“Great location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton City Center St. Louis

Save Saved
You added Sheraton City Center St. Louis to your Saves list
Sheraton City Center St. Louis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 South 14th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63103 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #67 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
SW MO
“Great location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We decided to stay here for a Friday night Blues game at the Scottrade Center, which is right across the street. There is also a nearby Metrolink station which we used to visit Forest Park/St. Louis Zoo and the Landing/Arch the next day. We found a fantastic deal for a suite for the price of a regular room, and the suite was very nice.

The staff itself was very friendly, from Charlie, the concierge who gave the kids coloring books (and helped me with my luggage) to the front desk staff, bartender and others. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant was good, but just a bit pricey (although kids eat free, which is always a good thing) -- my biggest (and only) complaints were:

1) the business center makes you swipe a credit card to use the computer (although they do give you the first 15 minutes free) -- Drury and other hotels allow guests to use computers from free. Yes, the "club room" has free internet -- but Sheraton wouldn't lose anything by allowing guests to use the computer (and Wi-fi) for free.

2) $5.00 for two half-pints of milk for the kiddos at the end of the day was a bit steep. I don't mind paying for milk, but how much do kids for these in school -- 50 cents? Even the waitress who got them for me was a bit sheepish in asking me for $5.00, and I don't blame her.

We are in "The Lou" on a fairly regular basis, and I certainly would consider staying at the Sheraton again, especially if we are in town for a Blues game.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton_STL, Manager at Sheraton City Center St. Louis, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
ozarkghost,
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed visit to St. Louis and we do hope the next time you are in the area (especially to cheer on the Blues!) that you come see us again. Thanks for letting our future guests know about your experience.

601 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was my first hotel stay in St. Louis. I found a great deal online for the Sheraton. Located very near everything downtown St. Louis has to offer, it was an easy train ride from the Amtrak station. Upon entering the building, I was impressed with the open layout and warm lobby. Check-in was smooth and we were off to our room.

The hallways were dark, but nothing too disturbing. We entered the room and were surprised to see we had a two-room suite. The living area was simple with a TV, microwave and mini-fridge. The hallway leading to the bedroom housed a double sink to the left with great lighting. There were also mirrored sliding closet doors opposite the sinks. The bathtub/toilet room was basic. Keep moving down the hallway and you’re in the bedroom. Two queen beds, closets, dresser and a tube television like the one in the living area. Not a major issue for me; as long as the TV works, I’m happy.

The beds were comfortable and we slept well until sunrise. The heavy, black out drapes were damaged; they looked like piano keys. For someone who laid down at about four, being awakened at six most certainly was not in the plans.

I went to the front desk to request a different room as I’d be there several more nights. The woman as less than friendly, acting as if I were a bother to her and my concern was no big deal. She begrudgingly looked for another room. When her supervisor came over, she explained that I was unhappy with the room. Since I received strange (hard to please customer) looks from them, I decided to show the cell phone pictures. Once they saw them, I received several apologies and a greater deal of customer service.

We were given keys to several rooms and settled on a single room suite. There were no other two-room units available that had functional blackout drapes. The spacious suite lacked privacy, but the drapes worked and we slept well. The room was directly across from the public train station, but noise was not a problem.

With the exception of the blackout fiasco, our stay was enjoyable. I noticed that there are residential units on the opposite side of the building. The lobby, bar, mail and computer rooms are shared, but that does not seem to pose a problem for anyone.

If updates were completed, at minimum new blackout drapes, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
iluv2go2,

Thank you for such a detailed description of your visit with us. We are glad that you were happy with the price and location of our property and that you were able to enjoy your visit despite your experience with the blackout drapes. We are also glad you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. We are sorry you were wakened by the light shining through the blackout drapes and that we were not able to match the same room type when you moved the next day. We assure you that if it was available we would have ensured you received similar accommodations. I am little confused by the mention of tube televisions since we have flat screen televisions in all of our guest rooms since June of 2012. If you have the chance to reach out to us regarding the televisions during your visit we would love to hear from you. 314-231-5007. Thank you once again for all of this helpful information. We assure you the drapes have been addressed thanks to your feedback.
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a huge 2 bedroom suite 3 bed with queen pullout sofa bed,@ 209$ for the Chicago Blackhawks, Blues game on 4/14/13. Perfect. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was outstanding with our server sweet Ann, to front desk changing our room assignment with no questions asked.Outstanding service. About a 5 block walk to Cardinals game, great stadium- even for a Cubs fan, as well as local bars/restaurants.
Even better was short 2 block walk to Scott trade center, for a great hockey game.Sadly, our whole trip was still cheaper to drive/stay over night/eat, get club level 4th row seats, including free food and drink, than it would've been in Chgo..for 5 of us....Highly recommend.

