“COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Louis City Center Hotel

You added St. Louis City Center Hotel to your Saves list
St. Louis City Center Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South 14th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Formerly Sheraton City Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$70 (USD)
Ranked #74 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
St louis, MO
“COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

My husband and i were celebrating our 30th anniversary. when we arrived at this hotel our first impression was wow the decor is lovely- the clerk that checked us in was very nice . when we entered our room it was very cold- the thermostat read 65. we turned up the heat to 90, and dcided to go to pool/jacuzzi and relax, we returned to the room about 1 hr later and the temp had not changed, so we left again, for dinner, when we return the temp was 67!!!!! we waited a couple of hours and no change, this visit was in FEB- and it was below 20 outside. i called the front desk and clerk said - we will change your room---well to make a long story short we had to change rooms 3 times, and the clerk that evening was very annoyed that i kept calling her- i had to ask her to make sure the next room is warm and that the heat worked- she told us to get some blankets and wait until about 3am and see if room warms up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- needless to say we were very upset- i asked her for a manger and she said - you have to wait until morning- i asked her to note my account she said just ask for manager in AM!!!!- of course i did and all that he offered was free breakfast!- so my husband called the corprate office, and we were given a preferred guest card with enough points for free night stay- AND after that the entire staff was very nice- and friendly AND accomodating- even giving us complimentary soda, and meds- by theway the manager gave us a $30.00 crdit on our rooom account for dinner. We extended our stay, and was very pleased after that.. we will visit this location again!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
You message is loud and clear as disappointing as it is; we did not respond to your needs in a timely manner. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I apologize for our lack of follow-through. I have addressed your comments with my operations team so that this does not happen again. This is not the experience that we want to be known for.

I am glad that you will return. I assure you a much more relaxing experience.

Rkravitz
st.louis@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

This hotel has the cheapest service i've ever encountered. At the club lounge, breakfast is served until 11 am. There were 3 groups of people, total of 7) who I guess wanted to eat breakfast and nothing was left except for 4 pcs of bread w cheese, 2 bagels, 3 cupcakes and few pcs of cantaloupes. Coffee pot was already empty. There was a staff but was just sitting and watching tv instead of filling some food at the counter. At some hotels that i have stayed in, breakfast is so inviting, you can see a lot of choices. Again i went around night time to get some coffee, there was no paper cup to get some coffee to go and there was only 1 splenda left. I guess, none of the staff was checking it. One afternoon, i passed by a hotel staff but never said hi. She's a black woman. The computer that I wanted to use at the club lounge was just as old as my grandfather. This hotel cannot even buy a unit but charges a lot to clients. Will never come back here!

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
RSwick, Rooms Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2010
Thank you for the feedback about our hotel service. It's only through what we hear back from our guests that we learn what we do well and what we need to improve. Your club lounge experience definitely fell short of both your expectations as well as our service standards. Unfortunately, we can't change your experience but we can continue to work with our staff to ensure that all guest interactions are positive and friendly. We'd love the opportunity to try to make a more positive impression if a return visit to St. Louis is planned. Warm regards, RSwick st.louis@sheraton.com
arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

Service is graceous and they truly made me feel like I belonged. Everyone from Seth in guest Services to Raymond Smalley, Director of Operations, was there to make me feel appreciated and welcome. Hotel occupies one of St Louis' historical buildings and provides all the charm and warmth of days gone by. Great hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
I am glad that you enjoyed your Sheraton experience in St. Louis. I appreciate your kind words regarding some of our staff members. We are lucky to have them on the team.

See you back soon!

Rkravitz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

This hotel was beautiful! They have comfy beds, clean lobby, and a big pool and hot tub. I would definately stay there again.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us on TripAdvisor! Happy travels, RSwick st.louis@sheraton.com
New Berlin, Wi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Was in town for a Blues game and it turns out it was one of the busiest weekends because of the Mardi Gras celebration. With the hotel filled to capacity, anytime I needed something the staff was right on it, whether it was an extra pillow to calling for a free shuttle to the casino. Well worth the rate I paid.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

We were attending The Blues hockey game and this hotel is a perfect location. Valet service was challenged in that we had to wait for them to get our car, no warmers available outside so the valet service is running in/out of the hotel for warmth. Checkin was fine and the meal was okay. But they offer 'lemon cake' with fresh strawberries and dark chocolate curls. Turns out the lemon cake is poppy seed bread. The fresh strawberries are canned with pie filling. And the dark chocolate curls are two small medallions with the Sheraton logo on them. Not really a tasty treat. First night waited over 20 minutes to get a cab. So on checkout morning called to request a cab and the front desk clerk was very rude insisting there are cabs available out front so I could come down any time. When I explained that we waited the prior evening on a cab, she became even ruder, repeating her first words. When I did arrive downstairs, of course there were no cabs to be found. She refused to even apologize, just rudely stating that there usually are cabs there (which I already know from experience isn't true). No hotel manager available to even share story with. Went to hotel web site and no way to provide comments there either. Paid an extra $20 to have a spa-bathtub that did not work either. So not sure I would be going back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2010
I thank you for your feedback and apologize for our service shortfalls during your visit. We did have several opportunities during that time that have been addressed. I assure you that these are isolated occurances.

We hope to see you back again so we can show you a much better Sheraton experience.

R Kravitz
Nashville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

As a business traveler, I spend many nights in a hotel. I try to be patient, however, I expect good service. This hotel had PERFECT location as it was directly adjacent to the Scottrade Arena for Blues Hockey. Upon arrival, we had to wait an extended amount of time for the valet to appear. Shameful as the temps dipped into the teens at night, the hotel did not provide a heater outside, thus the valet boys had to keep running in and out of the hotel for warmth. It didn't bode well with me as I was trying to leave for the airport, the valet could not open the cabinet to retrieve my rental car keys. Rushing to catch my plane, this caused quite a bit of stress. Not to mention, there is no taxi stand outside. The room was nice and spacey. The bed's comfort was as advertised- wonderful, with the exception the sheets were rough and crunchy. The toilet paper was substandard for what you would expect from this level of hotel. The front desk staff was unaccommodating and unfriendly. I would definitely think twice before staying at this hotel. The hotel restaurant menu was misleading as to the food offered. The business center was more of a joke as they wanted a $50 credit card deposit before you could use the center's computer. It was overall, a disappointment and I hope the management takes a really good look at the folks who represent their hotel and make some needed changes.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2010
I appreiate your feedback. It is unfortunate that we did have a bad night on the front drive. While I will not make excuses for the situation, I can tell you that they are isolated occurances and have been addressed internally and by our parking service provider.
As for the front desk experience, I can tell you as well that this has been addressed with the appropriate department head to insure that this will not happen again.

I am sure that you can see by the other ratings on this site that most of our guests report favorable service and value. I hope that you will give us another try.

Again, thank you.

RKravitz
general manager
st.louis@sheraton.com

Been to St. Louis City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!