“Nothing special in the Good Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of St. Louis City Center Hotel

You added St. Louis City Center Hotel to your Saves list
St. Louis City Center Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South 14th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Formerly Sheraton City Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #74 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lodz
“Nothing special in the Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Good location if you want to be near the train station, 15 minute walk to the center of town (Cardinals Stadium, Arch). Train to airport. But the hotel is nothing special. I encountered several problems with the staff: the receptionist was not helpful at all.
Room seems a bit dated and not clean, old furniture.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
I am sorry to hear that you had problems during your stay with us. I will definately share your thoughts with the operations team so that we can improve. The instances that you speak to are not regular occurances. I do hope that you will give us another try sometime soon.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

st.louis@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Springfield, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I had reserved my room online. I had requested 2 queen beds, since it was my husband, 2 kids and me. When we arrived I asked if they received my request for the 2 beds and they said yes but they were out of that room. He offered me a suite at the same price. I really appreciated this and will remember it next time I book for STL.
Great pool also, it was busy but with it being so large didn't feel full.
Thanks again for working with me!!
Only complaint is there are no microwaves in the room. I am on a Dr regulated diet and required to eat the programs meals. I was unable to warm up my food, unless I wanted to pay $20 to rent one over night. I wish they had a public one in the lobby or one I could use without the additional cost. We ended up having to use Panera or the gas stations.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your Sheraton St. Louis experience. I am disappointed that we did not offer another option to assit you with your speacial dietary needs. I will definately address this item.
We hope to see you again soon. Once again, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Orting, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

This hotel was perfectly located for my activities, though now that I have some better ideas of the layout of STL, I would look elsewhere for a place to stay, as the nightly price is high for what you get. Don't get me wrong, the place is great, but I can get the same cushy atmosphere for 1/2 the cost within a close proximity.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
I appreciate your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your encounters with the team members here at the hotel. I am sorry that you did not find value for the rate that you paid. Please be sure to stay in touch with us so that you are aware of specials that we offer during certain seasons.

We hope to see you back soon.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

I recently stayed at this Sheraton on the night of Starz On Ice. Valet service was super friendly, and check in was fast. We asked for a room with a view,and we were given a suite without the 20 dollar upgrade charge! The room was beautiful, and the beds were very comfortable. The food is also excellent at this location, I ate a late dinner and breakfast and both were delicious...the waitresses at both locations even filled my soda cup for free! I plan on booking this hotel every year .. I formerly stayed at the union station hotel for my annual show at the Scottrade, but this hotel beats them in every way!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2010
I am thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your Sheraton St. Louis experience. I will definately share your thoughts with the entire team. Thank you also for sharing your thoughts on line. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
RKravitz
Pineville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

We wanted something comfy to hang out in after travelling 4 1/2 hours, but with cloudburst after cloudburst and tornado warnings in every town, it took us 6 hours to get there. But the service was excellent and we were more than pleased with our room. I read somewhere that this place was dated and if that's the case ALL hotel rooms should be dated. Our room was a suite with more square footage than my first two homes, with and without wheels. As our boys have grown we usually have trouble plugging everything in and getting around without bumping into each other and walls and beds etc. The beds were super comfortable,, the bathroom large and clean with sinks in another room. There was a wetbar and the crushed ice was the best ever. We just wish we were staying a few more days and are already trying to plan another, longer trip to St. Louis using this place for a base.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our large guest rooms and The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper comfortable. I will share your comments with the rest of the team here. We look forward to your return.
Warm Regards,
RKravitz
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

A friend and I drove from Detroit to St. Louis for a Cardinals game and I chose this hotel for the price/location. Getting there was a little tricky as the exit from the expressway was closed and the hotel was located right across the street from the Amtrak station, so there was a lot more traffic than expected. Check in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a suite and I wasn't terribly impressed, very plain, some wall paper peeling, some dried in stains in the carpet and couch. For the price, I couldn't complain (although the club rooms had more amenities for the same price, but was not informed of that when making reservations). The view was of the expressway and train station, not the city view I had hoped for, but they were full for the weekend. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have EVER slept in, other than the constant road/train noise being located right on top of the expressway.
The staff is the reason I decided to write this review though. Everyone from the bartenders, valet attendants, cleaners, and especially the front desk was friendly and inviting, Every person we passed greeted us with a smile and a pleasant greeting. The second evening of our stay, I had an emergency come up and we had to leave right away. The front desk was extremely busy but when I came up there, they treated me as if I was the only person in the lobby and seemed genuinely concerned. I asked if there was any way they could somehow cut me a break for the second night. They stated that according to policy, they could not authorize that as the person responsible for that was not available on weekends, but even before we finished talking, they were sending out an email and getting my contact info to the necessary parties. Although they couldn't do anything right then and there, I felt that they were truly concerned and involved. In a stressful/worrisome situation, their professionalism and courtesy was second to none and a helpful send off on a 9 hour drive home.
My next trip to St. Louis, I won't hesitate to stay there again, and it's the staff that sold me on the place. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
RSwick, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
Thank you, ViperTruck195, for the great review! We know you have many options here in St. Louis and are glad that it's the friendliness of our staff that really sets us apart. (Not to mention the very comfortable bed!) We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Happy travels!

R. Swick
Burlington, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

My family and I were in town for the Cardinals home opener and I have to share my thoughts with you. From the time we arrived we were very impressed. Andy, the valet manager, had amazing customer service and interacted easily with our children. He's defintely an asset to your team! When we checked in the front desk associate was courteous and accomodating. She was able to give us directions and suggested places of interest while we were in town.

Our room was above average and the beds were super comfortable. The pool area was also nice for the kids. As with some other reviews, breakfast in the morning could have been a bit more substantial. When we go down there, things were pretty much picked over. All in all our stay was great, please pass on to Andy our thanks as he started our stay off in such a positive manner.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Thank you Iowa_Mommy_1 for sharing your experience. We're delighted to hear that our staff made your stay more enjoyable and that your stay was a success. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Happy travels!

R. Swick
st.louis@sheraton.com

Been to St. Louis City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!