Stayed April 2013
mwright1973, Manager at Sheraton City Center St. Louis, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites for your recent hotel visit. We truly appreciate you staying with us and appreciate the time you took to share your experience on Trip Advisor after your departure. It is valued conscientious Guests such as yourself that provide us the feedback necessary to continue to improve our products and services.

It was gratifying to read that you rated all areas as Excellent. Your comments will be shared with our Team to reinforce the fruits of their efforts.
As we continue to strive to exceed all guests’ expectations and want every guest to have an exceptional stay; your feedback is imperative for us to better understand the needs and concerns of our guests. Thank you once more for the gift of your feedback.
We also want to thank you for your patronage and hope that we have earned your loyalty and future business. If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

Warm regards,

Mark Wright
Director of Operations
Schaumburg, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice stay here. Denise and I went to watch the Blackhawks play the Blues. Very convenient to the stadium. Only problem is after paying for a room, you would think as a guest your parking would be free but thats not the case. Thats the only downside. The pool and hot tub were terrific and the rooftop view just as nice.

• Stayed April 2013
Sheraton_STL, Manager at Sheraton City Center St. Louis, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Bill,

We are glad you enjoyed the location of our hotel, our pool, and the rooftop pool. We are also glad to see the excellent service score. We view our staff and the post important asset in the hotel and strive to provide the most welcoming and comfortable experience for our guests. We are sorry the parking fee caught you off guard. We know unplanned surprises can be frustrating. We look forward to visiting with you during the next Blues / Blackhawks game!
Wheeling, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Walking distance to BOTH ball park and to ice hockey.
Over the weekend we saw a ball game on Saturday and Ice Hockey on Sunday.
Rooms are suites with large rooms.
Good for family. adults/kids
Parking garage has a lot of pillars. Park carefully.
We parked and left our car all day while at the games.
Friendly staff
Breakfast not included.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the side overlooking the highway, you can hear the truck during the night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Steve-the-paperman,

We love visiting with our sports fans!!! Thank you for sharing such a positive review of our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with a memorable experience. We can not wait to visit with you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

BUMS Galore..... at least 5-7 homeless people were going into the hotel... then security was yelling at a homeless women that she could not use the restroom... I was changed into my comfortable clothes and was accused of not being a guest and was told to leave when I told them I was a guess they said "oh" and never apologized. This hotel is in a rough area "pretty ghetto" and parking is horrendous and they charge like 15 bucks or something for self pay. The Mattress was hard like a rock the room was not that bad but it was a little creepy in the hotel it seemed I was the only person on my floor. I do not like this hotel it is a 2 star hotel trying to make it appear to be more... .Would never stay here again... not safe.. even if your a guy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
mwright1973, Manager at Sheraton City Center St. Louis, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to apologize the disappointing experience you encountered on your recent visit to the Sheraton St Louis City Center Hotel.

I very much regret the unfortunate circumstances that led to the frustration and inconveniences that you suffered. I can certainly understand how disturbing it must have been for you to be subjected to an encounter such as the one you described. I can assure you that this is not typical of our hotel, and want to assure you that steps have been taken to ensure that similar incident do not re-occur. As I am sure you understand; Guest Safety and Satisfaction is our utmost priority. I apologize for the lack of judgment on the part of the individual involved in this situation.

Once again I very much regret all the inconvenience caused, but truly appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. I also would like to assure you that all of us here at The Sheraton St Louis City Center Hotel are dedicated to Total Customer Satisfaction.

Warm regards,

Mark Wright
Director of Operations
indy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was the second year we've stayed here for a Blues hockey game and it's great! It's like a block away so its an easy walk. And the staff is very friendly and helpful, we had to leave early our last night there due to a snow storm coming in. They not only compt us for parking but refunded our night we couldn't stay and they didn't have to do this! I will say the bar food could have been a little better but other than that i can't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
harleymac,

We are glad to hear that you will be back to visit with us the next time you are in the area. We love taking care of our guests and understand that sometimes unexpected things come up (such as bad weather) so we try to be flexible. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center as your host hotel.

Been to Sheraton City Center St. Louis? Share your experiences!