price range, I expect the staff to be helpful, but this staff went above and beyond. We had many questions, having never been to St. Louis before. They were patient with our questions and when they couldn't answer a question right away, they found the answer quickly for us.
My mattress was memory foam. I don't think I've ever slept that good in my life. Honestly, when I discovered it was memory foam in the afternoon, I actually LOOKED FORWARD to going to sleep that night. And sleep I did. ZZZzzzzzz. Nice fluffy pillows, too.
The fotness center and indoor pool were impressive. The pool is not a tiny little thing, either. It's indoor on the top floor. The pool area was very clean and well maintained.
We had a club level room which entitled us to appetizers and drinks starting at 5:00. The bar staff was as friendly as the front desk staff. Even when they were swamped, they maintained a professional and friendly attitude.
We walked to everything downtown from the hotel. Many restaurants, the arch, and many parks were within a short, easy walking distance.
Literally everything about this hotel impressed me. I will go back and would recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone staying in St. Louis. My one regret is that we didn't stay longer. When we're in St. Louis again, it won't even be a choice, we'll be staying in the downtown city center Sheraton.
SIDE NOTE - We we across the street from the Scottrade Center (where the hockey team - the Blues play) and just a few short walking blocks from Busch Stadium (where the Cardinals play) so if you're a sports fan and in town for a game, you'll love the location of the Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
RSwick, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Wow! Thank you for the great review and don't forget to come back and visit your new favorite hotel again soon!

Been to St. Louis City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!